I spent 11 nights here at the end of March and beginning of April 2014. The first week was business and, in the second, I was joined by wife and 13 year old daughter. The whole experience from check-in to departure was positive in every respect. The room was a delux harbour view on the 15th floor and was beautifully appointed with a large airy bathroom, super size business desk, very comfy bed and of course breathtaking views across Victoria Harbour to HK Island. The breakfast at Cafe Kool was superb offering a huge array of oriental and Western options. Likewise, the buffet dinner there was very good albeit fairly pricey. As is typical of the Shangri-La group, the service is exemplary. Response times for every request (eg more hangers in room, laundry collection, additional towels etc) were super quick and the service was always delivered with a smile. I usually stay on HK island for convenience purposes as that is where I tend to have most of my business meetings. However, as other reviewers have noted, the MTR is right outside the hotel and you can be at Admiralty in 10 mins and Central in 15. I and my family found the travel easy and no inconvenience at all. Moreover, coming back to the Kowloon Shangri-La which, with the Tsim Tsa Tsui promenade adjacent to it, makes for a very pleasant oasis in a hectic and vibrant city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong