We have just come back from a 5 night stay at the fabulous Kowloon Shangri-La. The hotel is in a great location right on the harbour front a few minutes walk to the Star Ferry, MTR and Nathan road and its surrounding areas. The service from all staff is just fantastic. We were quickly checked in to our harbour view room (but not horizon club), the room is large and has all the amenities you could ask for I especially loved the electric sheers and curtains (must install them in my house!), we had a great view of the harbour towards HK Island even though we were only on the 7th floor.
As i say the service and hospitality really is top notch as soon as we arrived in the room we received complimentary Tea and fresh fruit, i also had a surprise birthday cake and card which was delicious! (the cake not the card!). When we first arrived in the room our basin wasn't working properly a quick call and within 5 minutes a plumber was sent up and it was fixed. During our stay I had some samples sent to me by my suppliers in China and each time the staff at the shangri-la promptly called me to tell me that a package had arrived for me and if i wanted it sent up to my room. Equally I had the opportunity to use the business centre as i needed to send some items to China, I left it with the receptionist at the business center to arrange for the courier to collect and went out for the rest of the day later that day when i returned to my room I found a note under the door letting me know that the courier had picked up the parcel. Equally we did some shopping in town and had the shop drop it off to the hotel as we carried on sight seeing for the rest of the day again when we returned we found that our shopping had already been delivered to our room.
We ate breakfast at Cafe / Deli Kool and have to say it is probably the best breakfast i have encountered of any four or five star hotels. There is excellent selection of Chinese Indian and English / American breakfast foods plus all the fruit juices you can think of (if they don´t have it ready just tell them what you want and they will squeeze it fresh for you). Needless to say we ate enough not to require lunch! We also ate dinner here a couple of night and that was good too.
We used the red Taxis to get from the airport and back but next time i will try the hotel limo service which i have heard is great. I do not really know what the difference is between the Horizon Club room and the normal harbour view room that we had but really we couldn't have asked for anymore and were quite happy with the room and service we received. We were sad to be leaving after 5 nights we could quite easily have stayed a little longer. The only negative with the whole experience was that sometimes the air con was a little too cold in the Cafe Kool. We look forward to returning to the Shangri-La the next time we are in Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travelbag, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong