We stayed three days at the Kowloon Shangri-La as part of a four day, post-cruise extension with Viking Cruises. The hotel is large and very busy but everything flows well with excellent service and very comfortable public areas. The hotel is located on the harbor and there is a covered walkway which leads from the hotel to the promenade where a night time laser show is held. The brunch breakfast had many choices both Chinese and western. At night, live music in the main lobby is performed. When we were there, a female singing group from the Philippines was performing and they were excellent
Our room did not have a harbor view but was a lower floor room that looked on to a garden. The room was large with a modern bathroom, king size bed, desk, large screen TV and with all the amenities you would probably need. Mini bar prices are high! Hint: As you leave the front of the hotel, where pick-up and drop off is located, turn left and walk about 30 yards and you will see on the left a small "7-11" store which sells snacks, cokes, beer and wine at inexpensive prices. Also, as you leave the front of the hotel, just across the street running in front of the hotel, is an Italian restaurant serving good thin crust pizza and two for one draft beers. There are many busy streets surrounding the hotel with Chinese restaurants and American chain restaurants such as Ruth's Chris Steak House.
You may have been on a tour were you experience one of the 5 to 10 "percenters" -people who rush to be first, often complaining to the tour guide and are just self-centered and demanding. When we got to the hotel it was about 8:00 PM and it had been day and everyone appeared tired. The tour group member in front of us, who was first to the desk, wanted this, didn't like that, wanted to speak to the manager, etc. The young Chinese woman at the front desk was exceeding polite and attempted to meet this persons needs as best she could. When our turn finally came, I tried to be very cooperative and quick so others would not have to wait. She promptly and very professionally did the paperwork, and then gave us a lovely smile (she was beautiful) as she slightly bowed and presented the envelope with our key cards holding the envelope in both hands as she said very warmly, "welcome". We had great service in all areas of the hotel.
We may be in Hong Kong in March for a cruise,and if so, will spend the day before sailing at the Kowloon Shangrai-La.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong