For our honeymoon we spent just under a week in Hong Kong and after looking at and almost booking more expensive hotels we decided on booking the Kowloon Shangri-La, and it was a very wise choice.
From the moment we arrived at the hotel one of the lovely staff of the guest relations team came out and met us as our Airport Express minibus pulled up. One of the porters promptly helped me with our luggage and the guest relations team member, welcomed us warmly and showed us inside.
The building itself is beginning to show its age however the driveway, entrance and foyer do not show their age at all. The foyer of the hotel is very tastefully furnished with marble floors, chandeliers and a fountain also a very large and comfortable lounge area. The check-in process was quick and easy and we were then personally shown to our room.
As per the website, the hotel is being refurbished with one wing of the hotel closed. There was some work being carried out whilst we there, however the noise was minimal and was only heard during the middle of the day and never early in the morning or in the evenings. Also any evidence of any work being carried out was discretely covered up so it was hardly noticable.
We had booked a deluxe harbour view room. Our room was very large and comfortable with all the mod-cons, including large flat screen tv and some nice touches such as electric blinds which would open automatically when we entered the room. The bathroom was quite large with marbled floors and walls and a large shower area and bathtub.
We had the pleasure of eating at the buffet in the Cafe Kool and a dinner at Shang Palace, both highly recommended and the service at both was of a high standard. Shang Palace however, even though the food was great you can find pretty much the same at a much lower price outside. We also spent some in the hotels' lounge area, great range of drinks and snacks with very friendly service.
I would have to say that the service at this hotel was absolutely fantastic. We have stayed at other Shangri-La's and also in Horizon Club rooms in the past and I would have to say the level of service that we recieved at the Kowloon Shangri-La was by far the best we have ever experienced. From the front desk to the doormen, the waitresses in the lounge, to everyone in the guest relations team everyone that we had interacted with were very professional, friendly and in some cases went beyond what we expected. In once instance, as I was not feeling well when we arrived in Hong Kong our guest relations officer upon hearing this sent up a jug of hot water, a selection of teas, honey and sliced lemons and a get well soon card. Something that I did not expect at all...
On a side note I would also like to thank our guest relations officer Gladys, who was very hospitable, very warm and went beyond what we expected. She was aware that we were on our honeymoon and made our stay extra special. She made our stay our Hong Kong and our honeymoon even more memorable; I look forward to staying at the Kowloon Shangri-La again in the very near future.
I highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate in staying there next time I visit Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Southall Travel, Destinology, Travelbag and Hotels.com so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong