“A Convenient Oasis of Luxury”

Regal Airport Hotel
Ranked #103 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Henderson, NV
“A Convenient Oasis of Luxury”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have stayed at the Regal Airport Hotel on two previous occasions. This time I opted for an Executive Club Floor room when I made the resevation for April 2 staying for one night. The total room rate including service charge was HK$1584. This was a fully prepaid, non-cancelable and non-refundable rate. I have to say the price was worth it for the Executive Club Floor experience.

This was my final day in Hong Kong and my flight had a very early 8:25am departure time the next morning. For this reason I felt more comfortable waking up and already being at the airport. The security checkpoint took less than 5 minutes to walk to after I checked out. Obviously, the location is a great strength of this property.

After arriving at the Hong Kong airport, I proceeded to the front desk at approximately 12:15pm and was told to go to the 11th floor for private check-in in the Executive Club lounge. Lucy welcomed me, provided a fragrant hot towel with welcome tea and handled the check-in formalities. Lucy was very friendly, professionaly and helpful. I had mentioned my early departure the next morning and she pro-actively arranged for a wake-up call. In addition, I was given a choice of premium tea to be delivered to my room later in the day. And as a fun surprise, Lucy asked me to play the Regal Fortune Cookies draw. This is a promotional game where the fortune inside determines the prize you receive (for Executive Club guests until June 20). In my case I won complimentary in-room Wifi service for an extra device during my stay. Other prizes ranged from extra Regal Club points to substantial discounts at restaurants. Anyway, the check-in process provided a nice sense of exclusivity where I could tell that the Executive Club floor staff really cared.

The room was perfect. I could tell immediately that it was fresh and had a modern feel to it (see pictures). The King size bed was massive and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was clean and had a nice marble floor surface. I was very happy with the removable shower head as it had excellent water pressure. The hairdryer was also of high quality as it emitted a powerful stream of air on the high setting. Lighting and air controls were on a panel right on the nightstand. There was a large flat screen tv as well as a Phillips brand Ipod docking station with two speakers. I liked this touch as I happened to have my Ipod with me and the sound was amazing. The in-room safe is standard among all room types.There was also a mini bar but I really did not have a need for it. All in all the room quality in Executive Club floor rooms is spacious, aesthetically pleasing, fresh and comfortable.

Between 5pm and 8pm there are compimentary cocktails and appetzers available in the Executive Club lounge. Dress code is smart casual. The setup is self service with a variety of wines, beers, champagne and liquor. The appetizers included a nice mushroom soup and a variety of bite size appetizers such as skewered chicken and a couple different varities of dim sum. It was a nice relaxing evening with a great view. For those without tablets or laptops, the lounge included Internet access on several computer terminals. Access to the Executive Club Lounge is exclusive for Club registered guests. But if you want to invite someone not staying on the Club floor, you can pay an admission fee of HK$238 per person up to a maximum of two. The offerings and service in the lounge were above average and consistent with the satisfaction one would expect in a Club floor experience.

There are many other Club floor benefits that I did not use due to my short length of stay including: (1) Use of Regal shuttle bus service (2) Use of Meeting room for up to 2 hours daily (3) Pressing of 2 pieces of clothing per stay (3) Express laundry service at normal rates (4) A 30% discount at all hotel food and beverage outlets (except bottled wine and tobacco) including Room Service, Minibar and Laundry services (4) Bonus frequent flyer miles on eligible room rates (5) Continental Buffet Breakfast from 6:30am-11:00am in the Club lounge.

In summary I will say that the this Regal Airport hotel experience was luxurious, relaxing and met all of my needs. It is in my view the best in-airport hotel that I have stayed at. I look forward to returning the next time I visit Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Just book an Executive Club floor room for optimal room quality and amenities.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Meadows015
RAH_HK, Guest Relations Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review!

We are very pleased to know that our Executive Club provided a perfect stay for you! We will definitely be sharing your great words to Lucy and the rest of the team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were en route to Hanoi and were delighted with the quality of our stay. The room was well designed, very modern and very clean. We really could not fault it. Service at reception was a bit slow but ok really. Good having a choice of eateries downstairs.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ullaz
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your comments.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our room and the dining choices we offer. We will continue our efforts to further improve our services.

We look forward of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

stockholm
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My wife just checked in on this hotel that we already booked and paid on 25 March on Hotels.com

After my wife checked in the hotel charged the money to her credit card even though we already paid. BLOODY CROOKS

Room Tip: they steal money
Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We certainly apologize and wish to process the refund if we double charged you. Please feel free to contact Guest Service Team so that we can remedy your concerns immediately.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

We stay at airport hotels because if we can travel by day rather than night the extra night is worth it. Overnight we always fly in the front of the bus. This is a relatively good value hotel price wise and was our second stay. This time the rooms were done up and the hotel looked fresher. Our first room upgraded suffered from an unusual noise coming from the back of the toilet after flushing that would not go away. Room change was on the same floor. No apology or assistance with bags. Is room suffered from inadequate air conditioning and if hotels insist on duvets at least allow the room to cool down properly. I would really like to start an anti duvet movement. I think that airport hotels generally and this one in particular treat you as a commodity rather than guest. Having the benefit of closeness to the check in should bring a higher standard.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jobbo23
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to serve you better. We sincerely apologize for our service having fallen short of your expectations. Rest assured that we have placed great priority on the issues you raised.

We hope to have opportunities to welcome you back to our hotel.

Waiheke Island, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We were stopping over on a trip to London from Auckland NZ. It was wonderful to walk out of immigration and be in a hot bath in 15 minutes. Our room (deluxe double) was only slightly deluxe. The towels were thin and a bit grey. The towelling robes looked unwashed. The restaurants were unappealing so we didn't try them. I suppose the hotel has been there for a while and is in need of TLC. The checkin was the slowest I have ever experienced and seemed to involve a lot of paperwork. Most of the reception staff were curt with one exception (not a chinese gentleman) who was very helpful and friendly. THe location makes the hotel a winner but don't stay there too long.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your comments.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. This is certainly not the usual experience we provide our guests and the management team is taking actions to further improve our service and facilities. In fact, we will be starting our guestroom renovation later this month.

We look forward of welcome you back to our hotel.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed here for only a 10 hour transit through HK. After a long flight all you want is a shower and a comfortable bed. unfortunately, this hotel had neither. No hot water, and the beds are as hard as concrete.

Obviously, you can't get a better location for a transit hotel - but I think for the price some of these fairly basic requirements should be better accommodated.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments. My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced as this is certainly not typical of our hotel. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we will be following up with immediately.

We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Hong Kong. Thanks again for taking time to write this review.

Sydney
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed here over the Easter long weekend and thankfully they managed to squeeze us in - SO happy they did because we have had an unbeatable experience here and we've stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world. As has been said, the hotel is extremely close to the airport which is very convenient when you're tired after a long flight. We used the train to go in and out of the city everyday which is right outside and takes approx. 20 minutes to get to Hong Kong island or 15 to Kowloon. The executive rooms are beautifully fitted with sleek and modern styling, a lounge area, big tv and a stunning view of the mountains. What made the stay for us was the hotel bringing to our door an exquisite tiramisu cake after realising it was my birthday from my passport, even with a little candle for us to light in the room. Never before have we had such amazing customer service in a hotel. They have definitely gone the extra mile and we know where we'll be staying on our next visit. Huge thanks to Francis the assistant manager on duty, and to the rest of the lovely hotel staff for a memorable stay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Noreen G
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our location and service and the benefits offered to our Executive Club guests. We will definitely share you kind words with the rest of the team.
Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!