“Poor Service, Convenient for a Bed and a Shower”

Regal Airport Hotel
Ranked #101 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here for one night during a long lay over. Check in was pretty quick. Upon check in they offered an approximately 75$USD upgrade that included free wifi and access to the club lounge that included breakfast. The wifi signal in room was completely non-existent, waste of money. The lounge had a nice view of the runway, but the breakfast was meager at best, extremely basic continental american/asian breakfast.

The room was clean and comfortable. Upon turning on the TV, it was stuck on the welcome screen. I went down to the lobby and asked if they could fix it... Upon returning to my room later in the day the TV was on but stuck on a movie channel that came in fuzzy. My colleagues said that their TV operated in much the same way. Not sure what the problem was or why it couldn't be fixed?

All in all, if you need a shower and a bed close to the hotel this will do but it is not great for much else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris U
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Regal Airport Hotel and for taking time to share your experience with us during your recent stay.

Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to serve you better.

We sincerely apologise for not having lived up to your service delivery expectations when you stayed at our Executive Club.

Please rest assured that we have brought your comments to the Head of department responsible and also shared them with the associates involved.

We would be most honoured if we could once again be of service to you on your next visit to Hong Kong and welcome another opportunity to give you a firsthand experience of the service culture that sets us apart and for which we continue to be known.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of any further assistance to you.

Thank you very much and we look forward to having you back at the Regal Airport Hotel.

With warm regards from the World's Best Airport Hotel in Asia's Most Exciting City!

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

If you just wait for the transit in HK, just book it. It is connected to the airport. Room is spacious and clean. Service is of normal standard. Not too good. Not too bad.
But if you plan to travel a bit in hk, this htel maybe too remoted.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Greetings from Regal Airport Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent stay.

Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter.

We are delighted that we had the opportunity to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back at Regal Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Let's face it, the only reason to book this hotel is if you are passing through HK and want the convenience of this location. The check in at the front desk is so slow you will likely go insane waiting. Other hotels in HK have such great service that it only makes the Regal look that much worse.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologise for not having lived up to your service delivery expectations when you stayed with us.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We were only in Hong Kong overnight and this hotel was perfect for that. Nice clean rooms, quick check in and out, within walking distance of the terminal. There was no view but we arrived late and left early so it was not an issue. We'd use it again in similar circumstances.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I know others below complained about time to check in but maybe I had a good night. I arrived this week at almost 9p and there were 3 people behind the desk. I was checked in under 5 minutes. I did not explore the hotel. There was a decent lounge area where I saw people on laptops using the lounge wifi but I had an early flight and was only 3/4 through a 37 hour journey to Singapore. In other words, I got to the hotel, checked in and relaxed in order to make it to my morning flight.
They do tell you that wireless is free for guests then when you login in your room with the passcode you end up agreeing to pay. I'm not sure if it gets wiped off bill or not as I have seen this elsewhere regarding charges but they don't stick for wifi. Another reviewer felt they were charged. I would ask about this or at least limit your wifi to one device just in case! Anyhow, room was fine for 12 hour layover. It's a little smaller than I would have expected but for me that was just fine. I needed a bed and shower. I think someone smoked in my non-smoking room (obviously not the hotel's fault) before I got there and it was covered up with plenty of deodorizer. My worst fears of my bed smelling like an ashtray were not confirmed thankfully and it smelled just fine. I slept well, they called me on time for the wake up call and off I went to Singapore!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice facility with amazing airport access. The hotel itself is nice however in need of some improvements to the decor and furnishing. The rooms are great and the spa is very nice. The service and staff are poor for the hospitality industry in comparison. They are less focused on the guests and more on the transactions... If you are on an overnight or travel through Hong Kong, I recommend; however if any longer find a better place!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank JayPorter

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip for a second time due to the location being right on the airport and my flight being early the next morning and I must say, this will be my last stay. Next time I will try the Marriott which is also on the airport.

Two things turned me off here, the service is terrible and their in-room wireless policy is deceptive. Both times that I've have been here I've had to wait in excess of 15 minutes to check in, even later in the evening. The front desk is understaffed and slow. When I arrive, I want to be checked in quickly, especially after a long day. Also, once I got into my room, I tried twice to call down to the front desk and nobody answered. It took a third call to get someone to answer. For over $300 a night they should give you in-room wireless access for free but instead I had to purchase it which I did and when I checked out they tried to charge me for 3 times because I used 3 devices, none of which was explained when I checked in.

The rooms were nice enough and the location is great but not enough to overcome what I feel are a couple of big shortcomings. Stay at the Marriott.

Room Tip: Check the in-room wireless internet policy carefully before you check in
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business