“Its dark in the room!”

Regal Airport Hotel
Ranked #94 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I am in transit and have checked checked into the hotel. I must be one of those unlucky guests who got a room with no power on! And this is my reason in giving 3 stars to this hotel. I safely can say an hour has passed and still no power. Front desk adviced that Engineering is checking on the power situation. At least the room is not stuffy! Hard to sleep and take a bath with no power. And I have an early morning flight! I am not sure if they will refund my room payment!

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jepzzy
Write a ReviewReviews (5,073)

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and very convenient for travelers. But even more impressive was the help I received from their staff...especially Mr. Wing.

I had to change my itinerary due to ill health. Mr. Wing and the gentlemen in the concierge department made all the necessary changes so I could spend one more day in Hong Kong and rest.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Thank J. A
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Regal Airport Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent stay. Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter.

We are delighted to receive your kind words about your service experience with our associates. We strongly believe that our associates are our greatest asset, and we are indeed proud of them. We will be more than happy to share your comments with them, as we are sure they will be most appreciative of your compliments.

We are delighted that we had the opportunity to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back at Regal Airport Hotel.

With warm regards from the World's Best Airport Hotel in Asia's Most Exciting City!

Yours sincerely,
John Girard

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had a long 16hr overnight layover in Hong Kong, landing close to midnight and leaving the afternoon after. Thought about chancing it to head into town after clearing customs but decided against it and booked this hotel instead. Turned out to be a wise choice as flight was delayed leaving and I didn't get out of customs until almost 1am, at which time the train had stopped running so had I booked a hotel in town I would've been stuck with more expensive taxi's.

First the location: this hotel is physically connected to the airport terminal so you stay indoors the entire time. It's a few minutes walk from the Airport Express station so it's convenient if you're heading into town via MTR.

Room:
Standard slightly dated hotel, but bed is comfortable, clean, smoke-free, bathroom has been updated and you don't hear the airplanes. Upgraded to flatscreen TV and has mini-fridge as well. Too bad in-room wifi cost money (130HKD?) but you can get free wifi down in the lobby area.

After a night's sleep I was able to head into town to do a bit of sightseeing before going back and checking out (hotel was gracious enough to grant me a late checkout) so no complaints from me. While I wouldn't choose this hotel if I am staying for more than 1 night in Hong Kong, I would definitely consider this hotel again next time I have a long layover in HKG.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jsgiguere
Reviewed 30 May 2014

What an amazing hotel.. Absolutely 5 star. The room was amazing with every luxury.. Service was impeccable and the breakfast absolutely first class. And along with the other facilities it is definitely worth the stay

Room Tip: Executive suite worth the pamper
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Access to the hotel was very convenient for an overnight stay after long flight from north America. The proximity really helped with leaving next day on connecting flight to mainland China.

I initially booked the room well in advance through the internet at a very reasonable price (1090 HKD). Upon arrival I purchased the Executive room supplement that gave access to internet as well as a lounge for late afternoon snacks and drinks and also for breakfast. The supplement was 500 HKD. May be a little expensive but I did not regret it.

Went to dinner at Rouge. That was a disappointment that i would skip in the future. Might have been enough to get stuffed up on free appetizers in executive lounge.

Rooms were a very decent size and well-appointed. Food selection at breakfast was adequate. Not luxurious but but more than adequate. And a big plus for convenience. I would do it again.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the executive room supplement and lounge but it may not be necessary if you are only going t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in Room 6068 and we had a great view of the landing strip. It wasn't noisy at all - you can't hear the planes much. Funny thing though is you can hear the water running in the bathroom in the next room. The room we occupied was really big. We had 3 single beds, there was so much room for our 2 kids to run around. Location is right at the airport with direct access to the airport itself. Pretty convenient if you plan to visit Disneyland but I recommend to stay in the East Tsim Sha Tsui area then take the MTR from East Tsim Sha Tsui to Nam Cheong (pink line) then transfer trains going to Tung Chung, get off at Sunny Bay and take the train to Disney. Sounds a lot but it's pretty fast that way.

Back to the hotel, not a good idea to stay here if you plan to shop and explore the city. But for Disney, it was ok. Sleep was good, the beds were firm, blankets soft - our kids slept pretty well so I would say we were quite comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a long flight from Chicago, I had a feeling staying at the airport would make the layover much more enjoyable. The Regal Airport is connected to the international terminal and well marked by airport signs. Quick 5 minute walk. I booked an executive floor room for little incremental cost which got me an expedited check in on the 11th floor in the club, internet service, and a free breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable and did the purpose for a few hours of sleep before my morning flight. Fantastic breakfast with a chef in the executive club to prepare eggs to order and a coffee machine that made me a latte. A nice assortment of Asian and American cuisine so I could get eggs, bacon, toast, fresh fruit, yogurt, and a little shrimp fried rice to start my day. Very courteous staff highlighted by Ms Kini Kwon.

Room Tip: Book an executive club oom
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business