“Great for a stop over”

Regal Airport Hotel
Ranked #96 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great location, through arrivals, take the far left hand corner of the airport just past Starbucks.
My sister and I stayed here for 1 night,after our flight from Australia, as we were going to Disneyland the following day, which is by the airport.
Check in was efficient and we had no trouble finding our room.
Room was reasonably modern and clean and faced part of the airport.
No noise at all could be heard.
Beds were comfortable (although as in Asia, were quite firm) and air con worked well.
Drinking water was provided.
I called housekeeping for more towels and pillows and they arrived promptly.
Slippers were provided.
WiFi was available for a charge in the room, or free in the lobby for 20 mins.
There was a large chunk of wallpaper pealing off the wall under the window in our room which was not particularly appealing.
With McD's, Starbucks and Delifrance available in the airport area, a short walk from the hotel, you are not stuck for somewhere to eat.
There is also a restaurant and cafe in the lobby.
Concierge was helpful
I would be happy to stay here again for convenience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay and indeed our hotel is prized for having the best location with the airport. We look forward to welcoming you back at Regal Airport Hotel. With warm regards from the Asia's Most Exciting City!

With warm regards from the Asia's Most Exciting City!

John Girard

Write a ReviewReviews (5,082)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great airport hotel, well designed and easily accessible from the airport terminal via a covered walkway, no steps or escalators at all from arrivals which means you can take your luggage on the trolley right up to the hotel entrance where you surrender it to porters. The rooms are ultra-modern and well appointed. Rates are very reasonable by HK standards especially if you book in advance. My only quibble was the tedious queue to check-in, after a long flight, you want to get to your room asap. However staff were efficient once I reached the front of the queue. Strongly recommended overall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Marco S
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We will be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!
With warm regards from the Asia's Most Exciting City!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently spent 8 days here due to attending a conference which was being held. So I managed to sample a few if the restaurants & the spa.

Our room was clean and main complaint with the room was the lack if plug sockets, we had to unplug TV in order to charge laptops etc.

Also I feel the lack of free WiFi in rooms is unheard nowadays particularly as its not cheap to stay here. 30mins free in reception isn't good enough either.

The international buffet is good on the ground floor, we also enjoyed our meal in the grill, although the soft drinks were the most expensive of any place in Hong Kong.

Overall it is a good hotel but pricey, it also has a shuttle to its sister hotel in the city.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

-Location: convenient for an transition. Only a 5-minute walk from airport.

-Room: Room is actually quite big in Hong Kong standards. There is a bath tub in the room. The position of TV is quite weird and the TV is quite small.

-Service: VERY poor service. I asked for two bottles of water and tissues at about 5pm and then go to airport for dinner. When I come back to my room at 7pm, the water and tissues have not been delivered. I called the front desk for additional 3 times, and a woman finally came to my room to send me those things at 9pm. I said "hi" and "thank you" to that woman, but she did not give me any response. So did other staff in the hotel. When I called front desk for water and tissues, the woman at front desk hang the phone before I could finish my sentece. Too impolite.

-Addtional information: (1) The hotel is extremely overpriced. (2) I waited for at least 45 minutes to check in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I spent the day at Regal Hotel during a long stopover on my way home from Europe. The hotel is large and very modern and easily accessed via a walkway from the airport although it was hard to find signage inside the airport giving the direction of the hotel until it was in sight from a terminal building. My check-in took a long time - I can't work out while there has to be 10 minutes of entering details in a computer for someone with a booking. Anyway, eventually I was given my key card and told to go to the North Wing. I wandered around the third floor for 10 minutes but couldn't find my room. In the end I went back to Reception where after 5 more minutes of computer keyboarding, I was then told to go to the South Wing with a scant apology from the staff member who had booked me in and sent me to the wrong part of the hotel. By this time I was exhausted after an 11 hour flight and all the unnecessary nonsense at the hotel but at least this time I managed to find my room which was large and airy. I was looking forward to a long hot shower but the lever switching the bath faucet to the shower head seemed to be broken so I was forced to have a bath. I did have a good sleep in a large, comfortable bed and the hotel was very quiet. Room WiFi had to be paid for but there was free access in a lounge area - better than nothing but not exactly convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a functioning shower.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your email. We sincerely apologise for not having lived up to your service delivery expectations. Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated as they are indeed crucial in supporting our improvement efforts, and for that have taken actions and through training to correct the service delivery.

We would be most honoured if we could once again be of service to you on your next visit. Thank you very much and we look forward to having you back at the Regal Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a one stay on the way from Melbourne to Helsinki. Got a good rate on Agoda, but were given an upgraded room in any case. Nice view to the east over the islands from the 10th floor.

The room was well appointed, clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Only negative was the lack of free in-room wifi, but for convenience and location it can't be beaten. Just walk back into the terminal (same level) for some decent Hong Kong food at the popular Crystal Jade restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ctrunfree
RAH_HK, General Manager at Regal Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Regal Airport Hotel and for taking time to share your experience with us during your recent stay.

Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to serve you better. We sincerely apologise for not having lived up to your service delivery expectations when you stayed with us.

Please note that complimentary wireless internet connectivity is available in the lobby, iLounge and restaurants for 30 minutes. You may also enjoy free in-room internet on your next visit when you make your reservation on Regal website. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of any further assistance to you.

We would be most honoured if we could once again be of service to you on your next visit to Hong Kong and welcome another opportunity to give you a firsthand experience of the service culture that sets us apart and for which we continue to be known.Thank you very much and we look forward to having you back at the Regal Airport Hotel.

With warm regards from the World's Best Airport Hotel in Asia's Most Exciting City!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Missed a flight connection so I had the pleasure of spending the next 24 hours in the Regal Airport Hotel in Hong Kong. Most airport hotels, in my experience, do only what is minimally required of a hotel because, hey, they are at the airport. Where else will you stay if you need to be at the airport?

But the Regal is truly outstanding in this department. The rooms are clean and very well kept. The whole hotel looks like a resort, with everything from a spa, to a beautiful pool, to a kid's play land.

But where this place really shines is the buffet restaurant. The food is fantastic. The only problem I had was trying to decide what to try next. It was all delicious.

And the entire staff were very friendly and customer service oriented.

I would have been happy with this hotel anywhere. The fact that it is located right at the airport made it that much better.

Room Tip: Try the buffet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Regal Airport Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent stay. Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter.

We are delighted to receive your kind words about your service experience with our associates. We strongly believe that our associates are our greatest asset, and we are indeed proud of them. We will be more than happy to share your comments with them, as we are sure they will be most appreciative of your compliments.

We are delighted that we had the opportunity to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back at Regal Airport Hotel.

Yours sincerely,