“Executive club room is the way to go.”

Regal Hongkong Hotel
Ranked #125 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hamilton, Canada
“Executive club room is the way to go.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I must admit that this hotel really surpassed my expectations. It is in the best possible location being in the heart of Causeway Bay and right next to Victoria Park and the MTR. There are so many good restaurants around and great shopping with Times Square just around the corner.

My wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon in Asia, we had a room on the 34th floor it was one of the executive club rooms. The room has big windows and tall ceilings and really had a grand feel to it. Being on the club floors there really is lots of benefits, we had free airport shuttle which btw has free wi-fi. Also the breakfast was included which was served on the club floor and had beautiful views of honk kong being on the 31st floor as well everyt night from 5-8pm cocktails and hors d'oeuvres served for club guests.

They really pay attention to detail here and even sent up a bottle of wine for us when they found out we were on our honeymoon. Really great hotel and weather you are here for business or pleasure I would highly recommend staying at the regal.

Room Tip: All the rooms up on the club floors are great and provide best possible views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Best rate in Causeway Bay, better than Park Lane and the overpriced Excelsior in the same area. Hotel décor is China meets Italy, but the refurbished room is not bad at all. Got a good rate at Agoda for executive level room. Check in at 31st floor away from the madding crowd. Breakfast is adequate but the view makes up for it. Better have congee a few blocks down at Sugar Street, Ocean Seafood. Ground Floor houses Din Tai Fung and second floor has Fu Sing. Will consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Executive Room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mainevent
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed at the Regal Hotel, Causeway Bay for two whole weeks on a recent business trip. This hotel is a decent hotel which is centrally located in Causeway Bay. It's not a bad hotel possibly 3 stars with a bit of colonial feel to it possibly from the previous English rule.

The problem I had was with the service. While the staff at the breakfast table were extremely friendly, I felt like all other staff were out to rip me off. Every thing me and my colleague asked for seems to be chargeable or to our disadvantage. Even things that were negotiated beforehand when we made reservations such as laundry and airport-hotel shuttle. Throughout the whole stay, all I felt was how much I disliked the money-minded staff which really ruined my stay.

Without fail, the Housekeeping staff will forget to replace the laundry bag and laundry list every day. And when I call to request for one, it takes them about 20 mins to come over. Then after that, it takes them another twenty minutes to pick up my laundry after I've completed the list. On one of the nights, I had to make three calls before I could get hold of a lousy laundry bag and laundry list. This poor level of service is inexcusable.

Bottom line is, I will never return to this hotel. If the hotel treated their staff better, they may be more motivated to treat the hotel guests better. I'm writing this review from the comforts of the Grand Hyatt, Jakarta hotel room and thinking to myself that these two hotels are simply worlds apart!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RegalHongkongHotelEO, Executive Assistant Manager at Regal Hongkong Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Sir,

I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for taking the time to comment on our services during your recent stay with us.

We regret to learn about your dissatisfactory on the services provided by our Servicing Teams, and laundry issues throughout your stay, which was certainly not reflective of our usual standards. Nonetheless, we have taken your feedback very constructively and meanwhile implemented corrective actions and intensive trainings have been in place to ensure a consistent delivery of our service standards.

Please be ensure that your valuable comment would be brought up to our Management concerns with further enhancement will be in placed in order to preform higher service standard when we serving our guests.

Whilst we are looking forward to hearing from you soon, we would be delighted to restore your current perception of our services and facilities. For this purpose, I would be obliged, if you could channel your next reservation through my office to enable me to personally look after your well-being.

Stephen Chow
Executive Assistant Manager
Toronto
Reviewed 13 March 2014

After a gruelling 21 hour flight and another 4 to go, this was a welcome stop over. The hotel and amenities were very decorative just missing the New Years events. The room for an airport hotel was quiet, clean, well equipped and although a little tired looking was very good deal for this class of hotel. I must also note the selection of eateries and bars would suite any desire or budget.

• Stayed February 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is good since it is in a convenient location in causeway bay in hong kong. It also has got a good lobby with a restaurant and service is excellent. The best part I found was the outlet of SubWay just opposite to the hotel.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are indeed spacious.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Hotel located near subway station dan bus stop tram stop. Many shop for shopping and room charge is not too expensive. Hotel service nice also hotel shaft is friendly. Also there airport to hotel and return for free of charge if make reservation via internet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haris368
Singapore
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed in a deluxe room for 1 night. Our room was spacious and clean, though it was a bit dated. The complimentary WIFI worked very well, but only two devices can be connected per room.
There was a small standing shower and a big bath tub in the bathroom. However, there was no shower head in the bath tub, rendering the bath tub unusable (unless you want to fill the whole bath tub). The standing shower, on the other hand, was very small and you could easily hit yourself against the wall. This hotel is a ‘Green Hotel’ and hence, towels are changed every 3 days. There was no iron in the room. I asked for it and the housekeeping had done a good job by bringing it promptly.
The use of computer in the business centre cost HKD30 for only 15 min. I thought as a business hotel , this should be provided free of charge.
Breakfast place (level 1) was nicely decorated. The food provided was quite standard, with some local food such as dim sum and pao.
The location of this hotel is excellent. The ‘ding ding’ tram stops right in front of the building. The MTR (Causeway Bay) is just a short walk away. You can walk to SOGO, Hysan Place, Jardine’s Bazaar etc. There are tonnes of food options nearby.
All-in-all, the hotel is OK but not excellent. If you manage to get a good rate, go for it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business