“Comfortable, convenient hotel for tired traveler”

Regal Hongkong Hotel
Ranked #121 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Regal for a business trip to China while I was waiting for my visa.
In the HK summers, it is such a luxury not to have to leave the comfort of air conditioning. Leave customs and immigration, walk out past the Starbucks, down the hall, and you are there.
The hotel is clean, the staff are professional, quick, and polite. The rooms (at least my room) are not luxurious and grandiosely large, but very comfortable, stylish, and relaxing. Little things like a nice convenient coffee machine, stereo for my iPod, and speakers in the bathroom are all quite nice. The room is extremely quiet. I must not have been a few hundred meters away from the tarmac, but I heard not a single airplane. View from my room was beautiful, bed was comfortable, room was clean.
Only a few small things of note. The beer in the mini fridge sucks, there was a long hair in the shower (pet peeve of mine), and nothing (at all) is included in the price of the room. No breakfast, no internet, nothing. I don't mind that because I can pick and choose my fees and other things, but it could be inconvenient for someone wanting something more comprehensive.
Overall, the convenience is my favorite part of this hotel. I can walk downstairs, into the airport, grab something from Starbucks, have breakfast, hop on the high speed, be at Central in less than half an hour and not leave AC the entire time.
Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: July 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel takes you about 10 years back. No key cards in the elevator, carpets in the room and breakfast coupons printed out!

This is right at causeway bay and the main attraction as the shopping action is next door.

The food at the cafe is good and the lunch buffet offers a decent spread.

Service is just average.

There are specified rates to be paid for early check in / late check out - even when its 30 minutes!

Room Tip: Certain rooms have a reasonable sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RegalHongkongHotelEO, Front Office Manager at Regal Hongkong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for taking the time in writing your comments on July 17, 2014, about Regal Hongkong Hotel services experienced during your recent stay.

We are pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your recent stay with the convenience location. On the other hand, we appreciate you sharing your comments and suggestions about improvement of our hotel facilities.
Please be ensure that your valuable comment would be brought up to our Management concerns as we are upgrading our rooms gradually every year and strive to continuously improve our services.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share and express your comment.
I hope one day we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Regal Hongkong Hotel.

Dick Wong
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed for six days in July 2014 and found the hotel to be very good for many reasons including proximity to the metro and the bed and breakfast package. The bed was firm byt comfortable. The hotel was very clean and welcoming. The pool on the roof is amazing with fabulous views of Causeway Bay district including Hong Kong harbour.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room looking away from the harbour whereas the harbour view rooms would have been bet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JDG288

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Your comments on our services are great compliments and motivations to our working team and we are pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your recent stay with the convenience location, our room and our hotel facility. We wish to assure you that our team has been made aware of your comments and appreciated being recognized for their efforts.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share and express your appreciation.

Dick Wong
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

A four day stay visiting friends and the hotel was a pleasant surprise. A quaint little reception desk with service a little old fashioned and not very quick. Our room with a king bed was of an adequate size with basic amenities and a rather strangely positioned television in the window. No free wifi which these days most modern hotels do provide. The nice thing about this hotel is it's roof too swimming pool which in the early Hong Kong summer is a welcomed means of cooling down. Not a bad place for a few days, easy access to Hong Kong's subway system, the trams, and great restaurants around like Din Tai situated in the same building!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Robert M
RegalHongkongHotelEO, Executive Assistant Manager at Regal Hongkong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Mr. Robert,

Whilst we have shared your positive comments with our team, we strive to continuously improve our services.

However, we regret to learn your comment on our reception and the WIFI service. We have taken note of your overall comment and we are putting in your comment to our senior management for attention as we are upgrading our rooms gradually every year and strive to continuously improve our services.

Please be assure that your valuable comment would be brought up to our Management concerns with further enhancement will be in placed in order to preform higher service standard when we serving our guests.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel is a true 5 stars hotel. It has a beautiful pool, good gym, great breakfast, fast internet (which was very important because my husband was teaching a class online), beautiful room with an a/c that worked perfectly, and great concierge and front desk service. We could not have asked for a better service, even the room service lady was super attentive and helpful. The location is wonderful, with a close station by the hotel. We stayed in four cities during our trip to China and the Regal Hong Kong Hotel was by far the best. It made our stay in Hong Kong great!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for taking the time to comment on our services during your recent stay with us.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great location, friendly & professional service, room is clean, but very disappointed with the quality of club access - the selection of the food & drink / opening time was very limitedNot good value for what you pay for the privilege.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Whilst we have shared your positive comments with concerned colleague and our team, we strive to continuously improve our services.

However, we regret to have learnt your comment about the selection of our Executive lounge. We have taken your feedback very constructively and meanwhile implemented corrective actions to ensure a consistent delivery of our service standards.

Please be ensure that your valuable comment would be brought up to our Management concerns with further enhancement will be in placed in order to preform higher service standard when we serving our guests.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in the executive floor from June 14th to 16th. Except the benefit of good value for money, I also received the excellent service from the front desk of the floor. Not only I got the late check-out at 4:00 pm at the date I left, I was provided with very detailed and useful information regarding the request for the delicious restaurants nearby. The ladies working in the executive counter impressed me a lot with their good patience and attitudes. I have no hesitation in recommending the executive floor of the hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Executive floor would be my first priority.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RegalHongkongHotelEO, Executive Assistant Manager at Regal Hongkong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the services provided by our guest service team at executive club floor. I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for taking the time to comment on our services during your recent stay with us.