“A great deal; needs to attend to customer service.”

Regal Kowloon Hotel
Ranked #97 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I booked a few days before arrival, and paid for an ordinary double room. On arrival, they upgraded me to a corner suite with view of Vitoria Harbour, a huge living room, large bedroom, and marble bathroom with a whirlpool tub. The suite had two flat screens and an espresso machine. A great deal!

The only problem was that when I went to check out, the hotel tried to charge me twice for a single day's Internet (at US $20 per day, which is already outrageous!), and about US $5 for some unspecified items from the minibar, which I hadn't used. The associate eventually removed these charges, but not until after I had flatly told her that I wasn't going to pay them.

Room Tip: From the East end of the building, on the South side, you can see the harbor. From the West end, yo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,254)

Reviewed 2 June 2012

This hotel offered us by far the best price through an internet booking and came in a lot cheaper than most hotels. The main reason is probably because it is located almost in the middle of no where, in saying that it's got plenty of transport around it and from her you can get to anywhere via bus. Nathan Road is probably about a 30 minute business ride. In general the hotel staff are ok, however if you do make a online booking make sure you take a print out, as reception tried to tell me that they were sure that I had made the payment and that I would need to secure it again until they checked if there reservation team her were too busy to be contacted. I refused to make another payment and demanded they called them - after a lot of time wasted standing in the reception area after a 11 hour flight - it was in deed found that yes I had paid for it, as I had stated at the time, I couldn't make a booking with out paying....... Anyway, the rooms are good but not overly sound proof. If you want to wander around the area there are some sights such as the walled park which has a number of traditional buildings. The rest of the area is very much authentic Hong Kong and you will see some sights!! The team at the desk are great at explaining how to get places and if tell you the best way of getting places and will even flag the bus down for you. If you are looking for a place that if priced well and you are traveling in pairs or a group and you don't mind catching a bus to the main drag then you will find this hotel acceptable.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you don't mind being away from the main tourist parts.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Good Location & service, Only 15 minute to famous Avenue of stars.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Caveat: this poor rating is only based on MY room experience...others in my group had much better accommodations! I just happened to get the short end of the stick on this one-I was the ONLY one from my group on this floor, the others were all on the upper floors (10th floor & higher). Nice lobby, convenient location, very nice staff...dirty room! I was allegedly on a "non-smoking" floor but within 1 hour, I was coughing and my chest was tight from the smoke inhalation, I assume due to the fact that my floor was the first "non-smoking" floor and the smoke easily penetrated the floors, walls and hotel ventilation system? Fortunately I had my inhaler with me but the worst part was the fact that my room was filthy. Not just old, but dirty. My room (& the entire floor for that matter) smelled like an old musty ashtray. The tub was stained, the mirrors corroded and it didn't appear that any surfaces in the room had been cleaned since the last customer was there. I immediately went to the lobby to ask for another room but was told they were sold out. They did immediately send staff to clean it up and provide towels, soap, etc. The saving grace was the bed-it was shockingly comfortable, I liked the pillows (except for the old musty ashtray whiff that permeated everything) and, aside from my near constant coughing, I managed to eventually get to sleep. I personally would only come back to this hotel if I were guaranteed a room on a higher floor, otherwise, I would book a room elsewhere.

Room Tip: Request one of the upper non-smoking floors (7th floor +).
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I booked the Regal Club Executive package for my week in Hong Kong and I believe paying a little bit extra was worth it. The package included transfers from and to the airport (very handy for a first time HK visitor), internet in the room, breakfast and access to Regal Club area. The room was spacious and very clean and the bathroom was equally clean but on the smaller side. The staff is generally very helpful and polite, especially Eduardo at breakfast who was remarkably nice and attentive (remembering my name, my usual order, etc) and Christian in the lobby. Breakfast was very good with a good variety and I ordered room service for dinner almost every night; this was also good and affordable and delivered within 20 minutes every time.
The hotel is in a nice area with plenty of restaurants and cafes and a short distance from an MTR station so you can be in central HK within 10 minutes.
As negatives I have to say the broadband as it was very slow and the wifi kept losing signal and you can only connect one device at a time. Also, someone in another room kept smoking in their bathroom and the smell travelled through the air conducts to my bathroom which constantly smelled of smoke. This is obviously not the hotel's fault but some selfish person that continued to smoke in a clearly marked non-smoking floor.
I would certainly recommend this hotel and will stay there again in my next visit to HK

Reviewed 13 May 2012

This hotel was once much nicer, but it no longer lives up to the brand.

My room was small and comfortable, with a room opening onto the square below. But the decor was outdated, the television had a huge lag in changing channels, and the lobby seemed tired. The free breakfast was welcome but nothing special, and the dining room felt like a remodeled basement. But the clincher for me was getting charged for WiFi or internet access. Really? When you spend more than $200 US a night on the room -- not such a good deal.

Frankly, I won't stay there again. Nothing really wrong, but nothing right either.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the square
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I am from US and usually stay at either the Marriott or Hyatt, but I decided to try out the Regal Kowloon this time around. I am glad to tell you that this hotel has upped his game. My room (one bed suite) is clean and has plenty of room. The service staff are all excellent. Breaskfast at the Regal club Lounge is also super. Furthermore, the airport shuttle and wifi are free.
For all my future trips at Kowloon, I will definitly use them again.
My only dislike is that the AC fan is a bit on the loud side but I am a light sleeper.
My next trip (meeting next week) will be at the HK island and I will try their sister facility and hopefully has the same experience.

Room Tip: Spend a few more dollars for the regal club room, is worth it and is still far less than Marriott...