“Regal Kowloon Hotel - just what we needed ....”

Regal Kowloon Hotel
Ranked #97 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Cowra, Australia
“Regal Kowloon Hotel - just what we needed ....”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed there two night last week (Nov 2013). The hotel had been booked by China Odyssey Tours as part of a 15 day tour of China. We caught a train at the airport to Kowloon where a free shuttle bus to the hotel was available. We were given one of the executive suites which was very large and impressive, A corner room which overlooked the harbour (room 1319). Breakfast was part of the deal and there was a wide selection which catered for the vary nationalities that stayed there. We had both our evening meals at the hotel and they were good in content and value.
Free WiFi was available in the lobby - 30 minutes per device each day. Internet was available in your room at a cost - my only negative.
The location made it an easy walk (approx 1km) along the waterfront to the Star ferry terminal. As we only had one full day in the city we choose a hop-on-hop-off Big Bus tour which while pricey (AU$105 for two) does include a return Star ferry trip; the cable-car to Victoria Peak; and a sampan ride as well as three different bus routes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Guest
Appreciate your review and so happy that you enjoyed you stay at our hotel. Very pleased you stayed in house and enjoyed our restaurants, thank you.
We hope to see you in Hong Kong again and that you will choose to stay at Regal Kowloon. May I suggest you next book through Regal Web which will give you some extra benefits including Free Internet.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Christo Diamandopoulos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I am currently staying in the executive room of the Regal Kowloon Hotel from 8 November to 12 November. For the past three days, breakfast at the executive lounge was good but the experience made me and my mum feel like second-class customers there. Staff did not greet us when we entered the lounge,except for the friendly male staff working at the bar. The female staff especially were sort of gossiping among themselves in Cantonese about the customers,as I could understand Cantonese. Female staff at the executive service counter gave appalling service,with hostile stares when I enquire about airport transfer to the Airport on my departure date. What sums up all? - the cold stares we received from the female staff at the lounge when we exited the lounge, in contrast with the warm.greetings given to caucasian guests entering and exiting the lounge,which makes me wonder, is HK still under the British? I certainly would like to see the standards improve,else I will tell my Singapore compatriots to avoid this hotel at all costs. For a start, perhaps Regal could learn from Shangri-la,just across the Mody street.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Zaryline
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for the very candid review of your stay with us. Let me say from the outset that we do not discriminate amongst our guest here at Regal and I can only sincerely apologize that it happened to you. My team will certainly be made aware of this point to improve on our guest relations. On a positive note, I am glad to see the executive lounge and food were good. Again thank you for this valuable critique.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hong Kong.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 November 2013

thumbs up! my family and I enjoyed our stay. Throughout the stay was fantastic. From the frontline staff to the chambermaid especially Ms May; Your staff are very helpful n patience even those at the concierge and tour desk . Am grateful that I was allocated to one of the room at 14th floor. The room was clean and I find that it was big enough for my family. Though the bathtub was choked it was immediately resolved by their staff when I went back to my room after dinner.

Mr GM...the only unpleasant experience I had was the encounter with one of your frontline service staff,Brian; On my last night, I was inquiring if there is any top-up before my check out the next day, He was so unpleasant and so unwillingly to explain about my checkout. The spoiler of your hotel reputation.

But nonetheless...I will be back to your hotel in Dec.

Mrs Peggy Tan

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us in whole. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Ms May and the rest of the team. We encourage guest to take advantage of express check-outs and am sorry this experience was not handled properly by Brian. Needless to say we will bring this to his attention for improvement on guest relations.
We look forward to welcoming you back in December.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I have just spent a few days at this Hotel, we had booked an executive room which gave us access to the executive lounge, therefore we had free breakfast (very good), and happy hour drinks/food in the same lounge (very good).
We were on the 14th floor, the room was very quiet, we had a view over the harbour between 2 buildings. The room wasn't huge, but quite alright, the bathroom always ended up soaked after showering as the sliding door on the bath was very narrow, but good water pressure for the shower and always plenty of hot water.
The staff were lovely and helpful.
The location is good, handy to banks, bars, cafes, public transport too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for the review and we are so happy you enjoyed you stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hong Kong very soon.
Gurgoan
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed in regal kowloon many times in Hongkong. I have stayed in other hotels too of similar range but they were not as comfortable & friendly as Regal. There staff is very co-operative & help to get an early check in which is difficult to get in HK. They have good light in room, good beds & soundproof rooms to get good night sleep. Great food & breakfast. Good location all shops are nearby.

One must try this hotel...

Room Tip: ask for a room with view of Harbour or view of front park so you can enjoy your stay..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review and in particular in expressing your satisfaction of our colleagues and some of our hotel features, it is truly appreciated.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the not too distant future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Booked via internet and received excellent rate at end of last month, for the location in TST East, walking distance to subway stations, I had the room with the view of Victoria Harbour, buffet breakfast included, welcoming and friendly service .... for the price of about CAD$100, what's more can you expect?? Definitely will come back again and recommend to friends!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and of course the enjoyment and value of your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Pleasant hotel in a nice neighbourhood. The reception were friendly and helpful. The hotel was well clean and impressively kept. Staff were very attentive and, surprising, very helpful. They were all able to speak English to varying degrees, but more importantly, they were keen to be of service. Great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CoconutHustle
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts on this review. As you can imagine my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again to the Regal Kowloon Hotel