“Exceptional ”

Regal Kowloon Hotel
Ranked #100 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This is an update to my previous review which I had to delete to update. We did have a bad first day but the management team sure know how to make the rest of 6 nights pleasant. It's nice to know the manager cares about its guest. If only some of it staff had the same passion. This hotel could go long way. We recieved complimentary upgrade to a suite and hotel limo to the airport was great.

The suite was just perfect. Nice and spacious with a gigantic bed. Would definitely recommend it. The limo was most appreciative as it saved us time and getting out the heat. We were also greeted by someone who took care of our bags to the check in. Top notch.

Overall we definitely did enjoy the rest of our stay not just at regal but it sure made us enjoy Hong Kong more.
Many thanks to the management team especially Maureen. She was very nice, helpful and attentive to us.

Highly recommended

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy L
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. We are certainly happy to know the rest of your stay was "exceptional" and we will certainly inform Maureen of her genuine care. We are happy you enjoyed Hong Kong and look forward to our next visit here.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I always travel around the world. Almost 10months of the year.
But, thru my travel history I never met such a good hotelier in my life time.
This hotel Executive Hotel lunge staff named "Sinis Yu"
I never forget her such a good manner.

I surely recommend this hotel and this crew and you will find out another family at this hotel.
When you visit Hong Kong. Do not forget this hotel and her.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great praise of Sinis. We all agree she is one of our Stars here at Regal Kowloon Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times before. It is time to ind somewhere new to rest my head. The rooms are showing significant signs of wear. The room that I was assigned looked like someone brought their cat and let it scratch the heck out of the arm of the couch. I wouldn't even sit on it because of that.
Checked in right after 8 and the staff was rushing to get all of the club goodies put away without even offering me something.
It is sad because I love the location and I love the club benefits, but I am going to look for a new place to call home in Hong Kong.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your last stay. We are sadden to hear your expectation from previous times. Our rooms are always maintained to a high standard and we will certainly investigate why this was not the case in your recent stay. Our club benefits are put on during specified times and you are correct in the fact we finished at 8pm. Needless to say we agree that an offering of a drink should have been forthcoming.
Again thank you for your review and we wish you a great stay when next in Hong Kong wherever you choose it to be.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hong Kong is a noisy city and the hotel is in a rare quit corner of Kowloon.
It' s a western hotel the owner i think is european but the courtesy is chinese.
I suggest the breakfast that is plenty of many kinds of food so everyone can choos what he like without problems.
The lounge is really important and you see the effort to show luxury.
Around there are many restaurants (chinese and not) and I recommand to try one of them, I'm not easy with the food I'm italian but I have to say that the final balance is positive

Room Tip: You must remeber to arrive in the hotel after 12am
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so happy that your stay was a great experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to both Hong Kong and the Regal Kowloon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot. Staying in this hotel is the worst experience I've ever had. The service and staff are worse than a youth hostel. There was no greeting, no smile, no interaction. Even worse, when things happened, there was no apology. And you have to pay for the wifi.
This nightmare started from the very beginning. After C/I, the staff, Elvis, just push a piece of paper to me, and ask me to sign. He didn't explain to us why I should sign and what he passed to me to sign. When I tried to read the content, he rushed me to sign again without explanation. During the night, the air conditioner made huge noise. We phoned the reception next morning. The receptionist didn't say any sorry, just told me to wait and hanged off my phone. I waited for 5 mins, but no one ring me back. I had to phone the reception again and explained all over again. I was promised to have a explanation ASAP. However, after 30 mins, we all finished packing, and C/O process. We hadn't received any reasonable explanation and a sincere apology. No one phoned us, nor approach to us to say sorry. We had to mentioned again at the front desk plus wait for 10 mins, then the lobby manager came. She only repeated what I've told her, and a insincere sorry. She kept saying the air con's technical problems, but avoid talking about their terrible service. What a ridiculous hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sandy T

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your experience. Let me firstly apologize for the way we handled your check-in and the communication process in keeping you informed and rectifying the airconditioning follow up. My team didn't perform to my expectations and obviously not yours. We certainly will be passing on your comments to our team.
Finally, may I recommend when next visiting Hong Kong your avail yourself to a package which includes free wifi.
Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights, it was a quite enjoyable stay. Great view of the victoria harbour from the window. Space and size of room is fair enough, like the design especially the sofa right beside the window. Great place to enjoy the view oh victoria harbour. One thing that I don't really like is just the bathroom which is merely too dark for me and my family, well it's still alright though. Had buffet breakfast, not really sure how much it cost but overall I'm satisfied with the food. Location is not bad, like the ambience in the middle of other fancy hotels, high road but not really crowded, make it enjoyable for me to have a walk until tsim sha tsui mtr station (not really polluted and noisy). Easy to take taxi at anywhere too. Food places around the hotel are fair enough as well. I spotted subway just across the road and I especially like agnes b cafe located at not so far from the hotel. Just a pity the hotel doesn't provide any free wifi. Only free 30 minutes complementary in 24 hour at the lobby or around there. And last, the lobby doesn't provide any coach at all for waiting guests who are mostly tired I believe -to have a seat, and I saw the queue on the front desk is quite long for most of the time, so I guess it'll be better to provide a sofa other than the one at level 2. A good place to stay overall, will prefer to stay in here again if I go to HK just to leisure around next time. Just lazying around at the room, having a great view of victoria harbour, afternoon walk around the hotel and have a good coffee at a cafe nearby, will be perfect

• Stayed: August 2014
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Regal Kowloon. All in all, I see from your review it was a good one and we are very pleased you enjoyed it. May I recommend when next booking your stay with us you do so via the Regal Web whereby you can enjoy free wifi and other benefits at the best available rate.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We (a group of 4) recently spent a very enjoyable holiday in HK; stayed at the Regal where we found the rooms to be spacious and well kept. We found the executive lounge a place where you can relax have coffee tea or snacks as well as pre-evening drinks; the staff ie Kevin, Ben, Vivian etc were all friendly and attentive. The hotel is well located, it's within walking distance to a local train station, a myriad of shops and open air cafes. We tried both the Japanese and American/Italian restaurants in the hotel, no complaints there excellent menu's service.

Looking for a hotel in HK?, I can recommend the Regal Kowloon.

Graham K

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GMREGAL, General Manager at Regal Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure having you with us. Please send our best regards to all and I will also pass on your kind comments to all our team here at Regal Kowloon.