“Great experience”

Regal Riverside Hotel
Ranked #163 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was given a non smoking room on the top level and was impressed by the modern design and also cleanliness. On the last day I forgot my luggage at the back of the taxi and I called the hotel to review the CCTV footage for the plate number. They managed to find out the plate number and I recovered my luggage. Cheers to the staff for going the extra mile!

• Stayed: April 2014
Peter C, General Manager at Regal Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Calvinli88: Thank you very much for staying at Regal Riverside Hotel during your recent visit to Hong Kong. It is our great pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and our services were beyond your expectations. Your compliments are greatly appreciated, all of us at Regal Riverside will continue in our endeavor to maintain the finest standard at all times and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Peter Chiu

Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Two hours to check in! Sent to a stinky smoking room when requested non smoking. Bed like sleeping on concrete, bathroom has mould growing all over rooms very dirty, hair all over drain, left over slippers under bed, carpets not vacuumed, pillows like rocks, toilet didn't flush, no kids meals available, the list could go on and on... Never ever to return to this hotel or a a Regal chain again! Very disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Donna D

Dear Donna D: We were disheartened to learn that you dislike our room furbishing and the room cleanliness was not up to your expectations. Your comments had been shared with our housekeeper who has re-emphasized to the team to pay extra attention on daily room cleaning. However, should you had brought up the incident to us, we will be more than happy to arrange room change and provide appropriate assistance. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience may have caused.

Rest assured that the unpleasant incident is an isolated issue, all of us at Regal Riverside look forward to the opportunity of serving you again soon when we will do our utmost to demonstrate the best of Regal hospitality.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My observations during my 3 night stay in March 2014:
1. Plenty of mainland tourists stay here. They arrive by the busloads and are not familiar with the concept of lining/queueing up for service at the front desk despite there being a very visible queue lane. Fortunately, one of the hotel staff noticed this and promptly directed them to join the queue, instead of just forcing their way to the front desk.
2. This is a very busy hotel!
3. Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms.
4. Decent spread for breakfast but with the amount of people the hotel caters for, I think the breakfast area could be a lot larger.
5. There are some conveniences around the corner from the hotel (pharmacy, 7 Eleven, restaurants)
6. Pretty efficient front office staff.

Overall, it was an ok stay for me. If I had to, I would not mind staying here again if I had business to do around the area. Otherwise, I would definitely choose another location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear TezzMezz: Thank you very much for choosing Regal Riverside Hotel and posting your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to learn that in general you had a pleasant stay with us and our services were to your expectations. Your comment on the breakfast venue is well noted and we will look for possible improvement.

Thank you again for your comment and support, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a very busy hotel be aware of that. Our stay was comfortable as far as the rooms go, very clean and tidy. The staff during the day very accommodating. My beef with this hotel was the treatment I received with my laundry. I got no response when I rang the number required to pick up my laundry so the front desk did this for me, they was a bonus. Same day service? At 12.15am the following morning I was arguing with the front desk about having to pay for my laundry before they would give it to me. Nowhere on their laundry sheet does it state you have to pay for it before you receive it. In fact it stated it would be billed to your room. Still they insisted on payment. The next morning when I asked for a receipt so I would not be billed again, the receptionist told me this should not have happened it should have been billed to my room. There are street laundries close by way cheaper than the hotel. I've used them in Bali without problems and if I'd known they were so close I would have used them for sure. As I said it's a very busy hotel and staff are helpful. It's a shame about the laundry experience but people deserve to know about these things so they don't have the same problems. It's a bit far away from Hong Kong itself but transport is easily accessible and reasonably priced. Would probably try something closer to Hong Kong next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Peter C, General Manager at Regal Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear shizz2527: Thank you very much for choosing Regal Riverside Hotel and sharing your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is our great pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant with us and you are happy with our room furbishing. We are sorry for the confusion on laundry payment, the incident had been reviewed among the concerned departments and necessary action will be taken for appropriate improvement. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

One of the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Staffs are rude and not friendly ( except for just only one that is pretty helpful.. sorry i forgot his name) Stayed there for a total of 4 nights for a room of 4 and yet every time they cleaned up our room, they only fill the toiletries and water bottles as though it's a room for 2.

We reached the hotel at around 5 plus but they told us rooms were not yet available, when the checked in time was 3pm. ( we still got to wait another one hour for the room) , until we decided to make a big fuss because we were so so tired after our flight from Taiwan. And it seem like only when you use English language then will they take you seriously ( maybe i am a little sensitive but that's how i felt. They didnt even give a damn to me when i spoke in chinese)

My check in took FOREVER because the receptionist could not find the deposit check book. And when that poor fellow seek help from his superior, she told him to hurry up and help her with other stuffs instead of helping him to speed up the process of checking in. So we stood there for more than 10 mins, waiting for the poor fellow to find the deposit book. Longest check in i ever waited for.

Worst moment of truth was when I could not enter my own room on the second day. When we were back, we were so furious and frustrated that I went back to the reception counter and asked what exactly went wrong. The staff was not empathy neither was he being helpful. All he said was " it was not my fault" . It was indeed a small problem that all they had to do was to re-checkin the card. But the main issue lies on how the staff actually handle a problem.

After that incident , i wrote a letter to the management and 2 days letter i received a plate of fruits as a form of service recovery i guess. Even though it does prove that they have the capability and heart to serve their guest well , but they just don't have the manpower and right people to do the service delivery.

But i got to say the room was pretty big and spacious though. But definitely not a hotel that i will recommend to anyone because of the service, and also location from MTR.

WIFI SERVICE : WORST OUT OF THE WORST. They only allow 2 devices to use the wifi service in the room. Okay maybe it's because of my room package, but why would any hotel make a restriction on the wifi service? Even the cheapest minsu i stayed in taiwan does not restrict my wifi service, let alone a grand hotel like this. It just really shows how petty they really are.... DISAPPOINTED.

Room Tip: Speak in English and make it clear to them whatever you want, otherwise they would be too busy to en...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank trvler567

Dear CherryTannn: Thank you for staying at Regal Riverside Hotel during your recent visit to Hong Kong. We were disheartened to learn that in some critical areas during your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have shared your valuable comments with all the departments concerned, rest assured that immediate actions will be taken to rectify the shortcomings. We will in the meantime, to reinforce our internal training and ensure our standards are maintained at all times.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience may have caused. We sincerely hope that the unpleasant experience has not marred the overall impression of our hotel. We truly appreciate your straight forward yet very helpful comments which will help us to do better. All of us at Regal Riverside look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed for 4 days in this hotel. On arrival, we were met with a long queue to the front desk of the hotel. Queue line went smoothly and the hotel staff were friendly and courteous towards us. We stayed on the 17 floor but unfortunately we didn't get a great view as our room was tucked at the corner near the emergency exit door.

The room was big for both of us. The bathroom and toilet both works. We requested new towels everyday of our stay and that was done without any hassle. The air condition works and not a problem at all.

There are lots of restaurants around the hotel so you wouldn't have any problems at all about food. Sha Tin is a little further away from Hong Kong island but there are a taxi available but if you take the public bus, the fare only cost us HK$7.30 each for one way. Find out from the hotel staff which bus to take and where it stop and where is pick up point from the city back to the hotel.

Finally, we would definitely come back to this hotel. Amazing staff, beautiful view of lake from our hotel, safe and clean. Highly recommended to all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear TippyLeigh: We are most delighted to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable, and our services and facilities were to your expectations. Your comment on recommending our hotel is greatly appreciated, rest assured that we will always extend our finest service to anyone whom you may recommend. Above all, please do return for another visit yourself. The entire staff and management look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We rented a 4 person room for our family of two adults an three children. The room had two queen size beds, which worked fine, as our youngest child chose to sleep on a futon which we moved down from the huge window sill which doubled as a bench. Although our room was a 4 person room, and we noted in the booking that we were five, the room was only equipped with towels for two. We had to ask for extra each day.

We chose to eat breakfast at a restaurant just around the corner, and at a nearby shopping center, which was a 10 minute walk away. Subway was accessible from the same mall. Buses were available outside the hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trond B

Dear Trond B: Thank you for choosing Regal Riverside Hotel and sharing your constructive comments on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to learn that in general you and your family had a pleasant stay with us. Your comments on the housekeeping service are well noted and our housekeeper will certainly remind his team to be more attentive on replenishing room amenities during daily room make up.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.