“Spacious hotel room which is rarely seen in HK” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regal Riverside Hotel

Regal Riverside Hotel
Ranked #155 of 713 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“Spacious hotel room which is rarely seen in HK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have 2 little kids a family of 4 stayed there for 2 weeks, Regal Riverside hotel met our needs perfectly. Especially thanks Ms Katie Lui for the bedding arrangement that fitted us. Their rooms are super big so my 2 kids never hit the wall as well as plenty of space for shopping trophies. The bus stop right next to the hotel goes all directions including airport so convenient although not next to the MTR. Another incidence our bathtub draining wasn't well then their plumber came to fix it within minutes after informed. It's wonderful! We'll definitely stay there again when going HK. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Regal Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear John C: Thank you very much for staying at Regal Riverside Hotel during your recent visit to Hong Kong. It is our great pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and the room assignment was to your utmost satisfaction. Your compliment on Katie and comment on staying with us again are greatly appreciated, all of us at Regal Riverside look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Peter Chiu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Faversham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a hotel that does the job. Its not overly exciting or amazing but it is clean, the room is big enough and you get a big comfy bed. The shower is a little small, especially for the taller person but it made do for the time we were there. Check in was a little slow but nothing to complain too much about. The view from our room was fab though! It thunder stormed a few times in the night and the lightning with the view of the high rise buildings and the mountains in the background was amazing. The only thing i would make a moan about is the breakfast. It was very bland and boring and most definitely not worth the price we paid for it. Im glad we only ate there once and did not opt in to have breakfast every morning! Its fairly close to the MTR station if you don't mind a little walk or a quick taxi ride there is very cheap too. Overall, not a bad choice for a hotel in HK considering the price you pay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jwong242
Dear jwong242: Thank you very much for choosing Regal Riverside Hotel and sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to learn that in general your stay with us was enjoyable and the room assignment was to your expectations. Your comment on our breakfast varieties will certainly be shared among the concerned personnel and appropriate action will be taken for necessary improvement.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Arrived at 2pm after a 24 hour journey to find no room available - this was sorted by 3pm and was my only problem at the hotel. I chose this hotel as I had to meet a few people in this part of HK - but to be honest I don't think I would use it again as a tourist due to its location. The nearest MTR is some 15 minutes walk away and getting to Central requires three trains. There are plenty of food and beverage outlets on site, but there wasn't really anything to attract me to them. The area around the hotel has some restaurants but not many convenience stores, coffee shops or bars. Did not feel I had value for money, even if the room was a reasonable size. Unlike other hotels in HK, I was not offered any maps or information about the bus routes near the hotel. There were lots of large groups using this hotel with frequent turnover of guests, and maybe due to this, there wasn't really any sense of personal service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Regal Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Paul E: Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. Indeed, we treasure your valuable comments as through them, we learn how to improve ourselves and better cater to our guest needs.

I can fully appreciate the irritation you must have felt for having to wait after a long flight, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Our hotel is easily accessible by public buses to most popular attractions as well as the airport, and related traffic information is available at our Concierge Desk. Perhaps we have to display it at a more eye catching location for guest convenience.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was given a non smoking room on the top level and was impressed by the modern design and also cleanliness. On the last day I forgot my luggage at the back of the taxi and I called the hotel to review the CCTV footage for the plate number. They managed to find out the plate number and I recovered my luggage. Cheers to the staff for going the extra mile!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Calvinli88: Thank you very much for staying at Regal Riverside Hotel during your recent visit to Hong Kong. It is our great pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and our services were beyond your expectations. Your compliments are greatly appreciated, all of us at Regal Riverside will continue in our endeavor to maintain the finest standard at all times and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Two hours to check in! Sent to a stinky smoking room when requested non smoking. Bed like sleeping on concrete, bathroom has mould growing all over rooms very dirty, hair all over drain, left over slippers under bed, carpets not vacuumed, pillows like rocks, toilet didn't flush, no kids meals available, the list could go on and on... Never ever to return to this hotel or a a Regal chain again! Very disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Donna D
Dear Donna D: We were disheartened to learn that you dislike our room furbishing and the room cleanliness was not up to your expectations. Your comments had been shared with our housekeeper who has re-emphasized to the team to pay extra attention on daily room cleaning. However, should you had brought up the incident to us, we will be more than happy to arrange room change and provide appropriate assistance. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience may have caused.

Rest assured that the unpleasant incident is an isolated issue, all of us at Regal Riverside look forward to the opportunity of serving you again soon when we will do our utmost to demonstrate the best of Regal hospitality.

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My observations during my 3 night stay in March 2014:
1. Plenty of mainland tourists stay here. They arrive by the busloads and are not familiar with the concept of lining/queueing up for service at the front desk despite there being a very visible queue lane. Fortunately, one of the hotel staff noticed this and promptly directed them to join the queue, instead of just forcing their way to the front desk.
2. This is a very busy hotel!
3. Clean, comfortable and spacious rooms.
4. Decent spread for breakfast but with the amount of people the hotel caters for, I think the breakfast area could be a lot larger.
5. There are some conveniences around the corner from the hotel (pharmacy, 7 Eleven, restaurants)
6. Pretty efficient front office staff.

Overall, it was an ok stay for me. If I had to, I would not mind staying here again if I had business to do around the area. Otherwise, I would definitely choose another location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear TezzMezz: Thank you very much for choosing Regal Riverside Hotel and posting your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to learn that in general you had a pleasant stay with us and our services were to your expectations. Your comment on the breakfast venue is well noted and we will look for possible improvement.

Thank you again for your comment and support, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Australind, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a very busy hotel be aware of that. Our stay was comfortable as far as the rooms go, very clean and tidy. The staff during the day very accommodating. My beef with this hotel was the treatment I received with my laundry. I got no response when I rang the number required to pick up my laundry so the front desk did this for me, they was a bonus. Same day service? At 12.15am the following morning I was arguing with the front desk about having to pay for my laundry before they would give it to me. Nowhere on their laundry sheet does it state you have to pay for it before you receive it. In fact it stated it would be billed to your room. Still they insisted on payment. The next morning when I asked for a receipt so I would not be billed again, the receptionist told me this should not have happened it should have been billed to my room. There are street laundries close by way cheaper than the hotel. I've used them in Bali without problems and if I'd known they were so close I would have used them for sure. As I said it's a very busy hotel and staff are helpful. It's a shame about the laundry experience but people deserve to know about these things so they don't have the same problems. It's a bit far away from Hong Kong itself but transport is easily accessible and reasonably priced. Would probably try something closer to Hong Kong next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Regal Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear shizz2527: Thank you very much for choosing Regal Riverside Hotel and sharing your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is our great pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant with us and you are happy with our room furbishing. We are sorry for the confusion on laundry payment, the incident had been reviewed among the concerned departments and necessary action will be taken for appropriate improvement. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.