Was here for Christmas in 2013, it was a busy period, so naturally, the service at the reception was a bit bad and we had to wait for 1 hour to check in.
There's a huge deposit to pay during check-in, which we weren't informed of when we were making our reservations.
We reserved a 3 bed but somehow got a room with two beds, and later, a pull out for a third. The rooms are pretty sizable and we got a view of the swimming pool.
Location wise, it's very far from central and the more interesting parts of Hong Kong. But the public transportation system in Hong Kong works pretty beautifully, so, this isn't a real problem. (I do note that taxis would cost you a bomb)
What we truly enjoyed was that, at the end of a long day shopping, we could enjoy ourselves in their complimentary spa, by having a soak in the hot tub or sit in the sauna. They also had a gymroom for those of you who don't want to miss your workout routines.
The area also features alot of great places to eat, so, if you're craving for food, you can walk around the hotel and there would be plenty of restaurants and street food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Shing Mun River in Shatin, Regal Riverside Hotel is only 30-minute drive away from Hong Kong International Airport and is located conveniently near 2 MTR stations and a mega shopping complex featuring over 900 brand boutiques, individually operated shops, dining and entertainment places. The 1,138-room hotel operates routine shuttle services to Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong Disney Land, Ngong Ping 360 and Tsimshatsui East together with other public transports right on the hotel's doorstep, guests can easily connect to all shopping, entertainment and business districts in Hong Kong. Shatin features places of interest such as the 10,000 Buddha Temple, the Hong Kong Heritage Museum and the Jockey Club, a famous world class horse racing arena, Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Science Park. The hotel also features 10 restaurants and bars as well as a wide range of recreational facilities such as the beautiful outdoor swimming pool (closes during winter period), spacious fitness center with sauna, steam, Jacuzzi and beauty services. The hotel's OM Spa, designed in contemporary Thai style and infused with a soothing sense of harmony and serenity, provides professional spa and massage services to discerning guests for nourishing their body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Regal Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regal Riverside Hong Kong
- Hotel Regal Riverside
- Regal Riverside Hotel Hong Kong