“soho”

Ranked #217 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New York City, New York
“soho”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a Superior Room. Size was decent for HK. But we were put on a smoking floor without asking or confirming with us. The toilet wasn't cleaned when we checked-in. Service was mediocre. Front desk gave us wrong directions to Temple Street. Better hotels are available for similar price range.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I booked this hotel for a 2 night stay with 2 friends whilst travelling China. As the only part of our trip where we would stay in a hotel, we were prepared to pay a reasonable amount, and paid £79 each for a 3 bed room.

On arrival, we were impressed with the hotel reception lobby area was very clean and posh! Check in staff were very polite and allowed us to check in and go to our room earlier than scheduled check in. The room was a good size, (although not big), and our advertised '3 bed room' was, in fact, a twin room. The maid rushed in and set up a fold out bed and provided us with extra slippers, shower gels etc, but no spare towels. The maid was also polite and friendly. The beds were comfortable, and the room and bathroom very clean. You couldn't hear any noise from outside, but were able to hear doors slamming and the guest above us walking around. Our room was by the lift so could also hear that 'dinging'. There was also building works going on, and drilling noise is inevitable, but there was a polite note from the hotel with apologies. This wasn't a problem for us, as the hotel was just a place to crash while out all day seeing sights, and there was no noise in the evenings.

The hotel is in a great location. Prat Avenue is full with restaurants and eateries. However, if you are looking for good, authentic Chinese food, you need to travel further afield, as most of the restaurants are very western. It is close to East Tsim Sha Tsui subway, which is ideal, and is within walking distance to a lot of Hong Kong sights. The Hong Kong subway is easy to use and provides great links to all you could want to do. The Hong Kong taxis are also a good price.

As I said, this hotel was booked just as a nice place to sleep after a day out and about in Hong Kong. For this purpose, it was perfect, clean and comfortable. The location was a great bonus. I will definitely book this hotel again on my next visit to Hong Kong, and recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have known this hotel for very long but never thought of staying there. This recent trip to Hong Kong, I decided to try it, after reading the reviews.
I checked in on 22nd March and the front desk staff were very professional. Got a room on the 4th level and was surprised that the room was better than expected. Better than many of the other hotels that I stayed the past few years! The room was not big but decent and clean and cosy enough. I actually slept well that few nights in the hotel!
Location was great! Lots of eating places around the hotel and not far to the subway as well.
My next trip to Hong Kong.....I certainly would like to stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel quite some time ago. It was probably the worst hotel experience in my life thus far!

My HK colleague helped me book this hotel during the exhibition season at a very high price (USD 200+). I wasn't expecting much before I checked in, but it turned out to be worse than I had expected after I checked in. The room was old, dirty, shabby and smelly! And the hotel offered no services at all! Neither the front desk nor the concierge cared about if you had a quality stay! Though the hotel is located not far from downtown Tsim Sha Tsui, I would strongly advise travelers to stay away from it.

It's totally a nightmare! I would never go back again!!

Room Tip: I kind of doubt if they have a good room to offer. Stay away from this hotel if you could!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AllenFunIsland
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a cheap but decent place to stay in kowloon.. my family and I stayed in a standard room for 4 days and 3 nights.. the staff warned us ahead of time that it might be noisy because of an undergoing construction on their 2nd floor.. surprisingly it was very quiet especially during the night.. the staff were very accomodating and the check in and check out procedures were fast.. it also has a good location.. a 5 minute walk from tsim sha tsui mtr station.. very near with mcdonals, 7-11 and other convenience stores.. lots of stores to shop also..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank arvie-milag
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We highly recommend this hotel and the location was perfect. We stayed on the executive floors, which are on the higher floors, so we didn’t get the noise of the lower floors. Our room was very quite and very clean. The hotel location is great and walking distance to everything. All the tours pick you up and drop you off at this location as well. Taxis are plentiful and the staff will assist you with anything you request. The breakfast is really awesome and has a Chinese and western touch to it. Save some money at all the other over priced hotels and book this one, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book an executive room and request a high floor as you will not get street noise. Hong Kong comes al...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business