We were lucky enough to enjoy four nights at this wonderful hotel in a Harbourview Room.
The view was absolutely amazing and I could have spent hours gazing out of the massive curtained glass windows. The views across to Hong Kong island are sensational.
The hotel has thoughtfully placed a large comfortable chair with additional footrest next to the window and once you sit down it is hard to tear yourself away from the glorious view across the water.
The room we had was massive by Hong Kong standards and we loved the large desk carefully placed looking out towards Hong Kong Island. I could have spent a long time sitting at that desk but Hong Kong is very time consuming and we weren't able to spend as much time in the room as we would have liked.
The bed was massive and very comfortable.
The bathroom was well equipped with goodies, shampoos etc and had a bath and huge freestanding separate shower cubicle. It was very easy to dry clothes in this bathroom. This is always a very important consideration when I am staying in Hotels. I do wish hotels would consider putting two hooks on the back of the bathroom door. These hotels are used primarily by single businessmen I imagine but it is very frustrating when there are two people fighting over one hook for the large bath towel.
This hotel is very well placed. There are walkways in front, with lots of people running and generally keeping fit. Lots of benches for you to rest a while too.
We found lots of restaurants in the vicinity. There is a Mc Donalds within walking distance, a lovely German Bread and pastries shop called 'Das Gute' and a cheaper restaurant doing 'rice type' typical chinese meals opposite the cruise ship in the middle of the town. Yes there is a cruise ship right in the centre ! At the back of the ship there is an entrance into the shopping centre inside it. We missed this for the first two days !!! There is a very good supermarket in the basement for anything you have forgotten or for snacks etc.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel which offers the most stunning views.
If you want a great 360 panorama view of Hong Kong go up to the roof top where they have the infinity swimming pool. You can also see the Laser Fireworks in the distance at night time.
You access the roof via the Sports Spa in the Hotel. The laser show started at 8pm while we were there. Best viewed from the Kowloon waterfront near the Star Ferry.
We had a few hours wait for transport while we were leaving the hotel and sat upstairs in the very quiet lounge. There is a great big sweeping marble staircase with a massive crystal chandelier and we were lucky enough to see a young couple having their wedding photographs taken on these stairs.
The hotel is slightly further away than some of the Kowloon hotels but getting a taxi was always easy and very cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour Grand Kowloon is a deluxe five-star hotel situated on the Victoria Harbour waterfront and in the heart of the vibrant Whampoa Shopping district with over 300 local shops. The Hotel is just a few steps from MTR Whampoa Station, Exit D2 (scheduled to open on October 23, 2016) travelling to major tourist destinations such as Temple Street at Jordan and Ladies Market at Mong Kok, and eight minutes away from the bustling Tsimshatsui by Hotel shuttle bus available every 20 minutes. The ferry to North point is just footsteps away where all local attractions and entertainment on Hong Kong Island are within reach. With most of the hotel’s public area enjoying the spectacular harbour views, hotel features 555 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, six restaurants, certified Halal food available (advance order is required), a rooftop glass-framed swimming pool, a deluxe fitness centre with fully equipped gym facilities available 24 hours daily; sauna, steam bath and spa services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Harbour Grand Kowloon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Harbour Plaza
- Harbour Plaza Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Grand Kowloon Hong Kong