Highly recommend this hotel: reasonably-sized rooms (for HK standards!), well sound-proofed (can't hear neighbours, the corridor or outside traffic), and very clean. Great location - might seem far from the tourist hotspots of Causeway Bay and Kowloon, but it is a 5min walk to the Quarry Bay MTR station, which can get you into the midst of the hubbub of HK island in 10mins and over to Kowloon in 15-20mins. If you want to be close to the action but not have crowds of people at your doorstep, this place is ideal. The tram stops right outside the hotel, as do buses if you know where you're going! The hotel does offer a free shuttle service across both directions on HK island, but we didn't utilise it as the MTR is just too close and convenient!
The service is close to faultless - very professional and friendly staff. Even when we ran into a major problem with the room when we checked in, it was immediately rectified and very professionally handled by the customer service manager. Only slight downside would be the lack of local food places nearby (North Point is far busier and thus foodier), but with a Wellcome supermarket across the road and the MTR/tram so close it's not a major hassle.
Look out for good deals on rooms on various websites - the prices seem to vary so do shop around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location:Conveniently located in the Eastern District of Hong Kong Island, Harbour Plaza North Point is just one minute walking distance to Quarry Bay MTR Station (Exit C). We also provide quick access to the renowned shopping centre “Cityplaza” in Taikoo Shing area, Causeway Bay, Wan Chai, Central and Airport Express Hong Kong Station by hotel complimentary shuttle bus service and other tourist attractions such as The Peak, Ngong Ping 360 as well as Hong Kong Disneyland by subway. Accommodation:Harbour Plaza North Point has 669 tastefully designed guest rooms and serviced suites. While most boast views of the eastern side of Victoria Harbour, all are equipped with in room broadband service, ensuring maximum guest comfort for both short and long term visitors. Rooms are categorized into City view, Hill view and Harbour view with choices on Superior, Deluxe, Studio and Harbour Club Floor. For whom commands more spacious accommodation, One-bedroom Suite and Two-bedroom Suite are also available.Restaurants:Savor delectable Chinese cuisine from our famous Hoi Yat Heen or sample the bountiful international menu and buffets at Greens Café. Sit back and relax in cozy environment to enjoy drinks at The Point. Enjoy a quick and light snacks at Java Mama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Harbour Plaza North Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza North Point Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza North Point Hong Kong