“Hard Bed”

Harbour Plaza North Point
Ranked #115 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This has to be the hardest hotel bed I have ever slept in, like sleeping on the floor...everything else o.k....easy check-in with friendly staff...clean room, great shower,quiet,good breakfast..but didn't sleep ...MTR just across the road...easy to get to Disney...don't need a tour.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed here 3 years running because my client in HK books me here. Its a bit tired and I dont really rate the food here - the breakfasts are average and I would never get room service after the first time. The problem is there are no good restaurants in the vicinity. It is however located near the MRT. The rooms are clean and adequate but are probably in need of a freshening up of colour and decor. On 2 trips I have been awoken in the night by hotel staff wanting to give me a parcel or check something in the room. So defiintely always hang the DND sign. I would not choose to stay here if I was paying the bill. I am surprised at the price per night showing on Trip Adviser compard to wht I expect are newer and more luxurious hotels.

Room Tip: Doesn't make much difference in my experience
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel over two occasions and have had chance to get room once facing the hill and the next time facing the harbour. The Harbour view was really great!

It is one of the best hotels and a great value for money! Internet comes for a charge, so does other utilities if you require.

It is located smartly right outside MTR subway station. Excellent option to stay at a decent price!

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbor View Room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel was clean, staff were helpful but not particularly friendly and the service was precision. The weather was very unforgiving with rain, rain and more rain and for me it was cold. The room was good with great wheelchair accessibility all round but the noisy nighttime guests prevented a full nights sleep. As with mainland China, language was a barrier that marred my attempt at full enjoyment. I found breakfast ok but the buffet meal overpriced for what was on offer. I would say step outside and journey down the main road. Subway, McDonald's and Starbucks just outside not to mention some lovely Thai and Chinese restaurants. Because of weather conditions and not much on offer with wheels for feet, the journey was not greatly eventful. It was ok.

Room Tip: Sorry your adventure on this one
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nannah M
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and was pleased with the room, the service and the location. My room was on the 33rd floor and I had, what would best be called a "restricted view" of the harbour. The hotel offers comfortable accommodation and the staff are friendly

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are better as the hotel overlooks a dual carriageway. If it's your fist time in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had to travel to Hong Kong to attend a single day's workshop. As the workshop was being held in the Harbour Plaza hotel and I had a flight to take immediately post the workshop, it made most sense to stay in the same hotel.

First, the location. It is not optimal but it worked for me. One of our offices I needed to visit was right next door. This was useful as the day turned out to be a very rainy one.

There is a Starbucks across the street. While the hotel has a coffee outlet, be warned that it is as expensive as Starbucks and in my opinion, not as good. There is also a Jason's Marketplace (grocery store) across the street and you can pick up essentials out there.

The lobby of the hotel is 1 level up from the entrance. The lobby looks like it is stuck in the 70's complete with a small singer's corner.

My check-in process was very smooth and I did not have to wait at all. I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite.

Since the room was a suite, it was fairly spacious by Hong Kong standards. There was a living area and a separate dining area. Off to one side was a small kitchen with a microwave and a refrigerator. The bedroom was towards the end and on the opposite side was the bathroom. In all, the space was fairly decent. The room looked a bit dark and gloomy. It wasn't because of the rain but primarily due to the type of lighting. The bathroom is tiny and does not have a bath.

While the room looked dated, everything was spic and span and well maintained.

There is high speed Internet and wifi in the room and I believe the wifi was limited to the suites. I was fortunate that my rate included Internet. I personally found the speed on the wired and wifi connection to be adequate.

I was able to use the function room as we had our workshop there. The room we were using was small and had all the necessary equipment.

Lunch was served in the restaurant upstairs and to be honest, I found the food to be below average. I saved my appetite for a bite at the airport.

I found the service to be swift and efficient and with a smile. This was across all contact points, from the doorman to the concierge, desk staff and house keeping.

I also noted that the complimentary Airport Express shuttle bus to Central station was available.

Overall, a decent pitstop for a day's trip. I do feel though that if I had stayed in a regular room, I probably wouldn't have had the same view.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adesitraveller
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights prior to a cruise,nice hotel,clean,spacious.The one drawback is the location,although you are situated dead opposite the quarry bank station,this is still quite a walk to things like restaurants/places to eat.I suppose you can always fall back on Starbucks,or McDonalds,but that's hardly the best option.Breakfast here is OK,but like many hotels the aircon ruins many dining rooms,i.e,your food is cold before you have a chance to eat it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends