“Spacious and reasonably value for money”

Harbour Plaza North Point
Ranked #115 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel from May 9-12 and I did find my stay to be quite a pleasant one. The room is spacious for its price and importantly, it is clean and well equipped with basic needs. It was part leisure and working trip for me and I did find the nearby Quarry Bay MTR Station (about 50m walk) to be very convenient as it connects me to the rest of Hong Kong. Its relatively less busy area of HK and therefore you will find it to be quite a comfort when walking towards to the hotel at the end of the day.

Opposite the hotel there is a Starbuck, Mc Donalds as well as Pizza Hut. So if you want to have a cup of good coffee or latte or something light as snack, its pretty convenient too.

Overall, its a value for money hotel and I do not mind coming back here in my next trip in Hong Kong

Room Tip: Try getting higher floors as the views are great.
1  Thank Bluemountainsage
Write a ReviewReviews (1,527)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was surprised with a cost for the internet ($130 HK for 24 hours & 2 machines). However, there is a Starbuck's right across the street if you must connect. There is also a market next to the Starbuck's for snacks and water.

We had hoped the beds would have some softness, but no, hard typical Chinese mattresses.

Nice restaurant but the dinner buffet seemed a bit pricey so we ordered from the menu. The included breakfast buffet was nice, had western choices in addition to the fresh cooked egg station, and there was some daily variety.

If you want to be able to watch the harbor night time light show, you need to get higher than the 6th floor we were on and ask for the northwest side of the hotel. We did have a corner room which gave us some extra space and we could see the harbor but only through the maze of existing buildings.

The bathroom was fine with plenty of hot water. Watch where you point the shower head! I failed to notice that there was not a seal around the door and ended up with water all over the bathroom floor.

The location is great because the tram is right outside the door and the Quarry Bay MTR station is across the street.

Room Tip: Northwest end and as high a floor as possible (6th not high enough) if you want a good harbor view f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

With my spouse, we spent 5 nights in this nice hotel which is very accessible to many parts of
HongKong island as she is located opposite Quarry Bay MTR station and tram service is right
in front of hotel's doorstep. Many eateries around hotel provided our breakfast needs and a supermart providing foodstuff lies in front of us.
Room is fairly spacious and comes complete with all bath amenities. Also provide free of charge
are hot beverages selection which one can have a hot cuppa without getting room service's help.
Beds are comfortable with 2 types of pillows.
Unlike most hotels in HongKong, we did not have to wait long for lifts to reach our high floor as
during our stay, the hotel was nearly full due to a sports event there.
Shuttle services to Central and TaiKoo were available thus redcing costs in moving around.
We fully enjoyed our vacation here but with only 1 dislike - ie. hotel is adjacent to HongKong
Funeral Parlour. This had never been highlighted in all hotels' booking website.
We found the staff especially housekeepers to be helpful and friendly so we will consider coming
baxk when we next visit HK.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a some sea views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank suyt
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Average hotel. Rooms are clean but somehow old and not very spacious. Have to pay extra for internet. The breakfast is quite simple and definitely too expensive.
Location is very central but depending on your room could be noisy (tram).

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This has to be the hardest hotel bed I have ever slept in, like sleeping on the floor...everything else o.k....easy check-in with friendly staff...clean room, great shower,quiet,good breakfast..but didn't sleep ...MTR just across the road...easy to get to Disney...don't need a tour.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have stayed here 3 years running because my client in HK books me here. Its a bit tired and I dont really rate the food here - the breakfasts are average and I would never get room service after the first time. The problem is there are no good restaurants in the vicinity. It is however located near the MRT. The rooms are clean and adequate but are probably in need of a freshening up of colour and decor. On 2 trips I have been awoken in the night by hotel staff wanting to give me a parcel or check something in the room. So defiintely always hang the DND sign. I would not choose to stay here if I was paying the bill. I am surprised at the price per night showing on Trip Adviser compard to wht I expect are newer and more luxurious hotels.

Room Tip: Doesn't make much difference in my experience
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel over two occasions and have had chance to get room once facing the hill and the next time facing the harbour. The Harbour view was really great!

It is one of the best hotels and a great value for money! Internet comes for a charge, so does other utilities if you require.

It is located smartly right outside MTR subway station. Excellent option to stay at a decent price!

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbor View Room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business