“Good location but small ”
Review of The Kowloon Hotel

The Kowloon Hotel
Ranked #141 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location but small ”
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

I think like most of the other reviews, the Kowloon hotel is strategically located in a hub of shopping centres and eateries. It is also situated right next to a train station making it convenient to access the rest of the suburbs as well. Staff are generally friendly and efficient. The room is a tad small with little space to put our single cargo bag but otherwise relatively comfortable with near floor to ceiling windows. I would come back here in a punch for a holiday but not for business trips.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2012

very very very small room but good location. Was cleaned everyday to a high standard and the breakfast was good but i defo think there are better 4 star hotels in Hong Kong. This would be an excellent choice for 1 night as a stop over but i think you would get fed up with the no bedroom space after that.

Room Tip: i think they are all pretty small
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
KowloonHotelMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you very much for staying at The Kowloon Hotel.
It is our pleasure to serve you and we wish you have a delightful stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 May 2012

most people have 2 or 3 wireless devices such as laptop, iPad and iphone, it doens't make sense that charge 2x internet fee for two devices. you can provide 2 wireless devices per user account.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for staying at The Kowloon Hotel and sharing your experience with us.
Your comments are valuable and we have reviewed it genuinely with concerned departments for improvements.
We hope your stay here was a delightful one and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed at the Kowloon Hotel for 4 night, 5 days (on the 12th floor in a Harbour View room) at the end of my trip down from the North to the South of China. The Kowloon Hotel was supposed to be the ultimate, how bitterly disappointed I was. Although the location was very good you are at the rear of the very grand and beautiful Peninsula hotel, they have a lot of deliveries.
The room…. you get 2 complimentary bottles of water then you are on your own. The bedroom is tiny for 2 people. (Their photos are misleading), there is no room for luggage, a harbour view room is a couple of inches of water, you can’t tell its a harbour. The wardrobe is only 15" wide and yes, I did measure it. Although it stated a double room, you would presume that it means there is room for 2 when it actually means its a double bed. There are only 2 drawers and these are in the bedside table, you have to leave your luggage up on end and use them. The cleaning of the room - they missed a dirty glass which was left for 3 days and I found the bath to be grimy. Be careful when coming out of the shower as the water is slow to go down and you could easily slip....The rooms also has an adjoining door , the couple next door had coughs, lets just say I felt their pain!!!
Check in was rushed and impersonal, I asked to upgrade to a room with more room and was told flatly no (I wasnt after a freebie) - no reason was given. As I had already paid for the room, I had no choice but to stay there. I asked if I could have internet in my room and yes I could for 130 HKD for 24 hours straight, however, I was also told that if I came off the internet then I would have to start a fresh 130HKD, the internet is free in the harbour anyway, this meant that you could not put your ipad/laptop in the safe..
The cafe, which is not a restaurant, was rushed, from the paper serviettes to the paper place mats everything is disposable, even the customers, its not a relaxing environment.
We were told we had to checkout at 12 noon even though our flight was not until Midnight, we asked if there was a room where we could shower (its 34 degrees and humid at night and your clothes just stick to you, a shower is vital before a 12 hour 30 minute flight), I was told that this was not an option and that I could use the YMCA for 15HKD...this just about sums it up.
I opted to use the toilets for a quick wash and spoke to an Australian lady who told me that friends of hers had had a late check out - this was not available to us!!! Perhaps they should all sing from the same hymn sheet.
Its a shame really, I spent a fortune on this trip and will not remember how wonderful Hong Kong was but will remember how bad the Kowloon Hotel is. This was supposed to be a four star hotel, I have no idea how they got this rating.

Room Tip: To be honest I couldnt give a tip as I didnt get to see a larger room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sandra A
KowloonHotelMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Thank you for staying at The Kowloon Hotel and taking the time to share your experience with us.
We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are valuable to us and we have reviewed it wholeheartedly with concerned departments for improvement and enhancement.
We sincerely hope that you will not judge us by this single experience and looking forward to having another opportunity to restore your faith with us.

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed at the Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong for 10 days, with my cousin, we had a twin room which we found really good, as you only spend sleep time at hotels the quality of the bed is important, we found them very comfortable, room service was good, and the cafe had enough if you just needed a light snack, the hotel is situated in a great location on the car of Middle and Nathon Rd, with a short walk to the star ferry area and good eating areas, eg Starbucks on the corner, an Indian restaurant is close by and not expensive, had no problem with staff at all, would I stay there again without a doubt, can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I think any room should be fine, I was in a twin room and all was good.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Sas2744
KowloonHotelMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thanks so much for staying at The Kowloon Hotel.
It is our pleasure to serve you and hope your time with us was an enjoyable experience.
Looking forward to your next visit and we would be delighted to serve you soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The room size is just too smal for 2 adults to manipulate around the room. No even enough room to open up 2 luggages.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FQTraveller2
Thank you for staying at The Kowloon Hotel.
We value your feedback and would review it wholeheartedly.
Sincerely looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Buffet breakfast fantastic. Worth getting up in the morning for. Hot and cold buffet I personally loved the egg bar and had an omelette made for me every day with a variety of fillings. The pancake machine is also worth leaving room for with this you make your own (press a button) and then add your own fillings.service very efficient. the coffee bar in the foyer is worth having a coffee and cake in too

Room Tip: We had a Harbour View room not a huge view of the harbour but it is quiet and also fun to watch the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Timmy023
KowloonHotelMgmt, Public Relations Manager at The Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you very much for staying at The Kowloon Hotel.
It is our pleasure to serve you and we hope your time with us was a pleasant experience.
We would be honored if we could be of service to you on your next visit