“Service quite good, room & location OK, gym & food disappointing”

The Langham, Hong Kong
Ranked #13 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Madrid, Spain
“Service quite good, room & location OK, gym & food disappointing”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on business. I appreciated the personal attention with attendants recalling your name and preferences at breakfast. When the room wasn't cleaned by 5pm it was looked after quickly. The location and room were OK, forget having nice views like you do in some of the rooms in other places. I was not that happy with the gym, relatively small and quite run downn. The michelin restaurant was rather disappointing and I hope it was just an off day as the food wasn't even close to some better restaurant in the main land.

Room Tip: Ask if they have anything with a room, my small window looked directly into a next building :(
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I found this hotel off the net, I had no idea I would enter an enchanting world. The flowers/roses and scents throughout the hotel are amazing, The service is genuine and there is nothing they won't do. I was sitting in the lounge with a laptop and feel a bit overheated. They turned up with a fan to plug into my USB drive to have a nice breeze on me. Its unbelievable, I am actually depressed to leave and even after I went to the Penisular, it was cold, let me be blunt 'crap' service and I just wanted to come home. I have stayed in all sorts of hotels and some of the best 6 stars and this beats those of Dubai that I have stayed in as a business traveller. I can't wait to return on my next visit and I have something to look forward to. it's also affordable!! Food incredible weather you want a burger or gourmet meal. From restaurant to room, I can't say enough. A must visit on the bucket list.

Room Tip: Any room if you have to queue up till a room becomes available. they are all fabulous.
1 Thank mtc888
Queensland
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel in April for one night prior to a cruise. At the airport my transfer was not present when I completed arrival formalities and I was directed to the Langham counter. The welcome there was an indicator of the efficiency which I was to encounter during my stay at this hotel. A bottle of water and a refresher towel were provided immediately and steps were taken to locate my transfer vehicle (not provided by the Langham).
On arrival at the hotel the check in was painless and very efficient as was the check out when I left. My luggage was taken straight to my room by the porters. There was no shortage of staff and no waiting.
I had a room on the 11th. floor. The room was well appointed with good quality furnishings. The bed was king size and very comfortable. The bathroom had a shower and a bath. The water pressure was excellent and the supplied toiletries were more than adequate.
I had breakfast in the hotel dining room situated to the left of reception. The selection of food was good and included western and asian dishes. I would recommend getting breakfast included when booking the hotel as my only criticism is the price of the breakfast.

All in all I fully enjoyed my stay at the Langham and have no reservation in recommending this hotel to other travellers. I will certainly stay there again on my next visit to Hong Kong.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This trip was to celebrate my parents 60th wedding anniversary in Hong Kong where they met, fell in love and married in a time when interracial marriages were not acceptable, so a very important trip for them and myself.

When I travel I would say I am a very discerning consumer, focussed on comfort, location and service. I stay at what the travel sites say are the 5 star luxury accommodations, and often find myself trying to figure out how they came to that conclusion and frequently feel let down or disappointed and as I spend a good 3rd of my year in hotel rooms this is not a good feeling to have!
The Langham Hotel have exceeded and more than that surpassed my expectations in every way !

Overall first Impressions
Concierge and Porter, extremely helpful and knowledgeable, genuinely warm and friendly
Reception staff were efficient, smiled, sincere and customer focussed.
Entrance to the hotel is very luxurious and feels like a modern day version of the once grander hotels in London.
The theme/branding throughout the hotel is consistent and effective starting at the front desk with their signature pink pens with gold accents !.

Our rooms
We had one bedroom suite rooms, giving access to The Langham Club ( I am already a member of the 1865 club) which serves breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks and canapés in what can only be described as a decadent hideaway surrounded in stunningly luxuriant upholstery with a modern twist of colours.
The suites had both a living room and bedroom. The living room was equipped with surround sound system and Dvd player with an house lending library. The furnishings were not contemporary more traditional cohesive with their "enchanting" branding.
The bathroom had separate shower cubicle which was very large and a huge corner spa bath, with the thoughtful addition of a pillow for making you even more comfortable while lounging in the tub !
Now ladies, I know you will be happy to learn that bathroom amenities box was filled with the most charming and luxurious shampoos , and accessories including loofah, bath salts, sewing kit, razor kit, dental kit and the other normal items you would expect to find. All again with the Langham PInk & Gold branding on all the boxes !

The bed was super comfortable and the pillows were wonderful. Turn-down service was superb where they replenished any bathroom items, added complimentary water bottles and a deliciously tasty truffle treat was left in the signature pink box on your pillow!

The location is right in the heart of the Kowloon shopping areas with plenty to choose from all around, easy to get to and easy to get around.

We had limo service from the airport provided by the hotel and when we arrived we were already checked in, greeted by Crystal curbside and whisked to our rooms. OUTSTANDING SERVICE.

All I can say is that the Langham has set the new bar for me restored faith in service and detail orientated branding. Watch out watch out watch out !

IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO STAY HERE DO IT ! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT

Room Tip: HIgher up and facing the quieter side of the road to avoid road noise as Hong Kong rarely sleeps...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tbuzzi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I've been a regular traveller to Hong Kong now for more than twenty years however it wasn't until a year ago I hanged companies and started using The Langham as it was the new companies preferred choice of 'corporate hotel' for HK. From the very first visit I was impressed, how could you not be when you walk into the grand lobby & reception area. Upon arriving at my room for the first time, again I was pleasantly surprised just how well equipped and spacious it was, ideal for both the business traveller or tourist alike. The bed was extremely comfortable, very important when you've stepped off a 12 hour flight and the bathroom was well equipped, spacious and inviting with a choice of both separate shower enclosure or bath. However having travelled so much, I'm well aware that its the people that often make the hotel and everyone I've every encountered here over the last twelve months of regular visits has been of the very very highest calibre...........Food, the choice of restaurants is second to none, you have the famous L'Eclispe buffet where Western, Chinese and Asian cuisine meets and creates a unforgettable dining experience or if your looking for a more traditional dining experience for a special occasion or to have a quite meal whilst discussing business the Bostonian offers so of the best steak and seafood in Hong Kong. Finally, the location is perfect, close to the MTR which offers one of the most effective ways of travelling across the whole of Hong Kong, or for the tourist take a simple three or four minute walk and board the Star Ferry to Central. Located amongst some of Hong Kong's finest shopping, a stones throw from Natham Road or Canton Road, home of the biggest designer names of for those who prefer, you have Harbour City, again on Canton Road which is one of the best indoor shopping malls anyone could wish for!
The Langham...........would I recommend it.............yes, the only problem being............you'll not want to leave!

4 Thank maxcottis
Nelson
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Loved the Langham. From the lobby to the rooms, it all felt very opulent! The staff were always polite, pleasant and helpful, and as expected, the rooms had very comfortable beds.

Once we figured out how convenient and efficent the MTR was, we decided we had made the right decision location wise. Very easy getting across to Hong Kong Island/Wan Chai from TST station and the Macau ferry was also close-by. We enjoyed the shopping around Peking Road as well, plus there's a really, really good bakery in the i Square if you feel like getting out and about for a stroll and something to eat. It's called Panash bakery - on the 3rd floor.

At the hotel, we particuarly enjoyed eating in the Main Street Deli. The food was very retro (as is the decor) and it's quite laid back, although the service was still outstanding.

We had no complaints about the langham at all, highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheCameleer
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I travel between shanghai and Hong Kong for business and when i arrive in Hong Kong i always look forward to staying at the Langham. It's location, staff, facilities all make for a great trip. From the pool roof, to the breakfast in the lounge they ensure your stay runs totally smoothly. The rooms are well thought out with good A/C which is needed in HK.

Its location is also good with easy access to the metro, ferries, shopping and bars.

I will continue to stay at the Langham when visiting HK as no hotel matches it and i should know as i have stayed at a lot of them.

Only negative would be I have to leave and go home instead of staying longer. I hope you enjoy the hotel as much as i do.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business