“My home in Hong Kong”

Ranked #13 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Zurich, Switzerland
“My home in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

For many years I'm guest at The LANGHAM Hotel TST Hong Kong.

Visiting Asia it became my base. The hotel provides all I need during my business
stop-overs.

The Langham became my Asian home! Traveling back and forth from and to Hong Kong,
I tried many hotels but learned this one is ideal for me.
Located on Peking Rd. it is the perfect spot to run around Kowloon.
At the club floor I get everything I need. Nice staff especially at the club floor reception
helps me to find all I need!

For sure a Hotel I can recommend to all businessmen who prefer a normal size hotel
with great food in all the restaurants!

Room Tip: Any club floor rooms especially the junior corner suites, are a perfect choice!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John A
LanghamHongKong_mc02, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear John A,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong. Thanks so much for the generous review.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us – we hope you had a great time at The Langham, Hong Kong.

Comments like yours truly inspire us to work harder every day striving for excellence in everything we do.

In addition, we would like to add that we’ll be launching a new line of bathroom amenities at the end of this year, custom-designed by a famous parfumier from Italy. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the very near future.

dean.dimitriou@langhamhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at The Langham Hong Kong on our way back from Europe. Unfortunately we'd stayed at another Hong Kong hotel on our way to Europe (Hotel Icon) and had a fantastic experience, so that clouded our experience of The Langham.
The Langham is luxurious, all marble and dimmed lights in the foyer, and the rooms were beautifully appointed. The beds were incredibly comfortable, clean, and the bathrooms were lovely. The view was dismal - just other apartment blocks - and the rooms were quite noisy even though we were 6 floors up. The rooms were serviced daily but things (like bath salts) were not replaced, and only 3 varieties of standard teabags (2 of each and none herbal) were supplied. Considering the abundance of beautiful teas in China/Hong Kong that was a bit disappointing. We stayed in Club rooms, so had access to the Club Lounge on the 11th floor. The lounge was nice but it was made up of rooms that were very low ceilinged so felt a bit oppressive. The food offered for afternoon tea and canapés was ok, nothing fantastic. The pool was small so we were lucky that we only had to share it with one or two others. Breakfast in the restaurant was a standard buffet - the usual cooked and continental offerings - with some Asian offerings as well. I think they would also cook noodles and pancakes to order, but there were no signs offering those things. The location was fine - across the road from a huge luxury mall, and just a wee walk to the Star Ferry and Ocean Terminal. We've stayed in Langham hotels before and while this was a similar standard it was lacking the little extras that make it a proper luxury experience. Nothing bad or essentially wrong - it just didn't live up to our expectations. And as I said at the beginning the Hotel Icon far outclassed The Langham.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
DeanDimtriou, Manager at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Mr./Ms. “AJCJTRAVEL”,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that your lobby arrival experience and our signature Blissful Beds had a lasting memory on your stay with us. I am however concerned to learn of your comments in regards to the view and noise that hindered you enjoying the entirety of your room experience. Also disappointed to hear that our Langham Club and minibar offerings fell short of your expectations and that you felt the hotel lacked that overall luxury touch.

We endeavour to ensure we exceed every guests expectation by offering a bespoke level of service alongside a luxury product; both aimed to build great memories for our guests, and I am disappointed to hear we failed to do so in your case. I see the in meeting your expectations laid at our shortfall in gathering detailed enough preferences prior to your arrival to ensure we tailored your stay accordingly. I would be most greatful if you could make contact with myself directly to ensure we are able to note your room allocation, minibar amenities and food and beverage preferences; as well as enable me to express my sincere apologies directly with you.

Mr./Ms. “AJCJTRAVEL”, we are most grateful to you for bringing these matters to our attention as it is only through positive and constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to constantly monitor and improve our hotel operation more closely.

Thank you again for your transparent feedback and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dean.Dimitriou@langhamhotels.com
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked a non-smoking king room, but when I arrived I was 'upgraded' to a smoking twin room. The twin offering I could live with, the smoking part wasn't mentioned at check in but was apparent the second I entered the room. Handled ok by the staff member assisting me, but he also tried to blame me because they did not know my 'preferences'. I have never stayed at a Langham before so I thought this was a silly comment, plus I had booked a non-smoking room.

I will say, the beds are very comfortable and the pillows are great.

The gym is small, has no view and the cardio equipment faces a wall. The cardio TV didn't work on some machines and all the machines are programmed to non-metric, which seems odd for a hotel chain which is not American.

The 'hot' dishes at breakfast were mainly tepid or just cold. At least the espresso was good and I was offered a second one.

For the price, there are are much better options in Hong Kong.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gisabel69
Dear Isabel,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong.

I hope you had a delightful trip back to Melbourne.

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your feedback in relation to your experience with us. I would very much like to gather further details into your experience with us. The nature of your feedback is evidently very concerning to us, and I would like to personally discuss this matter further with you in order to gain further clarification on the shortfalls you highlighted. We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests’ expectations through an exceptional product, customer service and food and beverage offerings; and I sincerely apologise we have obviously not achieved this during your stay.

I have noted my contact details below and I would be delighted to hear from you to discuss this further.

Dean.Dimitriou@langhamhotels.com
western australia.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

From the moment the 4 of us stepped into the hotel we felt like someone special. I have never been to a hotel with check in finished within 5 minutes and our rooms were ready even though we were several hours early. The rooms catered fro all your needs and the staff were enthusiastic and very helpful. Particularly the concierge who was so knowledgeable about how to get to places, what train, bus etc. Cards were given to us, written in Chinese to show the taxi drivers the address of where we were going. A great help. The free Wi-Fi was a hit with my husband. Location wise, perfect. The train station across the road and 5 minutes from the Star ferry line. And all the ritzy shops surround you. What more does a girl need!
Wonderful hotel, great food and terrific staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lesley g
LanghamHongKong_mc02, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear lesley g,

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

From the moment I got off my taxi, the cheerful bellboy was already offloading my luggages without having to ask. The staff at The Langham simply knows the meaning of service. I was led through the opulent lobby area to the front desk where check-in was processed efficiently and in five minutes I was escorted up to my room. The hotel is ageing gracefully as I notice light renovation work being carried out in the lifts foyer, no noise was heard during my stay.

In my booking, I requested a high floor and that's exactly what I got (don't expect a view better than looking into the opposite office building though). The hotel has about 12 floors and my room was on the 8th floor, the highest floor for non-Club rooms. The extra towels I requested also appeared in the bathroom so I can confirm that the Langham HK acknowledges guests requests (kudos to them)! I stayed in a Grand Langham Room which is one of The Langham's better Deluxe rooms that have been recenly renovated. The room is spacious and has all the amenities you would expect from a five-star hotel. The bathroom was wonderful and The Langham's signature amenities kits never fail to impress (talcum powder included). Internet access was free as I am their 1865 member (free to apply for). The hotel provides one universal adapter for the power socket, I had a lot of gadgets with me so the hotel lend me two more without hesitation. There were plenty of power outlets through out the room, four by the bedside. Request anything through the phone and you'll get it in 10 minutes (lightning fast)!.

Too bad I didn't get to try the hotel restaurants although I heard their Chinese restaurant is Michelin-starred. The location of this hotel is among the best in TST. You are five minutes walk from the MTR metro and the Star Ferry pier. Surrounding the hotel are glitzy shopping malls and restaurants. I barely used the MTR as I could find everything within walking distance of the hotel. If you feel hungry after a late night out then there is a 7/11 and 24/7 McDonald's nearby. If you take the Airport Express, their complimentary shuttle bus also stops at The Langham. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the centre of all actions (in Tsim Sha Tsui). The service you get here is on par with The Peninsula and Mandarin Oriental but you pay significantly less with the harbour view being the only tradeoff. I will definitely come back to The Langham Hong Kong!

Room Tip: Book The Grand Langham Room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
LanghamHongKong_mc02, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear skyrider88,

Greetings from The Langham, Hong Kong. Thanks so much for the generous review.

It is a piety that you didn’t have the opportunity to try our restaurants. T’ang Court has just recently received Gold with Distinction from the 2013 Best of the Best Culinary Awards for their signature seafood.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel is a paradise in Hong Kong, in the midst of all the action.
The welcoming lobby puts you at ease immediately.
The friendliness of the staff is genuine and there appears to be a consistent level to ensure you're needs are met.
If you choose the Club Facility, the staff are helpful, food is just right and the refreshments served throughout the day are welcome.
Its centrality is a bonus and makes venturing in and out of the HK hub very accessible and not daunting.
A great place and my address is HKG

Peter Singer

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room. Bt, if you are averse to noise ask for a room that does not face the mai...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

When you arrive the luxury of The Langham hotel is evident, and you just can't stop starring at the lobby roof alfresco. Yes, it is an oasis. We paid a very substantial amount for Club level access in a suite, but when we arrived the Club lounge was being renovated. This could be good for new customers but we missed out and had to accept being near the lobby area. This made us feel less valued given we paid lots more for privacy but did not get it. However the staff in the hotel are very attentive and you can feel the luxury in most parts of the hotel. The staff made up for our disappointment.The suite we stayed in was comfortable. Pool area is generally good and the pool was deep at one end. Location for shopping in the high end or cheaper shops was very convenient. We ate at their restaurant and cannot recommend it. After ordering beef and getting pork, I was a bit aghast. Then someone started to vacuum near us while we were finishing our meal. We got a refund, however you may like to eat elsewhere. Mostly a very good hotel,

Room Tip: Just get a normal room as the suites are overpriced.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple