“very nice hotel in a great location”

The Langham, Hong Kong
Ranked #9 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
San Francisco, California
“very nice hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We debated about staying in Kowloon and I'm so happy we did. the location was perfect and very convenient to all forms of transportation, as well as all the shopping anyone could ask for. We didn't get enough though, so took short cab rides to the Jade Market as well as the Ladies Market. The Star Ferry was a short block away.

We booked a small suite and the club level benefits were definitely worth the extra expense. They served delicious breakfasts, generous teas, and the "happy hour" was first rate. I like Vodka, and I was pleasantly surprised at the Grey Goose I was served. The staff in the club room were very helpful about suggesting restaurants and places to visit. And we departed HongKong later in the day, and storing our luggage in the club level lounge was no problem at all.

Room Tip: There was some construction going on, so ask about a higher floor away from the street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Micheldorf
Reviewed 12 March 2014

For me it was the first time that I stayed in a Lagham Hotel but hopefully not the last. The service was impeccable and the room ideal for my needs on a busy business trip.

The only small criticisms I have are that there are no scokets close the bed if you want to use your phone as an alarm and charge it overnight at the same time, and the internet connection was a little slow/ patchy early evening.

The location is great and the breakfast was also what you would expect from such a luxurious hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Melbourne
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had to stay at The Langham when accompanying a colleague; I usually stay at another famous hotel. I was pleasantly surprised.
I stayed on the club floor and, although much smaller than some, it was everything we needed and the food and drinks were top quality and plentiful. The staff, by the way, were exceptional.

The Langham fragrance was new to me but it made me feel at home when coming back each afternoon and evening.

My room was large, well executed and, although there was no view to speak of, I enjoyed my time there immensely.

I probably won't change from my "Favourite" HK hotel, but I certainly won't grumble if the company places me there again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

From the moment we arrived and til we left we felt very special at the Langham. This time we had just 4 days in Hong Kong and enjoyed every minute. Just imagine a giant bowl of fresh flowers with their scent wafting through the Lobby, smiles from the Langham staff at every turn, a chat with the door man as we arrived back from a sight seeing expedition and the sumptuous breakfast to start the day with. You couldn't make a better choice than to stay at the Langham as its location provides you with the city of Hong Kong on your doorstep. And there was our room - sheer opulence . We felt very privileged indeed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We enjoyed our 4 nights at The Langham Hotel. We upgraded to Club which was well worthwhile with excellent service for breakfast and early evening cocktails and snacks provided by the most pleasant of staff. The location was ideal with numerous interesting stores nearby and the ferry to HK Island a few minutes walk. We would return to The Langham if we ever go back to HK.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A recent visit to Hong Kong saw me bunk up a couple of nights at The Langham in Tsim Sha Tsu. I have stayed in many Langhams around the world and class this one as one of the best.

From the get go the service was impeccable. Checking in at Club Lounge was the relaxing start i needed after getting off an international flight. The room was larger than i expected, and the glass wall between the bathroom was a nice touch. Overall service was fantastic, and the location was great, not only for the views of Hong Kong Island, but also the MTR is across the road. Only one stop to Admiralty (HK Island) and two to Central.

Im a real foodie and judge buffets harsh, especially in Asia, however i was pleasantly impressed with the breakfast buffet, a real must.

Only have great things to say about this hotel. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 March 2014

From the moment we arrived and checked in we were impressed with excellent service and loved our room, the beds were superb and the bathroom was immaculate. I loved the location as it is very near to all the "high end" shops as well as endless wonderful restaurants and close to the ferry. We enjoyed the privilege of being guests of the Langham Club where we had our daily breakfast and afternoon canapes and champagne...this was the highlight for us,gorgeous decor and wonderful food and service. I would choose the Langham again and again,my new favourite hotel in Hong Kong.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple