“First Class in Hong Kong.”

Ranked #10 of 724 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had three days of luxury when we stayed at The Langham recently. We stayed in the club rooms which were fab.. Nothing was too much trouble, and the food was amazing.. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very good hotel, excelente service.
The bar in the lobby, with live music is very nice and confortable.
I only dislike the room. My room was in 14th floor, just below the pool and is a bit noisy in the morning.
Very good location if you like fancy stores

Room Tip: My room was in 14th flour, just below the pool and it was a bit noisy in the morning
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is Possibly the best of the Langdon group. It is understated, next to all the shopping anyone can imagine and yet keeps its distance from the whirl of the city. Get a club room. Join the 1865 club before trying any Langdon. It is nothing more than a frequent visitor card, but the staff associate it with long-term relationships.
We were met by an ethnic Chinese who spoke Irish. Figure the odds on that! She accompanied us through the un challenging checking in, introduced us to the club staff, and said I’ll be back if you need me. Later, when we did need her, she came back.
It’s a very nice hotel, not too pricey, and an oasis in a sea of tourism.

Room Tip: The tip is to tip. The staff are paid poorly and appreciate a few dollars.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank roemanner
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We spent 8 nights at the Langham Hong Kong and had a truly 5 Star Experience. From the buffet to the concierge to the front desk the staff were on their game and always happy to accommodate our every need. The hotel has a large heated pool on the upper floors and although a little noisy near the pool area was a great escape from the hustle and bustle of HK. Location is first class with everything at your doorstep including ferries, shopping on a grand scale and the TST/Nathan Rd shops. this is a true 5 star experience and although a big change for us as we normally go resort it was a really nice hotel in every sense. The only minor criticism that I had was the in room drinks prices that were completely way over the top even allowing for its 5 star placement. Overall we had a delightful experience.

Room Tip: Some of the underground food Republic stores on Canton Rd will serve up fantastic meals at around $6...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I spent 4 nights at the Langham and I can't remember staying at such a fine hotel in a long while. You won't stay here for the view but you will stay here for the elegance, the attention to detail, the food, the drinks, the service, the plush carpet, and the fine bathroom. There is a large lounge area which is nice for business meetings and just relaxing at the end of the day. Good music at night and nice musicians.

there is a single blip: The water needs a filter or the pipes are old. They make up for this by supplying plenty of bottled water.

Room Tip: I was facing an office building... There might be a room with a view but I didn't go there for...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to many great hotels around the world. The Langham
HK has to be one of the top!! What an amazing experience for a solo British traveller like me. From the very first moment I walked through that entrance, ALL the staff were extremely welcoming, which put me at ease immediately. I do not feel that they are racist at all as some may have commented.

I stayed in the hotel for three days, all the friendly staff addressed me by my name. They were ALWAYS so helpful if I ever needed anything. They would go out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible: for example, one staff was going to get my shoe fixed for me when she saw my heel was broken! On my last day, I left the hotel with a bottle of coke in my hand: The concierge ran to the restaurant and got a straw with a serviette neatly folded Andy wrapped around it: for me on the road. For me, it is those little things that matters. It's their thoughtfulness makes The Langham HK unique.

As there were only 3 other rooms available when I checked in, the amazing staff took me to all 3 of them and ask me to choose which room I'd prefer AFTER they have already changed my room the first time (due to my superstitious dislike to number 13)!!!

Apart from the service: The hotel smells and looks absolutely amazing: The gentle fragrance of 'Flavours of Langham' lingers in the air every day. The rooms are always clean and immaculate. The Langham HK is timeless. Elegant. Classy.

Hotel has AMAZING location for everything that you desire: luxury/designers, food, harbour view. Everything is within walking distance.

I am definitely going back this beautiful hotel. Thank you so much to all the staff at The Langham for such an amazing experience in Hong Kong. I highly recommend it for solo or any travellers!!

Michelle, W
Manchester, UK

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Well this was an eye opener! disdainful, rude staff, and as we had booked a triple room I queried the receptionist's " twin bedded room" announcement, when given the key. As we have travelled extensively a double takes up less floor space than two singles even if "pushed together" as I was told in a matter of fact tone. On arrival to the room we found a small room with a bay window accommodating a desk, chair and occasional table. Where was this third bed going to be put? - in the bay up against the existing beds of course - really, 5 star? I know Langhams quite well so sent the hubby to upgrade - "We are full".....
We had also unwisely booked the steak restaurant, The Bostonian, for that night - reminded of our reservation, by email, by the hotel prior to our leaving the UK. Half empty - table not laid - 3 side plates and that was it! We ordered steaks and three sides but only got one.
Breakfast was like McDonalds - queuing for a table with dreadful service.
We had been booked by our cruise line and were treated like trash, they accommodate mainly Chinese clientele and obviously now hate westeners - so cruise lines be aware when your passengers have luggage put in the car park prior to transport arrival - think again when booking this poor excuse for an international hotel. I am currently staying in Shanghai at the Yangtze Boutique Hotel which is in the Langham chain - first class- outstanding polite staff - great family room - and gorgeous dining. Avoid Hong Kong like the plague.

Room Tip: make sure a triple really is a triple - especially if you are paying full cost for three person occu...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeamHK, Manager at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Camilla,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback in relation to your stay with us. It is with great concern noting the shortcomings you experienced and would ask that you accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you and your husband experienced.

I would like to personally discuss your feedback with you in order to gain further clarification on your experience. I have noted my contact email address below and I do look forward from hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,