“More but less service quality”

Ranked #10 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I had stay this hotel many time when I travel in HK for my business as always like the location and the way Langham improve quality but this it is a miss and less in staffs quality in many detail from time I check in...Nowelcome hello or friendly to me or other guests when Iturn around it is this isthe same hotelI stay before..
My turn off when I have to wait one hours to get in my key to the room but it is 5:00 pm what is the checking time ??? Once I got in the room the man come and knock the doors to offer me bottle of water when my room already have 4 what a ways to disorder your guests.
The list is go on in food quality is not the same but worst than last year for sure...
Hope this hotel improve before I return which I do love location and the room set up..

Room Tip: Stay as higher floor you can it is noises in big city HK
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Boon C
ManagementTeamHK, Manager at The Langham, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Mr. “Coffeenute”,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your feedback in relation to your stay with us.

It is with great concern noting the shortcomings you experienced during your arrival and your dining experience. The Langham, Hong Kong prides itself on exceeding our guests’ expectations through exceptional customer service and I sincerely apologise, as we obviously have not achieved this goal during your stay. We place a large emphasis on training at the hotel to ensure our service levels are enhanced year upon year and I am most grateful to you for bringing these matters to our attention as it is only through constructive criticism such as yours that we are able to constantly monitor and improve our progress more closely.

I would like to personally discuss your feedback with you in more to gain further clarification on your experience. I have noted my contact email address below and I do hope you are able to make contact with me.

Thank you again and I look forward from hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Dean Dimitriou
Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms
T (852) 2378-9381
dean.dimitriou@langhamhotels.com

There are newer reviews for The Langham, Hong Kong

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2014

If you are looking for a super hotel close to all the sights then this is the one to chose. We have stayed in many hotels around the world and this was simply the best. From the time we checked in to when we checked out everything was spot and no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Club in this hotel is second to none.

It has a great gym and change rooms. The service is hte best I have encontered in any chain.

For shopping, the location is idea. It has very easy access to the subway and ferry.

Even though I was travelling alone, I felt very safe in the surrounding areas.

I would not consider staying anywhere else in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have reported on The Langham Hotel before I think a few years ago now.
We have just stayed there again in the Langham Club, and I've got to say if anything the service and the quality of food etc is just second to none.
This hotel is just awesome, all the staff are great nothing is a problem and they all speak good English
As a club member they gave me a small wifi box that connected to my I Phone so I had free wifi anyway place in HK,
I will be back to the Langham the next time I am in HK

Room Tip: Join the Langham Club and you get the best there is
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew Y
Reviewed 18 August 2014

It was in march of 2010, I have invited to attend an international conference.
It is very easy to get the Langham hotel with address of No.8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong because you can find the hotel's representative at the airport. So you can go to hotel by shuttle or metro with the help from the airport.
I was very happy with the service attitude from Langham's staffs. It was only 3 days in Hong Kong but this hotel always made me felt very comfortable.
It is very special for you trip if you order the hotel's tailor design for your clothes or suits.
You can easily go for walk to see the Ocean terminal, symphony & light show, Avenue Star, shopping etc. People in Hong Kong are good at English so it is very easy to go or asking a help.
Although there are a lot of buildings & people but the streets are very clean.
If I have chance come back to Hong Kong, the Langham hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank marble173
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately parts of the Langham were being renovated during my stay. There was a little construction noise and the lobby bar was closed.
This is a very busy hotel located as it is close to Harbour City mall, however the service level is pretty good. Comfortable rooms with window coverings that block out light and big comfy beds ensure a good nights' sleep. The Boston restaurant on the lower level is a good place for a steak if you don't mind freezing due to the arctic level air conditioning

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Goingnutsinchina
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have stayed with the Langham in TST for over six years. While they continuously update the rooms, the one that that has never changed is the incredible service they provide to their guests.

Most recently, two friends of mine from the U.S. stayed there at the start of their honeymoon. I called the concierge two weeks before they arrived and asked if there was something we could do to make their two night stay more memorable since it was a very special occasion. We talked for about ten minutes and we came up with some wonderful ideas. Two weeks later, the day my friends were arriving, I arrived at 6am to set everything up. Not only was staff on duty aware of my visit but they worked with me in preparing a truly lovely surprise for my friends. They even sent me a photo of the room before my friends arrived.

The attention to detail and the care that the Langham gives its guests is unparalleled. The hotel is in a perfect location for any visit to Hong Kong. If you are looking for a hotel with great amenities, good location, and fantastic service, look no further!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple