“Very Helpful Reservation Desk, Great Brunch, Tasteful Enough Room for my in-laws”

The Langham, Hong Kong
Ranked #13 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Honolulu
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We stayed at Langham for a week before we went to China for the Beijing Olympics. I am a seasoned traveler and I was 7 months pregnant. The reservation desk spent significant amount of time to find the best accommodation for my needs (non-smoking room/ connecting rooms/ acupuncture and massage treatments at the Spa...etc) and then helped me to configure the best possible discount package available. They even cancelled a previous booking when a new discount offer became available. They suggested a new booking with daily Brunch at about the same price- which saved my grace with my in-laws' particular needs, for them being the second time out of the U.S. and quite a bit on the older side, so they prefer Western diet and relative convenience even on the road. The brunch also offered a good mix of Western and Oriental recipes for someone like me who lived half of my life in Hong Kong and another half in the U.S. The room is small but it is expected if you know anything about the value of real estate in Hong Kong as well as its population density. I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities provided and I like the design of its bathroom (it is pretty big and sexy). Good size TV screens for watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony. I didn't get a chance to try the roof top swimming pool but learned that the chlorine level is sufficient but low enough for a pregnant lady to swim in. I would like it better if the business center has more extensive services. I also like its location because I know it is easy to get to the subway, ferries, taxi and minivans. It is within walking distances to major shopping sites and good local eateries. For all its worth- my in-laws found staying in this hotel the best traveling experience during our month long trip in China. By the way, the sculptures within the hotels are humorous and worth seeing.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank NaiaRazz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Just returned from accomanying my partner on a business trip. We chose to stay here for 3 nights to experience a bit of Kowloon before staying on the main island for the working week. Having arrived before my partner I was very warmly welcomed and whisked off to my room, no problem in me arriving before him and not having a card to put against the room etc- very understanding. Although I was told the room had been upgraded it was actually the room we had booked-but there was a fab view of the Nathen road designer shops! Beware the pool is quite small and not much sun on it but the gym is very spacious more then you would expect from a hotel. The best thing about the Langham is the location and the rooms. The bed was huge, as was the TV! The room was just sooo comforable. The hotel is also ideal for sightseeing- 4 mins walk from the star ferrry and the MTR. There are also tonnes of nice little eateries near by, If you want to eat somewhere with the best views try a restaurant called Aqua (google) it does italian and japanesse food and is 2 mins from the hotel. make sure you book online for a window seat at the weekend in advance!
Having visited HK a couple of time this would be my first choice for sightseeing and having a relaxing base to go back to.

Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank SingaporeTraveller21
London, England
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We arrived at the Langham in Kowloon for our first stop on our honeymoon. I asked the lady at reception whether it was possible, given that it was our honeymoon and the hotel was not busy, for us to have an upgrade. She said that she didnt want to spoil the surprise but yes, we had been upgraded. We were very excited. However, when she checked us into our room, she checked us into the room that I had already booked and paid for. The "upgrade" she was referring to was a bottle of sparkling wine that was in our room. Most odd and very dissapointing.

I was also very dissapointed when I was told that I would be charged for drinking the sparkling wine downstairs in the empty hotel bar and that we should drink it in our room if we didnt want to pay extra. This was not exactly in the spirit of giving us the complimentary bottle.

The room itself was ok if a little cramped. The pool facilities were also ok but small and cramped.

The best bit was the positioning of the hotel which is just a short walk to the Star Ferry which goes across to Hong Kong Island.

Overall, I would not stay there again though as I dont think the service and the room justified the price.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Radgoon
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2009

a brilliant place to stay in Hong Kong.
massive bed, marshmallow pillows, luxury sheets, the best gym i've seen in a hotel, attentive staff, central location, everything you need when you need it

Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank etcha
Mumbai
Reviewed 11 May 2009

This is a great place if you know what asian hospitality is all about. The club floor rooms and the lounge offer stunning views of the city.

The staff is well informed about the city as well as the hotel facilities!

The hotel also offers quick and easy access to most shopping areas as well as the MRT system.

Remember not to book through a travel website if you want to be eligible for accrual of points.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank OenoIndo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2009

My wife and I spent 14 nights at this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. The hotel itself is very well furnished, clean, luxurious with top class facilities. OK, so are many hotels in Hong Kong. But there are 2 main things that make this hotel stand out amoung the rest. 1. The location is superb. Right in the middle of TST, within easy walking distance of MTR, Star Ferry, Nathan Road, Art Museums etc.. etc.. and all the main attractions that the tip of Kowloon has to offer. and 2. The staff at this hotel are incredible. Friendly, understanding (not going into that one in too much detail), helpful and will do anything to assist you in any way they can. In addition you have all the added little extras:- Free water in the room, a daily weather report for the next days planning, daily room cleaning that is all day (for you lazy people like me), Good TV channels, Tea/coffee and kettle, iron and board, turn down service in the evening, a good bar with live music (mild jazz), ... I could go on for ever ..... but won't.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank The-Travel-eater
Confolens, France
Reviewed 8 May 2009

This Hotel is very luxurious, and the service is second to none. I would unhesitatingly and unreservedly recommend it to anyone. It is an oasis of calm in the madness that is Hong Kong, yet only a few minutes walk away from MTR station, star ferry, Nathan Road, Harbour City etc. Excellent restaurants nearby. We didn't eat in the Hotel, but if you like Michelin starred food (and are willing to pay the price!) I am sure it would be wonderful. Search for a good deal, and stay at the Langham.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple