The Intercontinental in Hong Kong is a favorite of mine for many reasons. Starting with the location -- on the water in Kowloon, the view even from the lobby is amazing, especially once the evening light show of the skyline starts at 8pm. The rooms are luxurious and even the smaller ones are well laid out and include many bonus features, such as ipod chargers. The hotel rooms are also very quiet, although I did hear that during my recent stay the daytime construction from the driveway was very noisy during the day for rooms that faced that side. The rooms are very sound proof to each other. If you can spring for the harbor view room, it's well worth the price. The view of the harbor at all times of day and activity on the water is quite a show.
The food options are amazing, and it's always hard for me to pull myself away to eat at another restaurant. The breakfast buffet, is by far one of the largest I've ever seen and has every type of option you could ever want...both western and eastern. The food is always fresh, and presented perfectly, and consistently good. Nobu of course is world famous and I've found their food and service to be on par with other Nobu locations. The steak house is extraordinary and has a few unique tricks of the trade -- the wait staff will offer you a selection of steak knife options for your meal or an assortment of about 16 gourmet mustards to side with your steak. I didn't love their new light up menus but I'll excuse them for that and I'm sure many people who have trouble reading in low light settings might love this gimmick.
The staff is among the best and I can't speak highly enough about their courtesy, willingness to help, professionalism. and this is at every staff level.
The spa is delightful and a great value for the level of service. The gym is small but adequate and updated with great media units on most machines. The pool area is very nice with a bar area and an infinity spa pool with three different temperatures of water.
I have no complaints here. The little shopping arcade is a lacking, but with all the shopping in Hong Kong, it would be hard to place that as a negative against the hotel. I have stayed here about 8 times and can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental