“The Hospitality Starts at Hong Kong International”

InterContinental Hong Kong
Ranked #10 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New York City, New York
“The Hospitality Starts at Hong Kong International”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Upon arriving at Hong Kong International you will proceed to Intercontinental Hong Kong's Airport Reception Desk. The receptionist will check you in and you a driver take you by MB 500 sedan to the hotel which is located along the water.

The door man greet you by name and ask if you immediately require anything. Your luggage will be checked into your room while you have a drink in the lobby. The lobby is very open and vast looking out to the water.

As a ambassador member of Intercontinental Hotels I have access to the Intercontinental Club Lounge. The Lounge area is one of the nicest with much to eat and drink. The breakfast selection is unque with many options and including Chinese dim sum. During the evening dim sum, cold seafood, various items are offered. You really can have your meals right here and never go out.
Concierge staff is very well trained to assist you and make your stay seamless.

The rooms are traditionally decorated and some have great viewers of the water. All rooms are reasonable in size but suites are much roomier.

The spa facilities are very luxurious and you can have a private suite with steam and hot tub. The pool is dramatic and has great views.

If you are a Nobu fan you will be happy to know it is located in the hotel and I dined almost every night having wonderful sushi.

Intercontinental Hong Kong's location on the water so it is relaxing and away from the hustle.

When you do check out and request service to Hong Kong Internatinal Airport you will be taken by MB 500 Sedan and Intercontinental staff at the airport will take you directly to your airline and check you in.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank David H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (963)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've been lucky to stay here 3 times in the last 18 months for work. It is beautiful with a truly spectacular view over Victoria Harbour changes with the light and time of day. The enormous floor to ceiling wall of windows means you can sit in the lounge and never tire of the view. At around 8pm when the lightshow over Hong Kong starts, is spectacular. It is every inch the 'Manhattan of the East'. There is no point travelling here without having a room overlooking the harbour. The window runs the width of the room and electronic switches make it easy to draw the blinds or curtains. The bed is comfortable and a small chaise longue beside the window is a nice touch. The bathroom with its sunken bath, shower and separate toilet is wonderful with l'occitane toiletries. The hotel can arrange a car to the airport and on arrival, there is someone in hotel livery who takes your bags to the airport check-in counters - a nice touch. I hosted drinks for 10 colleagues here in the lounge from all over the world, with dinner in the hotel restaurant Nobu. We still talk about it as one of the best nights we have all enjoyed, mainly for the view and ambience. a real destination experience.

Room Tip: Go for a harbour view and upgrade to the Club Intercontinental where you can enjoy breakfast in the...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank The_Daring_Adventure
Tucson
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Having been to Hong Kong years ago, I remembered that the location of the Intercontinental, formerly the Regent, was the best on Kowloon for harbour views, so that's why I booked it for my husband and me. In fact, getting to the hotel from the new international airport was a breeze on the sleek and inexpensive express train. At the central Hong Kong train station, you change to the complimentary shuttle bus for the Sheraton, get off at the Sheraton, walk for 5 minutes or so underground through a modern shopping mall, and you're at the I/C. Signage is good.

We checked in and upgraded ourselves to a harbour view on the 7th floor, which was well worth it. In fact, we spent a considerable amount of time (for us) over the next three nights, especially late at night, admiring the views of the skyline from our room.

A couple of minor complaints. Because we checked in late and were tired from a very long day, we decided to have a light supper at the restauant in the lobby. We typically don't eat at hotel restaurants because in many cases they're seriously overpriced with so-so food. US$90 or so later, after one glass of wine for me and a beer for my husband with a modest and so-so sandwich each, we learned that lesson once again. We found out later that there are restaurants very close by that would have provided better options for a quick meal. Second, we always travel light with only carryon for our typically 2- to 5-week trips and therefore often use hotel laundries.....again, the I/C is overpriced. We realize that Hong Kong is an expensive city, so we did take that into consideration. Our hotel booking did not include breakfast, but there is a Starbucks a 10-minute walk away where we got our morning fix.

Hotel public areas and rooms at the I/C need updating. Everything in the room was comfortable and seemed to work. The minisafe location was a minor inconvenience.

Amenities and features were good, such as a newspaper each morning, complimentary tea later in the day which was wonderful after a full day of playing tourist, Fox News besides the usual CNN, etc., and good maid service. We never used the pool or fitness center, which is unusual for us.

I think staying in this hotel is worth it because of the outstanding views and location. I do not think the Intercontinental is a 5-star experience and is somewhere between a solid 3-star and a 4-star.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susan L
Brisbane
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My Mum & I had a week in Hong Kong in late June, 2013 and shared a harbour view deluxe room at the Intercontinental Hotel on Salisbury Road. The harbour view from the room was amazing, with big picture windows to enjoy the goings on night and day. The room itself was very spacious with a fabulous big bathroom and a separate toilet. The beds were very comfortable, the air conditioning was easy to adjust to suit and the shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. The Hotel itself was very quiet and we noticed there were a few big functions when we were there but we did not hear any guests walking around the hall ways. We enjoyed the extensive buffet breakfast each morning and often enjoyed a drink and a snack in the Hotel lobby. The lobby bar has a wonderful view also, especially in the evening when the skyline starts to light up. All staff at this Hotel, from housekeeping to the reception staff to the wait staff were absolutely lovely. No problems with anybody. The concierge desk were always helpful, as were the staff opening doors or organising taxis. Nothing was too much trouble for these people and they were always a pleasure to deal with. Their service was always delivered with a smile or a friendly comment. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anybody staying in Hong Kong. It was a 10 minute walk to the Star Ferry. Five minute walk to the Peninsula Hotel via the underground walk way. Two minute walk to the Avenue of the Stars. Five minute walk to the closest MTR station (Tsim Sha Tsui East) and Sogo Department Store was next door to the Hotel. I did not go in the pool but did visit the area for a look. It was a fabulous pool with plenty of lounges and friendly staff on hand to help you. I did not use the gym but it looked very clean and well equipped with plenty of treadmills etc. We also dined in the Yan Toh Heen Chinese Restaurant in the Hotel and the food was fabulous as was the service. It was expensive but well worth the price. This Hotel is exceptional and I would highly recommend it. I also hope to return to Hong Kong and would definitely choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: We requested twin beds in a harbour view room since I was travelling with my mother. It was quite f...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BrisbaneDearie
Fulham, London
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I'm currently sat in room 410 - looking out over dusk on Victoria Harbour. I have stayed here about five times - but the last time was about 4 years ago. Even then, I much preferred it to the Peninsula and Mandarin Oriental (where I have also been privileged to stay in) since it is brighter, more spacious and the stunning views from public areas. However, Hong Kong changes so quickly, I thought it may have become out-dated.

Not so. Whilst rooms are not the most up to date (they are about to begin a refurbishment programme), everything else seems so current. Service is fantastic - better than ever - particularly in Harbourside which has to offer one of the best breakfasts in the world.

Staff are increadibly efficient and friendly - not snooty at all which you sometimes find in Hong Kong. The outdoor pool is the best I know in Hong Kong (although the spa pool is now closed - probably because of the building work next door - which is a shame), the gym is well equipped, and relatively quiet. Spa and massage facilities are great, although it would be good to have a sauna or steam room. You can hire your own suite with steam/sauna and jacuzzi for HK190 for half an hour when booking a treatment - which seems reasonable (inexpensive if you are a couple) but it would be good to have one for general use.

There is a brilliant choice of restaurants and, of course, one of the most impressive bar/lobbies in the world.

Prices are high but comparable to anything at this level in HK. If I'm travelling alone, i don't mind much about the view, but with spouse and/or family, you really need to go for a harbour view room. It is one of the most privileged spots in the world and great to enjoy it for a few days in your own little 'apartment.'

I think the location is perfect. Whilst many people prefer to stay on Hong Kong Island (where most of the sights and attractions are), I prefer to enjoy the view of the Island from the Kowloon side, and just pop over when I need to. The Star Ferry is just a 5 minute walk away along the promenade, and there is a metro station practically underneath the hotel. Short taxi to Airport Express Station, or there is a complimentary bus that runs from the station to just behind the Sheraton Towers (get off at that stop) which is just opposite.

HK is not one of my favourite cities. However, this is one of my favourite hotels and reason alone to want to return soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AlexFulham_London
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was our first visit to this Intercontinental Hotel. The reception service was exceptional!
Our room harbor view was phenomenal ! The butler service was right on the money. The dining area for the breakfast buffet was great, too. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and its exceptional staff. They were so attentive to the guests and pet all the lounge chairs ready for the next guest .
They actually changed the lounge covers with each guest. The pool gets full sun all day! They have plenty of umbrellas should you want shade. I can't say enough about what a wonderful stay we had. The Intercontinental Hotel definitely Hong Kong should share their high standards with their other hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Nantucket
Reviewed 29 June 2013

When my husband booked the hotel, I wasn't sure if we'd picked the best choice for our stay. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is a beautiful hotel and a perfect location to enjoy Hong Kong. We were given a lovely room looking over the harbor. The hotel sits right on the waterfront of Kowloon and the view is amazing. It is an easy walk to the Star ferry and that was such a fun and quick way to get across the harbor. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have seen and we also had a casual dinner and enjoyed a great view of the evening light show. I would absolutely pick this Hotel for a return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple