Just checked out of this hotel after a two night stay. On a trip to Vietnam and had a stop over in Hong Kong. Booked this hotel especially for the outside pool and it totally exceeded our expectations - mainly due to the fantastic view and the staff. The location of this hotel is excellent as you are just 10 mins away from the Ferry but have the best view ever!
When we arrived the reception desk was busy and someone came over instantly and welcomed us and arranged for the receptionist Deborah to check us in. She was very friendly and professional and informed us that if we joined the club membership that day we would get free internet connection...and a welcome drink!
Our room 740 was stunning and had a picture postcard view. We never wanted to close the curtains. The room was very well equipped with a huge shower and bath and docking station.
The bed was very firm, pillows not so great, but we were able to order from the pillow menu.
The outside swimming pool was really refreshing and a quick dip was perfect after our long flight. The surrounding pool area was lovely, and outside jacuzzi had a great view over the harbour.
Was worried having read some recent reviews about this hotel about the pool having been closed for cleaning so I emailed in advance and received a speedy response from Erwin reassuring me the pool was open. He also confirmed that a cab from Kawloon train station would cost us approx $60 hk dollars. Good to know in advance.
Will definitely stay in this hotel again and hope to have room 740 again. Thanks to all the staff at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental