It was not a very good start. I came off the plane and looked for their counter in the airport for my car booking. Note, they have two counters - one for the hotel on HK side and another for this one on the Kowloon side. So after 15mins of trying to look for my booking, only then they ask at which hotel branch I am booked. They tell me to walk across to the other counter, which is only a 2min walk but then no one is there. There is a phone that states you can call them so I did but no one answered -- so much for providing a phone and a number. After another 10mins, someone arrives -- and after another 10mins of looking for my booking, they tell me that there is no booking. I was fuming mad. Why even ask me to go to this counter if there was no car. I walked off very mad to the airport express ticket counter and after a min or so, they came chasing telling me that they found a car. And I have to commend the guy at the counter for being so polite and apologetic despite me telling him off.
So I forgot this whole incident so not to ruin my weekend vacation in HK with my best friend.
The hotel location is great because you can walk to Nathan road where there are lots of great Chinese restaurants. It is also walking distance to an MTR so its easy to get to the HK side for some serious shopping in Pacific Place.
The gym facilities are ok, enough machines to do an hour work-out. The pool is nice and clean and there are three jacuzzi pools with warm, hot and cold water.
The food at the lobby lounge are good -- I had the prawn burger and truffle fries which were quite good while you enjoy a great view of the harbor.
For the breakfast buffet, they had a good selection of Chinese, Japanese and Western food.
The room service was good and kept the rooms clean.
On leaving the hotel, the hotel car was on time, I had a very pleasant driver and got to the airport on time.
So despite the bad start, I still enjoyed my stay. I was a bit surprised though that they did not give a discount on the car service given that it took me 45mins to leave the airport. But I will come back and stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental