“Enjoyed very much”

InterContinental Hong Kong
Ranked #11 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was at Hotel with my family(3 persons), was immediately upgraded to larger room without asking. The breakfast is excellent, room service is the best I ever had. It is in an very good location, the ferry harbor is close by, travelled a lot from one island to the next. The night view is spectacular because of the very big windows the room have. There is nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: There is so much to see/do close by at the Hotel it's not easy to name all. The night street mar...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vanderMerwe99967
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Hong Kong

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Despite the hotel is a little old, I find it excellent in terms of service. Great staff always polite and ready to help. The view from the rooms is great. I like to go for a jog in the morning by the seaside and the hotel had a perfect location. I appreciate the staff welcoming you after the run with towels and water.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When we arrived from London for a three night stay before flying to Tokyo, we were asked if we wanted to join the Club Intercontinental which offered 'free' Wi-Fi, 'free' breakfast, free pre-supper drinks and canapés and a more personal service. We agreed that we should and it was the best decision we made whilst in Hong Kong. The hotel itself is brilliant with a fabulously famous location, a calm luxurious presence amidst the Kowloon churn and a marvellous sense of purpose as the place to be seen. But being in the Club meant the value and enjoyment of the Intercontinental stay went way beyond good, it was fabulous.

Room Tip: Harbour view, naturally
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It was my first time here ad this hotel welcomed me in a very nice way. I had a room with a terrific view on the harbour and everything was perfect.
The only thing I did not like is the bathroom: old fashioned tub with too low ceiling, uncomfortable shower with...yellow curtain (talking about a 5stars hotel it is too much...).
Nice fitness room and swimming outdoor pool.
Extremely nice location and helpful staff.
Good breakfast with a nice selection.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A couple of nights wind-down in Hong Kong on the way back to Australia after a pretty busy business trip in Europe for myself and my wife.

I'm an Intercontinental Ambassador Member and try to use this brand when I can, and I can say I think this hotel is one of the best Intercons I've been in.

Yes.... it's expensive, but I do think you get what you pay for (especially in HK).

We had a car from the hotel pick us up from the airport - a great service the major hotels provide here - we chose a Mercedes, but you can get a Bently or Rolls if you wanna spend more.

We were met at the hotel entrance and whisked up to our room for a personal Check In. We had a harbour view room on the 5th floor - and wow, what a view - panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and the cityscape of lights at night.

This is a large room (not a suite), but plenty of room, huge, comfy bed, large flat screen, work space with plenty of amenities and a huge bathroom with shower, steam shower, spa bath as well as every other bathroom amenity you could want.

The room had two things I especially look for in a hotel room - a bedside clock and great blackout curtains that keep it dark at night (if you can manage get yourself to shut them and miss out on the view for a second).

There's multiple restaurants in the hotel, however, for our first breakfast I walked down to a store at the nearby Star Ferry Terminal, bought a couple of wife cakes and had them with in room coffee - a cheap breakfast in an expensive hotel.

The next 2 mornings we were in the Club Lounge - huge range, great staff and great service.

One nite we had drinks and snacks in the Lounge Bar while watching the Symphony of Lights across the bay - a bit dear, but smashing cocktails (hey - it's 5 Star property, it's gonna be expensive).
There are masses of staff that all seem to be trying to assist you at every opportunity and it was some of the best service I've had in any hotel.

The location is right on the water on the Avenue of the Stars and a short walk to Star Ferry Terminal and Harbour City (massive) Shopping Mall.

We had a 4pm checkout, then another hotel limo car back to the airport for the end of a great stay.

I'd stay at this hotel again anytime.

Room Tip: You can't go past a harbour view room and Club Lounge access
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

i love the view to the victoria harbor.
great lounge and resto is worth all the cost... u live once only
the location is near the main shopping areas and the markets are around 10 min with taxi or underground. the daily buffets are stunning

Room Tip: victoria harbor view superior
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank planetflyer
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Don't be fooled by the sober appearance of this hotel (especially compared to the nearby Peninsula). The hotel really has a terrific view over Victoria Harbour. We stayed for one night in the Executive Suite and it was a night to remember. You definitely don't want to close the curtains, as going to sleep and waking up with a full view of HK Island is just amazing. Because it was my girlfriends birthday, we even received a complimentary cake in the morning! Staff was extremely attentive and helpful. As the only downside I would mention that the check-in was very slow. I would expect that they take your IDs and guide you to your room - instead we had to wait at least 15 minutes at the desk until all forms were filled out. However, the desk officer was a trainee so I give him some slack. Also, the infinity pool was not as great as expected and was not heated, so enjoying the view from the pool in March was unfortunately not possible. Other than that, a great experience and definitely worth the bucks!

Room Tip: Rooms with a Harbour view are definitely worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple