It has been some time since i visited the Intercontinental. There is a lot going on, now that the adjoining Mall and Hotel has been torn down....leaving the INtercontinental alone waiting for her new neighbor to be built.
The hotel is as great as ever. My greeting in the lobby, and check in service were efficient, friendly, and FAST!
I was escorted to my room at the end of the Hall with a wonderful view of the Harbor, the pool, and the construction next door.
The Club Lounge on the 2nd floor has to be one of the finest in the world! An extensive escape over the lobby offers sweeping views of the Harbor. Food offerings for breakfast and dinner are amazing! There is really TOO MUCH here! The staff is friendly, and wonderful.
OK, the rooms and such might be in need of a bit of updating (And an extensive renovation is rumored to be coming); but the property is PERFECTLY maintained. It is a contemporary classic that is full of wonderful furnishings that has stood the test of time. I would challenge anyone to find a worn carpet, scratched wall, or imperfect furnishing anywhere. This grand 'lady' is well taken care of!
Honestly, i almost hated hearing that they are planning a large renovation (i assume to coincide with the new neighbor). I think the Intercontinental is perfect just the way it is! Again, she is a classic.
Service is EXTRAORDINARY. Many of the staff here have spent a lifetime here. I met a couple people that were originally Regent employees when i first stayed at the property more than 20 years ago. Loyalty speaks volumes, and the staff here is all 5 star!
If there was any complaint, it was the lobby entertainment this past Tuesday evening. The 'songstress' slaughtered the classics, and seemed to think 'louder is better' as she forced the notes out. She also played to her 'one table of fans' as though the entire room was there to adore her. We were not. :) My table and those around me were all talking about her. She is NOT Intercontinental material....in my humble opinion.
Cant wait to come back. I want to stay a couple more times before they renovate! Keep the original 'character' of the hotel please, this lady is PERFECT just the was she is! Timeless.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental