The InterContinental is by far the best hotel in Hong Kong, hands down. Don't make the mistake of staying at its shabby cousin, the Grand Stamford, though! We initially checked in here but moved out after one night. The "scene" at the hotel is so vibrant you almost don't want to head out. It's got a fantastic lobby bar which serves amazing high tea. With gigantic glass windows overlooking Kowloon harbour (the hotel is situated right on the harbour front), there is no better place than this to watch the daily light show with a cocktail in hand. There is modern chicness in every single corner here without the frumpy old world gilt of some of the other famous HK hotels. Where else will you find a Nobu AND Alain Ducasse's award winning restaurant Spoon? We got upgraded to a fantastic harbour view suite, which had a separate living room. Whether from the bathroom, the bedroom or the living room, the view of Kowloon and the harbour is uninterrupted and simply spectacular. Get a higher floor, though; as I mentioned earlier, the hotel is right on the harbour front, which is a busy promenade full of tourists. As our room was on the 3rd floor, though it was a gorgeous suite, come nightfall you're pretty much on the same level as the crowd outside and you'll have to draw your curtains (with a remote control, ahem. At the IC suites they're motorized). The wardrobes, though, could definitely be roomier for a suite this size. I've stayed here twice and it's definitely my choice when in HK, but the next time I've got my eyes on the IC's rooftop suite with private pool and outdoor bed for sleeping under the stars!!! This is for sure one of the best city hotels in the world, for business or romance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental