As everyone says, this hotel has possible the best views of any hotel in the World, from the moment you enter the lobby until you get to your room (assuming you have a harbor view). I returned because of previous great experiences and they were almost as good this time as 10 years ago. Spacious rooms and bathrooms as almost all the amenities you could ever want, including a great Bose sound / video system amd flat panel TV. The staff are excellent with good service everywhere from the bar to the "Butlers". Couple of complaints
1) Where are the drawers - since we were traveling for a couple of weeks in China and staying in this hotel for 4 or 5 nights for a bit of luxury at the end of our trip, we wanted to unpack our bags - but only 3 very very small drawers; and I do mean small. There were some other small drawers but these were taken up with interior fixtures to display additional minibar items - why? We found this all a little strange. When we mentioned it at checkout, the staff said yes that other guests had mentioned this as well. I don't remember this issue during previous visits but the staff did say the hotel had undergone some renovations since then. To build on this point it does seem that the style of the hotel is a little less sleek and cutting edge than previously.
2) The second minor point is that there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room - yes I know you can go to a restaurant but if you are traveling between continents then you find yourself waking at odd times and it is nice to be able to make a drink in the room. We were supplied with a kettle and some instant coffee, etc eventually but I still think this should be there form the beginning.
The hotel does have a beautiful swimming pool.
Oh don't forget that even in Hong Kong you should not drink the tap water (the staff told us when we arrived). Some bottled water us supplied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deemed one of the world's top hotels, InterContinental Hong Kong is renowned for its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront, with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. Located in the Tsim Sha Tsui area, the hotel is convenient to Kowloon's business, entertainment and shopping districts. A wide range of excursions and activities are within a short distance and getting around every part of the city is easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelbag and Ctrip TA so you can book your InterContinental Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Intercontinental