“Good location”
Review of B P International

B P International
Ranked #144 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 November 2013

BP International is conveniently located near Jordan MTR, walking distance to some of the most popular eateries in Hong Kong. Airport Express shuttle bus stop is just next to the hotel. Buzzling shops and Temple Street night market to keep you occupied. Room was considered spacious for a Hong Kong hotel. Checking in took a while as I have observed that there are constantly large groups of people checking in.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Baden Powel, the founder of scouts is the reason of the name B P International. There is a scout group base on the second/third floor of the building, very interesting. Location of the hotel is very good if you want to go out for shopping. The worst point is the elevator, very slow...

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Like others, I was so frustrated by the elevators in this place. Often two of the four elevators weren't working. The carpet in my room really needed to be cleaned. I read in other reviews that the concierge was helpful, but I found that the concierge was rarely available, and even when he was, he wasn't too helpful. The location was pretty good, but if I get a chance to go back I will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We spent 10 nights in this hotel, in November 2013. The location is great; the nearest MTR Jordan is about 3min on foot. The lifts worked well, our room wasn't big, but OK. We didn't eat breakfasts in the hotel and it was cheaper and most interesting, because we were eating with Chinese people in small restaurants. There are a lot of them in neighbourhood. Across the street is 7eleven and Welcome shop. In this area you can change money. They have good exchange rates (1US$=7,60HK$). The nearest street market is Night Market on Temple Street, about 5 min from hotel. 50m from hotel entance is stop of the free shuttle bus. When you will come back home, you can go by shuttle bus K4 to MTR Kowloon and then by train to airport. It costs 90 HK$ and the trip lasts 20 min. You can check-in earlier, at Kowloon Station MTR and leave your luggage there. It's comfortable. The location of this hotel is good because it is area where common Chinese people live . It's very interesting to watch their life.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here for three nights as an early extension to a business trip. The location is by far its best quality as it is in the center of nightlife, shopping and eating. Also, Kowloon Park is tucked behind it and is a good place to cut through on your way to the waterfront.

I had a rear facing, towards the park and water, room with two twin beds. Having lived in Asia for several years, I am used to tight, but the general layout of the room, especially the bathroom seems off. The carpet in the room was an original as were some other decorative features. The hallway to the elevators smelled musky as if mold were present.

The pricing was good, but a bit north based on quality. Across the street is a supermarket open until 11pm. You have to go down some stairs, but good to stock up on cheap drinks and such.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights as of its location. When I arrived in the hotel, I was quite surprised that the scouts were also on the same building, the hotel room floors started from the 14th floor to the 24th floor. I was in a rush as my holiday plan in Hong Kong is rushed so I would like to quickly check into my room to unpack and get ready for my journey. To my horror. I waited quite a long time for check-in and was quite angry initially but I knew that the reception staff have done their best. I read about the previous reviews about the hotel that the lifts were slow. On the day of my arrival, four of the lifts were in operation and available for use. But on the next day, two of them broke down or are in maintenance. I waited for an initial 5 minutes to get a lift on my floor , the 20th. I was surprised that the lift was full and had to wait even longer for the next lift. after another 5 minutes of wait, the lift finally arrived and I managed to squeeze into the lift and were packed like sardines. The lift journey from the 20th to the ground floor took 5 minutes and the total time from the 20th floor to the Ground floor took 15 minutes. I was quite angry at this matter as this hotel only had four lifts serving Floors G and UG then jumping up to the 10th but it still took me 15 minutes to get from the 20th floor to the ground floor. How can a hotel just shut 2 lifts during a peak hour. The last day when I was departing back to Singapore, three of the lifts are okay but one was still down. Check out was also slow as I checked out on 11.50am where there was a very long queue for check out. The rooms are okay for Hong Kong's size and it has all we need. The TV was big, around 32 inch perhaps. The rooms have alarm clocks for us too and my family was happy overall on this stay. I would recommend the breakfast at UG for the price wround $16SGD for a buffet breakfast but the food is just okay, if you are on the tight budget maybe you would like to try some street food I found delicious near Jordan MTR. I would definitely come back to this hotel for it's price and location even though the lifts are slow. I won't be such an impatient fellow and let just 15 minutes to destroy quite an okay hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a room on the higher floors with a harbour view if possible for free.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

very disappointed with my recent 3 night stay here. hotel is very busy and maybe the staff take customers for granted. hotel reception staff are like robots only focussed on taking the cash. this hotel is just ok if you are on vacation but as a business hotel its very poor and i wont stay again. i booked through the hotel corporate website. they put me on the 24th floor where the wi fi signal was very weak. i just could not work- the wi fi signal was not good enough. i complained several times but the staff seem uninterested. they either denied the wi fi issue on 24th floor OR just said that they would ask their engineer to turn up the signal. never a call back to check if problem resolved. it never was. Goodbye and good ridance.!! 10 minutes wait for lifts quite regularly!