The great aspects include the location. Just a 5 minute walk to the escalator, easy to get to by Taxi and Robinson Road is well known by all, so no confusion on where you want to go.
The views are fantastic. We stayed in one of the Grand Harbor View Suites which is a corner room with floor to ceiling windows from the bedroom on two walls. Spectacular sensation, almost as if you are cantaleevered out over Hong Kong. Both rooms are small, but two rooms are the best way to go when you are trying to adapt to a time zone change and your spouse/partner is not on your same sleep schedule.
The not so great was the inability for the customer servicde staff to deal with flexibility when a problem arose and we had a few. First our flight into Hong Kong was cancelled. While we contacted the hotel as soon as we knew, it wasn't time enough to meet their cancellation policy. Working in the lodging business ourselves, we understood this and did not complain or even try to fight the full charge rate for the missed night. We did take exception to the 10% service charge for an unused room. We stayed for three nights and paid for 4, but felt the fee for the service charge on a room night we did not use was silly. For the price of $15USD, they could have had a satisfied customer, instead we left disappointed.
The bathroom has a big sign that the water is not drinkable without boiling.Perhaps bottled water should be supplied for free, but it was 32HK a small bottle, $4.50USD. Quite a large hidden surcharge to brush ones teeth.
At point of check in we added another night as we had itinerary flexibity and plans for three full days in Hong Kong and were told this would be no problem and the room was available. Sadly, the checkin host did not note this additional night on our reservation. By the time that last day came, they had sold our room and were expecting us to leave, we on the other hand had no idea there was a conflict. While we were finally allowed to stay in the room, we were charged an additional fee to do so as they had raised their prices for this night because they were sold out. We also did not get serviced for this day as they had thought we were leaving, yet we were again charged the 10% service fee.
There is construction going on on floors 11 & 12 and the pool floor which caused some elevator delays, but this is a temporary inconvenience that will ease when construction is completed.
All in all, the Bishop Lei has a fantastic location, great views and is a marvelous place to stay if you have no unusual circumstances. While all were polite, no one seemed to have the authority or autonomy to make any allowances for the oddities that sometimes come up, leaving us no choice but to leave disappointed rather than making an uncomfortable scene.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong