I chose the Bishop Lei on the basis of its intriguing ownership, the radical location and the large number of reviews from satisfied guests. Well, I'm another satisfied guest!
I came to Hong Kong for the Electronic Fairs at both Wan Chai on the isalnd and at Asia Expo near the new airport. Both were supremely easy to get to from Bishop Lei. They have a shuttle bus direct to Airport Express at Central and to the Convention/Exhibition Centre at Wan Chai. However, I didn't organise myself to use these much so took taxis instead - and in Hong Kong they're cheap and plentiful. Only 10-15 minutes got me to where I needed to go. The Airport Express train takes about 30 minutes to travel to Asia Expo - so you can get to the Airport from Bishop Lei in under an hour!
Bearing in mind several reviewers who warned that standard rooms at Bishop Lei were very small I booked a Bay View Suite - and at around 1100 HK dollars the room was great value compared to a 3-star hotel in London or Liverpool. The suite had two rooms and an incredible view down to the skyscapers round the bay. Clean, modern and with all mod-cons (aircon and TV in both rooms, free WiFi, large shower and bright lighting throughout). Hong Kong still uses UK electrical plugs which was great for me - the room had lots of plugs for all the gadgets we can't do without these days.
The 3 lifts from the lobby were fast to all floors (23 in total) and the staff were attentive and polite.
The hotel is near the fantastic mid-levels escalators - making access down to SoHo and Central easy and quick in both directions. Within an hour of arriving in Hong Kong we were walking down the hill taking in the great HK atmosphere! Also nearby is the fantastic free Botanical Gardens and Zoo - the reception staff will direct you down an amazing staircase between the hotel and the next door tower, via the Cathedral courtyard below (worth a peep inside), and a short walk down the road. Beware of neck-ache in Hong Kong from gawping at all the amazing towers!
Don't hesitate - try the Bishop Lei for excellent value and an interesting location. And no, they aren't paying me for this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong