Bishop Lei International House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$207
US$102
US$134
US$107
Agoda.com
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$196
US$245
US$224
Shangri-La.com
  • Pool
The Upper House(Hong Kong)
US$673
US$626
1,084 results
All reviewsthe mid level escalatorsrobinson roadrooms are smallmidlevels escalatora harbour view suiteshuttle bussoho areasingle roomcentral stationbars and restaurantspeak tramadmiralty mtrshort walkfloor to ceiling windowsairport expresshk islandstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The hotel is grate. They didn't have non smoking room available and they give us an upgrade. So we took a room with huge windows and views.

They have swimming-pool too, but It wasn't open (winter time). We didn't have breakfast included but the hotel is close to soho and you can find nice restaurants, and coffee shops around

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aaranega
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Harbor view Suite is composed of 2 rooms of rouglhy 4sqm each... for just 1000HKD without breackfast.
For the harbour view, I guess 17th floor was not high enough. Nevertheless the view is not too bad and the only positive point I can find in this hotel.

WORST was that NO HOT WATER in the bath room! Just check other reviews saying the same thing on different websites. When claiming to desk at check out I only got the mineral water bottle fee waived (32HKD)... knowing that this is free in any other HK hotel...

I definitely recommend to spend a very little more money and go in a real hotel with professional service and staff, or to spend less and you get what you expect.

Cleanliness: dust on the TV set
Location: not bad, up the escalators
Rooms: No HOT WATER. Harbour view suite is really tiny, even for HK.
Service: mistake in my first room allocation (smoking, 5th floor)
Value: 1000HKD is a joke for such a place and service.

P.S: they answered by email to my claim for reimburmsent with deepest apologies and promised a discount for my next trip... lol

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank airdus
Reviewed 8 January 2010

GREAT LOCATION on Robinson road! So close to the midlevel stairs that you can just tumble into Hong Kong's Central. And on the way you pass through lovely eateries in Soho (try Phuket for good Thai food!) and the always happening Lan Kwai Fong (go to the top floor of the Lan Kwai hotel and dance overlooking the harbour!), then straight into all the malls so you can shop til you drop.
Rooms are TINY, but cozy. Blankets are super soft. FREE wireless internet. FREE frequent shuttle to town (goes to admiratly, hong kong station etc). The staff is helpful but could be a little more knowledgable/concierge-y. and the elevator is sterlised every hour it says. No swine flu fear here.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank RadianceLee
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I don't mean the rooms, we got the Harbour View Suite and it was wonderful--spacious, with a wall between bedroom and living area that gives a real sense of privacy and peace. The hot water does not get hot enough but that would be my only suggestion to change the room--otherwise the harbour view suite is the way to go.

I'd like to rate this hotel as "poor" except for the caliber of the rooms. Those are awesome!

HOWEVER, the service here leaves a lot to be desired. Room service and housekeeping are awesome--great job. I am just referring to the front desk and their lack of professionalism. Without going into too much detail, they botched a birthday weekend planned in HK--they tried to pawn us off on a 3rd floor "harbour view" at the same rate and you can't even see the harbour at all from that level! Mostly you see an ugly schoolyard. I had told them in advance that it was a special occasion (birthday) and also mentioned it when we checked in and they didn't even say happy birthday to my friend. When I saw the room I said something and they moved us to the 7th floor. This just proved that they had the room and just didn't want to give it. I don't know why, we were staying 6 nights so you'd think they'd be pretty nice to us and we booked a month in advance with a request for a view. On top of it all none of the regular daytime staff ever cracks a smile. They don't even look up when you approach the desk. Felt really bad, not at all like you are a welcome guest. Left an ugly taste in the mouth and because of all this would not stay here again.

One other note--I did not at all like the location as one other guest did. I suppose that is a matter of personal taste but for me, being up here on mid-levels was horrible--totally out of the way and not near any stores, restaurants, etc and in the middle of yuppie expat land. If I were you I would stay in Kowloon, we had a great time at the Yesinspace even though the rooms were tiny.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Well located, but the rooms are like pigeon holes.

I reached the hotel at about 4 pm, and was asked to wait as the room was not ready.. even though the check-in time is supposed to be 2 pm.... well, they did arrange a room in about 15 minutes... then came the shock.. as we entered the room, we were amazed, the bed room area didnt exceed 8 ft by 8.. and the loos maybe some 4 ft by 4.... it ws very very uncomfortable.. you hardly had place to move fif there even 2 people in the room. well maybe thats Hong Kong...

about the positives, its pretty well located about 2-3 kms from the central station and major business centres and about 10 minutes from SOHO and hollywood road.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple