Stayed here for two nights in June. The service is very good. I arrived at 6:30 in the morning after an overnight flight and was allowed to check in immediately at no extra cost, so I could have a shower, and a sleep and actually had the rest of the day as a result, so it was really wonderful.
The room was really tiny (!!), but this is fairly typical of Hong Kong where land is not available in abundance. The bed was great, and the bathroom excellent, so we just had to make sure we did not bump into on another. The free internet was slow, but it was working.
Right outside the hotel there are all kinds of buses to take towards the centre, some of which are free of charge (which run roughly once every half hour). We always ended up buying a ticket on the bus, but please beware: 1) few bus drivers are very friendly; 2) give no change; and 3) they speak no English. This meant that we found it a little hard to taker a bus back to our hotel, although we did manage on one occasion. Taxis are everywhere, and they are not terribly expensive, so they are certainly also an option, but walking here from the Centre might be quite hard, unless you've got good legs and use one one of the side streets which has something like 100 meters of escalators going all the way up the hill to a point very close to the hotel.
The gym looks great and has a great view, but the running machine was a little clunky. I would not recommend using the running machine, unless you weigh less than 50kg. There are other machines which I did not try.
Outside the hotel (turn right) there are a few small shops and restaurants. It's not a very exciting area at all, but you can find some nice places for dinner if you walk around a little. I might try a different hotel next time (possibly in Kowloon, which could also be called "the centre"), but I certainly wouldn't mind staying here again if it was for business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting spectacular views of the city's skyline, Bishop Lei International features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. It is a 10-minute walk from Soho and offers free shuttle services to and from Hong Kong Station (Airport Express Station). Bishop Lei International House provides value-for-money rooms with flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. They are bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, and have a tea/coffee maker and a safe. Guests can make use of the well-equipped gym or the sun loungers around the pool. For a quiet afternoon indoors, there is a reading room at International Bishop Lei Hotel. The Sky Terrace Restaurant provides an international breakfast buffet daily. Meals are accompanied by sweeping views of Victoria Harbour, and can be enjoyed on the terrace or in the privacy of guest's room. The Hotel is about 5 km from Hong Kong Ocean Park and only a stroll to Lan Kwai Fong entertainment area. The hotel offers scheduled shuttle services to and from Central, Admiralty and Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wanchai. Mid-Levels is a great choice for travellers interested in nightlife, city trip and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bishop Lei International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishop Lei International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Bishop Lei International Hotel
- Hotel Bishop Lei International
- Bishop Lei International House Hong Kong