“My favorite business hotel and the only one which feels like home away from home.”
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #22 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I travel far more than I would like to, but every time I go back to Conrad Hong Kong it feels equally comforting, and that has been the case for close to 10 years. The service is excellent, and the staff warm and efficient. Keep it up!

• Stayed: July 2011
There are newer reviews for Conrad Hong Kong

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed here for one night in February 2011. Room was modern and very comfortable with a great view of the city. Excellent bathroom with nice amenities and separate shower and tub. Bed and bedding very very nice and comfortable. Received a small Conrad bear stuffed animal as a souvenir in room. We took Airport Express train and bus to hotel from airport - very easy and pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I used my HHonors for this stay and then upgraded to a Peak view suite for $128 a night, USD. If you can, do it. The room was huge and nicely setup. Wifi was free for me, Gold VIP, and breakfast was too. If not free, the breakfast is still a great one. It may not be worth the price compared to a sit down breakfast elsewhere, but this is one of the better buffets around.

Umbrellas in room helped as it was rainy. Housekeeping dried my sneakers, complimentary. The executive lounge here is nice too. Great view and good snacks.

Car service was good too. Limousine from airport was a MB S350, very comfortable. The hotel and staff were top notch.

The chocolates and fruit in the room were actually good too.

Would stay here again, in a moments notice.

Room Tip: Be a Gold or Diamond VIP
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeyhand
Reviewed 8 July 2011

A lovely hotel / great staff and very friendly for such a prestigious hotel

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This is one of our favourite hotels in the world!!

Great break from the city, service is outstanding. Again, upgraded to the executive floor and given lounge access. Staff is very friendly. As for the musty odor, I did not notice, other than a typical hotel smell.

Hotel is a bit expensive, but that is Hong Kong

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaximusOliver
Reviewed 29 June 2011

It is a 5-star hotel with the usual 5-start treatment. However, it is really pricey even by HK standard. As I was there on business, the pinch of the hotel stay did not feel as painful. However, I must agree with one of the earlier reviews that there is a faint musky smell in the room. I was staying on the executive floor and even the executive rooms did not "smell fresh". But overall, the room and bathroom are clean and spacious.

The hotel staffs are polite but in a rather clinical way. There is little warmth in their service. Almost in a bit of stand-offish way. I felt rather sick on one of the nights and I was put through to the assitant duty manager. He was polite and told me that the hotel could arrange for their on-call doctor and informed me of the price range and just left the decision to me as to whether I should call for the doctor and then he simply left it as that. I then asked if the hotel could provide me with some pain-killers and the assistant manager said that he would get a box of panadol from their gift shop and "charged it to my room if it is ok." Felt a bit disappointed with the assistant manager's response as I really didnt feel that he was concerned about my well-being and was more concerned about updating me on " medical cost protocols".

The hotel has good location and it just above the Admiralty MTR station. My opinion is that you shouldnt stay in this hotel unless you are there purely for business as there are better deals elsewhere in Hong Kong.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ZLJ
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Excellent five star hotel with commanding views and a professional, highly available service staff. Food and spa were very good. Location was fine. Only drawback I can mention is that the rooms - at that time of year (Sept with many rainy days) - had a musty odor. I did complain about this at arrival and was taken around to many different rooms until finally the bellhop somewhat shyly told me it was a hotel-wide problem at times because the hotel was somewhat old (I have no idea if this was true - the hotel looked completely modern, glistening and new!). Frankly, it wasn't *all* that bad and you could get used to it or forget about it after a few minutes. I was also there on business, but if I hadn't been and had paid for the room myself, I think that would have disappointed me quite a bit more. Given that there were - literally - about 5-7 torrential downpours everyday between sunny spots, I wonder if this isn't a more common problem in HK in the rainy season. I hadn't heard anyone mention this before and please note that my experience may have been unique to my own experience. Without that issue, the Conrad was really quite an excellent experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business