“Almost Heaven”

Ranked #21 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
McLean, Virginia
“Almost Heaven”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Mid-way thru our recent 6-night stay at the Conrad my wife posed the question - can you think of any way this hotel could be improved? I thought for a moment and honestly said I could not! Professionalism and courtesy of the staff, quality of the rooms and restaurants, location in central HK, free wifi (for Hilton Honors members), views from our suite (room 5026) - all were excellent. In hind-sight I guess the only thing I could possibly have asked for would be a less obstructed view of the harbor. But, having said that, our views from our suite included the harbor, ICC building (120-story Ritz Carlton across the horbor), and other top three highest skyscrapers, and views towards Causeway Bay and Victoria Peak. Best of all worlds.

From our central HK location we were steps away from the wonderful Honk Kong Park, and we walked to Causeway Bay for Dim Sum, and to the mid-levels escalator to see SOHO. We also walked to the IFC building and shopping mall - in incredible experience. Wear good shoes and take off from the Conrad for discovery after discovery.

The free (for HHonors members) breakfast buffet is not to be missed. The executive lounge on floor 59 offers free food and beer and wine in the evenings - and wonderful views of the skyline as the skyscrapers undergo their transformations into the Symphony of Lights.

Cost of a taxi from the airport was only about $45 and took about 35 minutes. Check in was immediate. Checkout was painless.

I must admit my wife and I are forgiving in most cases when we travel. But this experience was over the top in terms of luxury and enjoyment.

Room Tip: We stayed in 5026 - which was a suite at the edge (eastern corner, left-side as you face the front o...
1 Thank patinvirginia
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. I hope to see you again soon.

Thomas Hoeborn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We love the Conrad in Hong Kong. It's a high quality hotel, nice rooms, comfortable beds, good service, good restaurants (try the afternoon tea in the lobby!), the location is very central right over Pacific Place shopping mall... really, everything about the Conrad Hong Kong is good. We highly recommend it.

1 Thank Christian B
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review about Conrad Hong Kong and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for many years and it seems to be more excellent every time I come. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The newly renovated executive lounge is also a nice upgrade from how it had previously been. I will say that Ken and Yoda in the executive lounge always go the extra mile to make my stay the best it can be! Remains one of my favorite hotels in the world, and I can not wait to be back! Don't look to stay anywhere else in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out at Victoria Harbor provide what is probably the best view in the world.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank robbasax
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Hong Kong. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Ken and Yoda know they contributed to your one-of-a-kind experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Finally getting to this review from Dec 2012 Christmas week. This was a 7-night award stay for two rooms and included daily breakfast due to HHonor Gold Status. Breakfast buffet was excellent with outstanding selection of dishes each morning. We also celebrated my son's birthday and the hotel was kind of enough to provide a birthday cake delivered to his room. Rooms were very good size as were the bathrooms. Daily service was terrific with a small fruit selection available every day. Best of all, enjoyed a wonderful view of the harbor on New Year's Eve to see the fireworks display. The hotel also had a decent size fitness room. This was the first time staying at Conrad HK and our first trip back to visit HK in 24 years. Already ready to go back for another visit asap. Would definitely consider staying here again. My sister and mother stayed next door at the JW Marriott but I think the Conrad rooms were larger. Great location also with access to the metro through the connected shopping mall.

Room Tip: ask for a harbor view
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Peter N
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong. I hope your son had a great birthday here with us. We look forward to your return soon!

Paris, France
Reviewed 13 December 2013

A great hotel with clean rooms and a great restaurant, good service although a bit 'slow at the bar, price a little higher end but justified. Everything is perfectly in place; the location is good, walking distance to all points of interest, in some cases short taxi rides. They have an excellent breakfast, professional staff and in abundance. I chose the hotel for work because the location was just perfect for my needs and to avoid wasting time on transportation and it met all my expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rodolfo P
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write this candid review. Your comments are important and helpful to us. We hope to see you return to us soon.

Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Conrad is located on HK Island, and is connected to a mall. With a little bit of walk, you can also access the Admiralty Subway station. While it's probably a good location for business, for shopping, you may want to stay near Time Square, or on Kowloon side. Fortunately, both are only one stop away on the subway.

The hotel is decorated in an antique tone. Rooms are not large, and ceiling is not high. Still, there is a certain sense of elegance about it. We were upgraded to have club lounge access, and the view across the HK bay is gorgeous. My only complaint is that though they servce watermelon juice, you must ask for the explicitly. At our other stay at Hyatt, it's self serve, and I prefer that.

The turndown service includes two small teddy bears on the bed. I thought that was kind of cute and different. The bathtub comes even with a rubber duckie too. Another unusual touch.

We chose to eat breakfast downstairs, and it was very good. Not as big as some Asian hotel buffets, but food was very good.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We will carefully consider your suggestion and review our service procedure accordingly. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you return to us soon.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed only one night on my way back to Japan from business trip to India. It was a little treat for myself to stay such a luxurious hotel as I had been traveling across India over two weeks before that. Actually, I arrived at the hotel before the check-in time (2pm), the receptionist was so kind and offered me an upgrated room with beautiful harour view shortly. This arrangement helped me a lot as I needed to change into the official dress to go to the office. While I didn't have a chance to utilise any of facilities in Conrad Hong Kong, it seemed there were nice restaulants and bars where I really wanted to drop by. Next time I visit Hong kong, will definitely stay this hotel again and make fuller better use of some facilities.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay here at Conrad Hong Kong! Although you had no enough time to fully experience our smart luxury hospitality, I am still glad to know you enjoyed your stay here. I hope next time when you travel brings your back to Hong Kong, you will spend more time with us.