“Nice hotel”

Ranked #23 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
San Francisco, California
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at the Conrad following a spectacular cruise that ended in Hong Kong. I had heard from a friend that the hotel treated Hilton Diamond members with over the top service. He was absolutely correct.

We arrived at the hotel with too much luggage which was whisked away by the bell service and escorted to the front desk. A clerk walked us from the front desk to the elevator where we walked to the Executive Lounge. We were invited to have breakfast since we were early. (we assumed that the rooms weren't ready) Following a nice buffet (more later) we were again escorted to our room. On the way, the clerk informed us that we were upgraded to a suite. The suite is actually 2 rooms at the end of the building. It included a large living room, guest bath, master bath and large bedroom with views of both the mountain and the harbor.

Room
The bed was firm, a little too firm for me but most people would probably like this. We have a choice of bathroom amenities ranging from aromatherapy, Shanghai Tang and another brand. About 4pm, the doorbell rang and a room attendant arrived to fill a box on the desk with tarts and chocolates, This occurred every evening. The turndown service was efficient as well. However, I found it odd that the curtains were left open in the bedroom.

We took advantage of the breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails in the Lounge. The buffet for each was nice but not over the top as I've experienced in other Conrad Hotels. Breakfast was half English and half Asian. The dim sum and noodles were good but would have preferred a little variety in the entire selection. Same with tea.

We opted for dinner one night in the Golden Leaf, the hotels Michelin star restaurant. Food there was ok. However, for the price, I was disappointed that we spent that much for a meal we could have had in SF. It was a nice diversion but I wouldn't dine there again.

Location
The hotel is located on top of a large high-end mall and sandwiched by a JW Marriott and a Shangli-La hotel. It's very close to the Peak Tram (10 min walk) with ready access to the MRT.

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Very attentive and very friendly. We saw several 'ugly business/tourist' incidents that the staff responded to professionally and courteously. I was appalled by the spoiled rants of a few nasty people. But this would occur anyway. The method of handling the situation defines the quality of the vendor. The Conrad performed admirably.

Would I stay there again? Yes, of course. Would I do things a little differently - yes.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a harbor view room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DCC617
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
Thomas Hoeborn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Maybe I am just getting grumpy, or spoilt, in my old age because this hotel is probably worh a 5 rating in most peoples book. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it (although I did have a problem with the internet but this was fixed quickly). The rooms are spacious and the service is excellent and as others have commented the location is perfect for business or retal therapy. For those of you concerned about the weather in Hong Kong then this place is ideal as it is connected by a maze/mall of underground walkways that provide access to the mall, the adjoinging bussiness centres and the MTR without ever needing a brolly. I did not try the hotel food as there are so many options in the underground cavern.
The only problem was that it felt rather dull. This is vibrant Hong Kong and the Conrad is just devoid of any defining character. I am writing this as I pack because I am pretty sure I will have forgotten about it by the time I get to the airport.
But please don't be put off by my pernikety views, try it and you probably wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try and arrange bay views, the island views are depressing.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Kind Regards
Thomas Hoeborn
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed three nights here in early January and had a terrific experience. The Conrad brand never disappoints and this was no exception. Excellent car service from the airport, top notch service beginning with our front door greeting by the front office manager when we arrived late, to the uber attentive Executive Lounge staff, to the Concierge Team the staff is extremely well trained and professional. Our Diamond upgrade suite was very nice with fantastic views over the harbor, and the bathrooms are large and well appointed with both shower and tub. The restaurants have fabulous food with both breakfast and dinner buffets that looked amazing although we did not partake. The highlight was the Executive Floor lounge which had amazing breakfasts and evening food and cocktails in a luxurious setting. The location of the property is a short walk through the park to the mountain tram, and the hotel is on top of the nicest mall in HK with all of the luxury brands an elevator ride away and also has numerous alternative restaurant options that are not the typical mall eateries.

Bottom line is this is a great hotel which reflects the Conrad brand well

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great location in Central. 15 minutes walk to Star Ferry; 5 minutes to many business locations. I had a pleasant room overlooking the harbour. The executive Lounge was very impressive; quite busy but served a full breakfast and nice afternoon tea and evening snacks.

Staff were very helpful and attentive. I went for breakfast and my room was cleaned by the time I came back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I travel to Hong Kong a few times a year and I really enjoy staying at the Conrad. The location is located in a wonderful mall and is a short train ride from most anything I wanted to do in Hong Kong or Kowloon. Make sure and book with the executive lounge so you get the better views and lounge access. Food in Hong Kong can be crazy expensive so the lounge helps to cut out breakfast/snack costs throughout your stay. Save the money and go to Lan Tao Island. :)

Room Tip: Higher the better :)
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kenny L
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed for about two nights in Conrad, HK last night. It was my third stay there. The stay was really pleasant. The check-in staff had all my relevant information and my preference based on my prior stay. I was also given early check-in without any additional charges. I was really impressed with their hospitality, efficiency and ambiance. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at Hotel Conrad for 4 days and it was an amazing experience. The food was also great, even one day we got complete Indian menu and that was really fantastic. The location of the hotel was also very good, well connected by metro trains to the city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business