“Excellent, luxurious and fabulous hotel...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #21 of 715 Hotels in Hong Kong
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Excellent, luxurious and fabulous hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

My luxurious experience from such a hotel when a limo picked me up at the airport, a warm welcome at the early morning and a surprise that i could have an early check-in at 6 am!
Next experience was about their other amazing facilities that the hotel have, great various of breakfast choices and comfortable meeting room...
Only one thing that came across my mind...... I just wish that the fitness/gym room was larger with more equipments....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Thomas Hoeborn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is an excellent hotel, that combines a luxurious ambience with friendly, helpful staff. The rooms are really very good, every comfort is provided, nothing is forgotten down to a rubber duck to float in the bath! Food is excellent in all restaurants and bars. It is worth noting that I first stayed in this hotel in 1981 when it was just as good. It is nice to know nothing has changed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Patti S

Seoul
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went as a couple and had a great time, perfect location, perfect facilities, great service, but still there were a few items I would point out:

1) we specifically mentioned it was our first stay at the hotel, but no response from anyone. Not that we would expect an upgrade, but I think a real 5-star would have used that or said something nice.
2) we are from Korea and I don't see the point of having to pay for Wifi in the room. I think this is 2014 and I find it weird that hotels still try to make money from Wifi. For me that's like asking for TV-charge. That should be complimentary throughout the hotel, not just in the lounge.
3) we couldn't connect our iphone to a docking-station. There was a docking-station, but it was outdated. Not sure, but I guess that's a problem a 5-start luxury-hotel should be able to solve.
4) I am very noise-sensitive and woke up due to the water-pipe sound each early morning. A bit weird, considering otherwise it's really nice and quiet.
5) The fitness studio was a bit small and dark. Nothing bad, but it wasn't really motivating to stay long.

Other than that a very impressive hotel. I am giving only 2-starts to get the management's attention, sorry for that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gumbolo
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We promise our guests a world of style, service and connection, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Returned to the conrad in hong kong after a few stays in hyatt. Conrad is better priced then hyattt. From a service point of view, you can hardly notice any difference. Staff in and around lobby are very helpfull and well informed in the situation that you have to find your way. Rooms are good. King size bed. Bathroom with tub and dedicated shower room. TV reception is ok. In other hotels I experienced differently.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter S

Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the conrad for 13 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We preferred it to the four seasons where we stayed a year ago as it just felt more relaxed. Executive lounge was excellent too.

Rooms are very spacious and homely, views are fabulous whether you stay on harbour side or peak side. It felt like home from home. We really loved the Conrad.

There is some room for improvement in the following areas:
- service is generally a bit hit and miss. I don't think all staff are really operating at 5 star standards
- the pool bar drink service is very slow and the staff member behind the bar is quite weak
- the pool location isn't great as it's always in the shade, although I doubt there is much that can be done about that
- the breakfast selection is great although the American counter isn't great with sausages having an unusual flavour and omelettes are not very nice at all!

But these are minor niggles, the rest is just fantastic.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong. We promise our guests a world of style, service and connection, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed for business as a Hilton member. They greeted me very professionally and offered upgrades that included breakfast and Wi-Fi for a very nominal fee. This included a great Harbor room view, executive level and perfect service.
The room was great and the staff was, as fully expected, perfect!
Great business and vacation hotel.

Room Tip: Get a Harbor room view and spend the extra money for the free Wi-Fi, Breakfast and Executive Level...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChiTownTraveler2013

Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

upgraded to a room on 57th floor overlooking harbor. The upgrade included use of 59th floor level amenities which included breakfast and 5-7 cocktails and appetisers. Quite spectacular. Everything was as anticipated for a very expensive hotel, Location was good. We spent a little time walking randomly around the area as we didn't have good directions on how to get places quickly --like the ferry over to Kowloon. There is a really high end mall underneath the hotel which was fun to walk around. The shopping in Kowloon was my wife's favorite, but I never felt like it would have been better to stay in Kowloon rather than on the island. We went to the Happy Vaslley horse races on Wednesday night and had a really great time. I am not sure if just anybody can get in to do that, as we had a freind who lives in HK who is a member of the Jockey Club. Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple