“Great Hotel and Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #22 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Portland, Oregon
“Great Hotel and Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

First time to Hong Kong and glad I selected the Conrad hotel, will definitely return.

All the good things:
- Located atop a great mall, and connected to Admiralty MTR station as well as easy and safe walking to all the areas of town. There's direct access to the mall via elevator and a StarBucks if you need it
- The check-in / concierge staff were very friendly and helpful
- Rooms were what you'd expect for a nice hotel, but not palatial
- Executive Floor lounge was fantastic for breakfast (did not go later in the day) and one of the best views of Kalwoon in the city. It was never too busy and the staff were very attentive.

A couple of disappointments:
- Taxi availability was hit or miss in terms of availability, which seemed strange.
- I had coffee one morning in the restaurant above the pool (dressed casually) and the server was surly and gave the impression I was not welcome.

Room Tip: Try and get access to the executive lounge.... breakfast was awesome. If nothing else, go up there t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Thomas Hoeborn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

After an overnight flight arriving at 6am at the hotel, I was worried that I wouldn't get a room for hours; not the case; no fuss; was shown a room straight away.

It is no more than a 10 mins walk to Central and located in one of the best shopping malls on HK island.

Good gym facilities, good restaurants and very pleasant rooms, with excellent service. Bottles of water replaced daily and a welcome tea service when you arrive all make for a pleasant experience.

Would recommend this hotel for travellers and for business alike

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Subang Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am so impressed with the services provided the moment i checked- in, the room is very big and everything about the room was fantastic. They even have an espresso machine in the room which is for free of charge. The location is also strategic because it is connected directly to a shopping mall and the nearest mtr station is a walking distance. I fully recommended this hotel for those who are looking for a 5 star services!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hongkong, Hong Kong
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I came down to hotel restaurant for lunch - we kept the laptop bag next to the sofa. When we went to pick our food, our bag was flicked. And the hotel staff was non-chalant abou the whole incident. Stay there only at your risk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Ashish K
Dear Valued Guest,

We regret that you had an unfortunate experience during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to my attention and allowing me to follow up with our security department to ensure that you and future guests are taken care of. If I can assist you further, please let me know. Thank you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Everything about my stay at the Conrad Hong Kong went well. After a long overseas flight, check-in went extremely fast, and I was given an upgrade to the executive level and a room with a great view of Victoria Harbor and Kowloon. A couple minutes after settling in to my room, hot tea was brought to me (as well as two little Conrad teddy bears--not really my thing, but a nice touch. The room was fairly typical of a Hilton--in room coffee-maker, ironing board, lots of pillows for the bed. The shower gets and A+: easily controlled temperature with plenty of hot water. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. The exercise room was good. It is mostly treadmills and stationary bikes, with a few weight machines and some space for yoga. Outdoor pool is nice.

I have two small criticisms: 1) My room had a slight musty smell, though that has been true of almost every place I have stayed with hot, humid climates. 2) Every once in a while, the toilet gave off an odor of sewage.

If you stay here, the Admiralty subway station can be accessed by walking through Pacific Place mall (which also has some good dining options in it). It is a five minute walk and you don't need to go outside, except for about a 100 food stretch. The signage isn't great, so you may need to ask a person or two directions the first time you try it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong. We promise our guests a world of style, service and connection, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

前にもコメントさせて頂きましたが、仕事で出張のとき、いつもエグゼクティブ・フロアに泊まっておりますが、今回は5月21日に宿泊しました。
エグゼクティブ・ラウンジがリニューアルされていたことをまったく知りませんでしたが、さらに快適なラウンジになっておりました。しかしながら、ラウンジのスタッフは、ずっと前から同じ人も結構いて、とても親切ですし、いつも私のことを覚えていてくれます。
また近いうちに香港へ行き、宿泊したいものです。
As I`ve written here before,I always stay at the executive room in this hotel on business.This time I stayed on May 21.
I didn`t know the executive lounge had been renewal and I felt it more comfortable. But some of the staff there were still the same and very kind.It has been very nice that they always remember me.
I hope to visit and stay there very soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a great stay at the Conrad in Hong Kong. The hotel can be pricey, but every penny is worth it. We were 2 adults + 4 kids and were treated like royalty. The kids (and the adults too!) especially enjoyed the chocolates in the room and at the lounge. They even replenished the chocolates when we went out for the day.

Location - attached to a shopping mall with easy access to the metro - only 10 min walk to entrance of metro through the mall
Staff - very friendly and helpful for everything. Concierge provided clear directions to get to various locations.
**Kenneth in the executive lounge was especially helpful to our family. Each morning at breakfast, he asked what our plans would be and he provided some tips on how to make the most of our day. The best tip overall was to take the double decker bus to the top of Victoria Peak and ride the tram back down. It saved us 2 hours waiting in line for the tram up and the kids had a blast riding in the bus up the beautiful mountain.
Lounge - great breakfast and evening and afternoon snacks. Options were varied and plentiful. After a long day sightseeing, sometimes the evening snacks were enough to pass for a light dinner so we could go straight to the room.
Check-in - staff were great. We were only Gold and they gave us the Diamond upgrade to the executive floor with lounge access. Since we had the whole family, we had booked two rooms. They upgraded us to the 2 bedroom suite with lovely views of the mountains, even though we had booked a reduced rate for the 2 rooms.

They also have a voucher in the Entertainer books so you pay 1 night and get the 2nd night free. Even with the discounted rate, the hotel still treated us like we were special guests.

Room Tip: Establish communication directly with the hotel before your arrival to introduce yourself and any sp...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank American-in-AD
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Conrad Hong Kong. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.