“Executive club staff very helpful and friendly”
Review of Conrad Hong Kong

Conrad Hong Kong
Ranked #23 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Gold Coast, Australia
“Executive club staff very helpful and friendly”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed two nights in a suite on the 45th floor with a fantastic view over the harbour. We were impressed with the lovely tart and chocolate box, along with the fruit platter we received as a welcome gift.
The executive club staff were particularly friendly and helpful and made every effort to ensure that we were happy with our stay.
The shopping centre downstairs is very convenient.
On the whole we had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your comments about Conrad Hong Kong, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Thomas Hoeborn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed for 4 days in a deluxe Business Class room with access to the Executive lounge on the 59th floor. Our large bedroom had picture windows overlooking the harbour giving us a wonderful view. The bathroom was well appointed but the shower somewhat old fashioned. The bedroom was very well appointed even down to catering for electrical appliance plugs of several varieties.
We used the Executive Lounge for breakfast and evening Happy Hour drinks. The breakfast selection was excellent, and the staff were particularly friendly and helpful. They made us feel very welcome during our whole stay, and handled all our needs. We had free wifi internet access there.
The hotel is very well located at Pacific Place, with the adjacent shopping mall offering a wide selection of shops and restaurants, and the MTR and buses and trams nearby.

Room Tip: I suggest paying extra for use of the Executive Lounge if staying for several days.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We visited Hong Kong for five days at the end of August/early September 2013, and it was the first time we'd actually been to the city, not just the airport. Friends of ours recommended the Conrad as a centrally located hotel that was also a really nice place to stay, and we're Diamond Hilton members so it seemed like an obvious choice!

We landed late at night and took a taxi to the hotel, which was a bit of an issue because the driver didn't understand 'Conrad' (perhaps our accents!) so we had to speak to dispatch, but once that was worked out it was an easy trip. It always helps to have places/locations written down in English as well as Cantonese/Mandarin just in case, and we did so from this point on.

The Conrad is very conveniently located in the center of Hong Kong, on top of the Pacific Place mall (it's comparable, and actually nicer, than Columbus Circle in NYC than a regular US mall; exactly like Ion in Singapore, if you've visited there), which also has an MTR stop. You can take the elevator from the hotel down to the mall and from there access the MTR, so no need to go outside, which is really wonderful when it's 90 degrees out and/or raining. It's a modern hotel in terms of style but I would call it more a business-oriented hotel than a luxury hotel - I certainly felt I stood out compared to all the men/women in business suits or having actual business meetings (maybe I wear casual clothes to my meetings!) in the lounge.

We were swiftly checked in and upgraded to an executive level room (I think on the 61st floor) with great views of the harbor and Victoria Peak - best of both worlds! The room size is average; I know not to expect large rooms in cities, but I did think the room would be larger considering this was an upgrade. It was a perfect size for 2 people, however, with a king bed, chairs, a large closet, and a pretty large bathroom with separate toilet (it was mostly taken up by a tub, which I don't really need, but I did like the rubber duckies). There was also a stepping exercise machine? That was a fun little surprise. If you are a status member, you can request the brand of toiletries you prefer, and we got the Shanghai Tang option, which I really recommend! I wish you could purchase that elsewhere, as I loved the scent and pathetically hoarded all the items to bring home. The scent now reminds me of Conrads in general and Hong Kong, and it's a nice little reminder!

As there was construction going on at the hotel (they were renovating the executive lounge), we received a Conrad bear wearing a cute construction outfit and hard hat, which was a cute touch. Instead of lounge access, we went down to the lobby lounge for free breakfast, as well as afternoon tea and evening drinks. We just had to let them know our room number and it was all set, although they did guard it quite carefully, to ensure we were really supposed to be there (to be fair, we were dressed like tourists, and everyone else was in business attire, so I see the confusion!). They had a very extensive buffet in both the lounge and the Garden Cafe for breakfast, and I can't imagine not finding something to eat! We also dined at Nicholini's one evening, which was delicious and just very convenient to be in the hotel.

I do see people have complained about the wifi - ours was included due to our status, but I do think it is ridiculous to charge for wifi considering the nightly rates at the hotel. It was very fast, though, and we used it on all our devices (no limit).

There is also a pool and a gym, which we didn't use (since we're clearly lazy bums). The pool looked nice, and was probably really enjoyable in the summer heat, but it's not large - I don't think they expect many guests to use it. I know I've said it before, but this is definitely a business-focused hotel, which I don't mind at all but I suppose it could bother some people.

Just a note - there is a supermarket below in the mall, at the bottom level - stop here for snacks! We also bought some moon cakes there, as we were visiting during the autumn festival, and they were great gifts to bring back home (cheaper than what the hotel offered).

We plan to stay here again the next time we visit Hong Kong, as what's there not to like? Perfect location, attentive and helpful staff, great views, and comfortable rooms (plus rubber duckies!). See you soon, Conrad HK!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

London
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in the Conrad for 5 nights on business and echo a lot of the other reviews.

The room, location and service were excellent. My room had a great view over Kowloon and the skyline and was very comfortable. The location of the hotel was spot on, you could walk straight through the hotel, into the Pacific mall and then onto the MTR.
One of the best aspects of the hotel was the superb service in the Executive lounge. I was with two colleagues and the staff quickly came to know us and get us drinks automatically. They were great at giving advice and helping us out. Really top notch service.

The only complaint I have is one that I really don't think I should have in this day and age: the Wireless. Not only does it run at about dial up speed (using my phone as a hot spot was vastly quicker) but it was chargeable. Lounge access gave us wireless in the lounge but that didn't include your bedroom. When you are paying a fairly large amount of money a night you really don't expect to have to pay extra for wireless AND it to be painfully slow.

If they got that sorted this would be an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: go as high as possible overlooking Kowloon
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Harding74
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to offer the best quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We know that internet access is an important feature of the guest experience, and we are continually working to look for ways to help our guests being better connect. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, and thank you again for taking the time to offer your review.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Conrad in conveniently located in the centre of Hong Kong Island just above one of the biggest shopping centres. The staff provides good and professional service, the room was clean and the view out of the 49th floor quite nice. But the hotel is now 25 years old and it appears that there hasn't been much done since then in the rooms. The TV-set is new, but technology and furnitures are pretty old. Wifi is still charged at horrendous rates, which is to me a bad style in 2014.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

ConradHongKong, General Manager at Conrad Hong Kong, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Conveniently located at Pacific Place above the Admiralty MTR. Banks, Supermarket, pharmacy,luxury to mass market shopping, cinemas, cafes & restaurants all within the mall. Thai Basil at the basement of the mall has excellent Fusion and authentic Thai food. Good to call ahead as always full. Supermarket in Harvey Nicholas is superb to pick up good quality bread/ salads/ fruits/ snacks and drinks to stock your own mini bar. Come what may with MR WEATHER… all is good. Take the lift down and walk 3 mins and you are at the train station. Island Shangrila and Marriott are connected to the same mall, Cova on the 3rd floor on the side nearer to Marriott is a good place for coffee Ye Shanghai - popular rest, is also on the 3rd floor of the mall (same row as Ferragamo boutique)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Byfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very convenient location for staying in Hong Kong. Hotel has lots of amenities. Staff very friendly. They make you feel very welcomed upon arrival. Though you need to pay extra for Wifi in your room, they make it available for free in lobby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family