“Not our favourite.”
Review of Largos Hotel

Largos Hotel
Ranked #317 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Stayed at Largos Hotel for three nights in November, 2011. Location was good, but we felt this establishment was not worth what we paid. Our room was to include free Wi-fi but it was not accessible (apparently due to the fifth floor location). When this was brought to the attention of front desk staff they brought a cable up to the room along with a bill for Wi-fi services. As I was using an iPod this type of connection was not an option. My biggest problem was with the extremely uncomfortable rock hard bed. (I am used to sleeping on a pillow top mattress, so others may not find this a problem.) When I asked if there were toppers available or rooms with softer mattresses, I was informed that "this is not a five star hotel", and that it is healthy to sleep on a firm mattress. One other point to mention is to be careful if you are using the in-room safe. It is not bolted to the closet, but free standing!!! (See photo.)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pacificogirl

Reviewed 15 December 2011

location - ideally located above jordan mtr. staffs were friendly and helpful in assisting with the attractions.

comfy bed and newspaper at your doorsteps every morning.

walkable distance to TST and good shopping places nearby

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ashxu
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed one night in the Deluxe room before a side trip to Taiwan. The Deluxe room was small, had a really hard bed, and the air condition could not be adjusted. It was quite cold in the room. Overall room was okay, but not clean as per Western standards. The bathroom is old and outdated with mouldy grout. The hallways had a musty, mouldy smell.

After our side trip to Taiwan, we had booked a 10 day long stay package in which we were placed in a Standard room. We had arrived at the hotel around 9 PM and there was only one Standard room left and the Presidential Suite. Before we paid for the long stay package, we asked to go see the room we would be staying for the next 10 nights.

I'm so glad we inspected the room first. It was horrible. It was worse than the Deluxe room when we thought it couldn't get any worse. There was mould all over the shower grout and the room carpet was stained and again, the hallways smelled of mould.

We refused the room we inspected and were told that the only other available room in the hotel was the Presidential suite. But was told it was going to cost us another $1600 HKD per night to stay there.

It was close to 10PM at this time and we were exhausted, but nonetheless, we still refused to stay in the Standard room. The hotel ended up charging us for one night for the hotel even though we left to find another hotel that night.

Personally, I would not recommend this hotel as it is dirty and just not up to Western standards. If you walked through Nanking Rd, you would have encountered a lot of shady businesses and people.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy L
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed in Hotel Largos in oct 2011. The hotel is located near the MTS station and is only a 5 minute walk. The hotel is also very close to the night markets. The rooms are standard size as per Hong Kong standards. The Staff is really helpful and was happy to guide us. The only thing i was not comfortable was the breakfast as it was teh same breakfast everyday. Though the quality and quantity was good. I would recommend Largos to travellers.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2011

i must admit, staying here was purely because of the price, location and cleanliness. paid about 900HKD for each night on a long stay price. free wifi & welcome fruit basket was said to be included.

exit from Jordon B2 mrt, walk straight, first junction turn left and Largos could be seen from the corner. very convenient for traveling around HK.

took A21 airport bus (HKD33) from the airport to where novotel on nathan road was and walked to the hotel, approx 3 streets away (even with heavy luggage, didnt take me more than 10mins walking time). returned to the airport the same manner. much cheaper than the airport MTR express (was about HKD100+). the airport bus was good for our budget trip.

i stayed in 703 twin room this time (if i'm not wrong i stayed in 704 the other time!). the room looked exactly the same. equally small but equally clean. sufficient for a 4 night stay. liked the fact that they were willing to change my towels and floor mats everyday (some cheaper hotels i stayed in dont do this willingly). didnt like the bed as it was really hard and the pillows were really thin and flat. wasn't too bothered about the thin walls (could near some slamming of doors and people walking along the walkway). still managed to get some rest after so much walking in HK.

we supposedly had free wifi included in our room but the receptionist wanted to charge us for it. we had to show her our confirmation letter before she was willing to give it to us free. the fruit basket (2 apples, 2 oranges & 1 kiwi) was not given to us until we asked for it. i would say they are quite bad at their service. doesnt really bother me as we got it in the end.

the main part whereby i hated about this hotel is definitely its wifi. way tooo slow and kept disconnecting me. upon disconnection, wifi password had to be re-entered and connecting to the connection was already very slow. every night i had to spend at least 20mins trying to connect myself. my friend faced a similar problem with her connection too. the hotel should seriously look into this (can't imagine hotel guests who had to pay for the lousy connection. if my memory doesn't fail me, it was minimally HKD50).

Room Tip: if one is not too picky about room size, a standard basic room should suffice for basic accommodatio...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank peacex
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Prior to staying in Kowloon, I stayed at a few hotels on the HK island and one of the nicer medium priced one is the Charterhouse. Anyway.... I've read all the reviews here about Largos and some of them were negative but I decided to go with the positive ones and book with Largos. After staying there for Four nights, I cannot complain as the service and room was excellent for the price (HK900). The location is fantastic.....although TST is really the place for high end shopping. Plenty of shops around the Largos too, and transport is really not an issue in HK. I've seen most guest houses around Kowloon and they are equally expensive and really rubbish compared to the largos. Of course there are much better hotels just down the road from Largos but they dont come cheap. And yes...I've had a look at the MK whilst I was walking the streets of Kowloon.....stay away from that one as its terrible. Cannot even be compared to the largos.And before I forget.....the beds were comfortable too...nice and firm...great for your back.....not soft sinking rubbish that some hotels pass off as luxury.
For what I paid at the Largos, I must say that it was a great place to stay so if you are on a medium budget of around HK 900 ignore the bad reviews here and you wont go wrong.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 11th Floor....thinking the noise would be less...but the Largos is on a very quiet s...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jazza11
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed 3 nights at Largos. My first trip to HongKong. This hotel is on Kowloon side, situated just 50metres from bustling Nathan Road. You will find plenty of restaurants, small shops, shopping complexes along Nathan Road. Rooms are clean and adequate for 2 adults. Turn down service everyday. Jordan MTR is 1 minute walk away, so getting around on subway is a breeze. Price is a little steep though ... paid HKD1100 per night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple