“Fits the Budget”

Ranked #173 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
manila
“Fits the Budget”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Lobby was very basic and small.. Always full with luggage!

The room where I was assigned (1601), I guess was for solo travelers. There is no way a couple can fit in there! I am 5'4" in height and my good guess is that the bed is maximum of 6' in length. My feet always touched the wall. This isn't a problem with me though. But I think those who will reserve who are really tall should inform reservation about their height so that advance room assignment can be done. The room looked clean, so no complaint about this. Cable has enough English channels.

Location is very good. It isn't a problem if you choose the bus in going there from the airport. The hotel is just a short walk. I got lost at first even though I have the hotel's name and address in Chinese. So if you are going to use the A21 bus from the airport, make sure to go down at stop #9. Busses have LEDs inside that inform you of the next stop so you don't really have to count the stops. After going down at stop # 9, cross the street and head LEFT! This will be towards a public park.. Right after the basketball court, you should turn right. Then walk straight, after crossing 2 small streets, I think that's the hotel already!

Room Tip: Inform the reservation of your height.. You might have a problem with the bed and walls..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kindheartie
DorsettIntl, Director of Marketing and Communications at Silka Seaview Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear kindheartie

Thank you for sharing your feedback pertaining to your stay. And taking all perspective into account, we do trust that you have enjoyed your trip and that your stay with us was a pleasant one.

Yours sincerely
Richard Kwong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Not aware of the Property values and sizes, I was very surprised by the size of the room. Can be quite tight for two persons. Size apart, the room is provided with television, desk, cupboard. The Hotel has a shuttle service to Tshim Tsa sui. It is very close to the night market.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear GalaSince1983

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Hong Kong and indeed, we were happy to be of service to you. We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel on your next trip to Hong Kong.

Yours sincerely
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Checked in at Silka Seaview Hotel from September 20-23, 2013. We were given 2 rooms each since there were 4 of us travelling (me and my boyfriend, my married couple friends). I could say this is one of the best options to stay in when touring Hong Kong. The rooms were quite small but very presentable and clean. I actually didn't mind the size of our room since we only stayed there to sleep after a long day out. What I love about the hotel is its strategic location! It is only a few minutes walk away from the MTR station. It is in Yau Ma Tei which is only a station away from Mongkok, and 2 stations away from Tsim Sha Tsui, where you can do lots of shopping. The hotel is also a few walks away from Nathan Road. There were lots of restaurant options nearby ranging from affordable to more expensive ones. Night market was a few blocks away. It is also near 7-11 and McDonalds.
Another thing that I love about Silka Seaview is their breakfast buffet! Though some of the dishes were repetitive, I could say the foods served were delicious and abundant. Service was also okay, since the staff were mostly efficient and helpful. Over-all I would recommend this hotel! I'll make sure that we'll stay again at Silka Seaview when we come back to Hong Kong :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rache R
Dear Rache

Every now and then we come across fantastic reviews that are real source of motivation for my team members. Reviews that spur us on to continue to strive even harder to deliver the utmost high level of service for all our guests....yours is one of those.

Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hong Kong again; and the opportunity to be of service to you all.

Warmest regards
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Room is very small but not bad to stay in. Majority of the hotel in Hong Kong are small and with the amount of money we paid for, I would have to say that the hotel has exceeded my expectation.

location was very good as there are lots of food options and night market around.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
DorsettIntl, Director of Marketing & Communications at Silka Seaview Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Janet

Thank you so much for staying with us and we are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Best regards
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 September 2013

small room have to go up one at a time if you're with somebody but we're out most of the time. location was superb lots of food options and night market just behind. also near the ferry station if you want to visit macau

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roldxx
DorsettIntl, Director of MarCom, Dorsett Hospitality International at Silka Seaview Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Roldxx

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip and we are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to many more opportunities to be of service to you.

Manila
Reviewed 19 September 2013

After reading some of the reviews on the hotel I would have to say I was a bit hesitant in checking in this hotel but given our budget for our trip I would have to say this hotel has exceeded my expectations.

First off I read that the service can be quite bad. Not true at all. The staff was very helpful when we got to the hotel at 12:00 pm after an exhausting flight we were expecting to wait for a few hours until check in time at 2:00 pm but the staff at check in counter was able to put us in a room on the 3rd floor right away. A big plus so we could unwind before heading out to the malls. The following day we were going to Disneyland with the kids and had to meet the bus in a few minutes. We were met in the hallway by Mr. Chung a staff member at Silka and he offered us to use the service elevator instead of the regular elevator since there were a lot of people using it. My hats off to you Mr. Chung excellent service once again. Also before we left for the airport they allowed us to leave our baggage after checking out at 12:00 pm to do some last minute shopping. The staff isn't all smiles but that doesn't bother me they are quick efficient and get the job done and they go the extra mile to help out if necessary.

The room, yes it is small but we got a room on the 3rd floor which is a plus for me since with two kids so if anything untoward happened we would be on the lower floors. The noise of the traffic outside was bearable if not non existent. It was quite, relaxing and cozy. Sometimes the noise of the other bathroom could be heard but only if you were in the bathroom as well. The only noise that could be heard in the bedroom would be noise in the hallway, while we were there a lady was laughing so loudly at 8:00 am good thing they didn't stay long waiting for the elevator. So as a tip to all who stay, please make sure to keep your noise levels down until you get into the elevator or outside the hotel.

The view, being on the third floor all we could see is another building and an alley but that didn't bother me. I would have rather gotten the lower floors since we had kids. If you want a great view you could always go up to the 19th floor restaurant.

Breakfast is good. You have a choice of white and whole wheat breads, jams and butter, sausages, hard boiled eggs, fried noodles, fried spring rolls, coffee and orange juice and salad. Enough to keep you satisfied till lunch.

Wifi, we were near the elevators and the wifi was excellent, strong and reliable, also free. My son loves to watch Disney cars on youtube before he goes to bed so definitely a big plus. Also I'm a netizen and always have to resort to the internet for assisting in finding good places to shop and eat so this was a big help having connectivity at the comfort of my room.

The location is wonderful. Close to the Yuamatei station about a 10 minute walk so you can just take the MTR to the Tsim Sha Tsui station and the malls in that area. Just make sure to avoid rush hour. Temple street is just downstairs around the corner and becomes a night market to eat out doors or buy inexpensive gifts for your self and family. It opens at around 8:00 pm and starts to close by 11:00 pm Just a word of advise don't touch the merchandise unless you are really going to buy it. Across the street there is a rest garden and the Tin Hau temple where you can enjoy sitting around relaxing in the open air. Nathan street is also nearby where you can find a 711, Mc Donalds, Yoshinoya, and little shops that sell clothes. There is also a Watson's and Sasa there. So location is beyond excellent. It's close to everything.

Cleanliness, well the hotel has surely seen some better days but not completely old and run down like other budget hotels or motels that I've seen. To be honest some 5 star hotels are not that clean either. Overall I would say the rooms were clean enough, especially the beds. If you are worried about bed bugs bring along some Tanic Acid (completely natural) to spray on the sheets. Also some rubber flip flops to use in the bathroom.

To wrap up if staying in a plush hotel is a must for your vacation then spend that money on higher priced hotels. But if you are going to Hong Kong for shopping, eating, malling and Disneyland and you will be out most of the time anyways. If you just need a nice place to rest your weary body after a long day then this is the hotel for you. You can save up those dollars and use it for buying yourself something nice. Personally speaking though, since it is Hong Kong it doesn't make sense to stay in your room the whole time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Fidel P
Dear Fidel P

I must say that your compliments in regard to your recent stay with us certainly make my team very happy indeed; in particular Mr Cheung. I am indeed very proud of my team for 'going the extra mile' to ensure guest satisfaction and rest assured, your comments shall be shared with all my team members as this will motivate them to strive further to maintain if not to raise the standards of service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family members back at our hotel on your next visit soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We had a total stay of 4 nights in silka seaview.

Hotel Location
very convenient. Food places/eateries are very closeby and there is even a famous dessert stall just right opposite the hotel.

Temple street night market is pretty nearby, roughly 10-15mins walking distance. We had a good time shopping around and seeing the local delights.

Hotel service
Service wise is so-so as we had minimum contact with the hotel staff. They were not exactly friendly nor rude so don't expect too much service from them.

Hotel room
We had a standard room for 2. Very comfortable and clean but the room is pretty small and squeezy.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay there. :)

• Stayed May 2013
Dear samental

Being in the hospitality industry, nothing is more important to us than 'happy campers' and indeed it is good to know that you had a satisfactory stay with us. Indeed, in any service industry, there's always room for improvement and we thank you for your constructive feedback which will enable us to further enhance our service delivery.

Should you find yourself in Hong Kong once again, we look forward to yet another opportunity to be of service to you.