“Wow .. A Hidden gem in Hong Kong ... Large rooms and central to everything - without the expensive price tag!”
Review of Eaton, Hong Kong

Eaton, Hong Kong
Ranked #86 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I will start by saying this is the second time we have stayed at this Hotel.
Since our last visit we were pleasantly surprised by the new refurbishments the hotel has undergone.
The rooms are very similar to the Langham Hotel in Mongkok - however, the rooms are much bigger.
We booked the room through our travel agent in Australia.
We did enquire from the hotel of rates and rooms - they have some amazing specials on their web site from time to time.
These promotions are quite good value and are appealing - so make sure you check them out!
The reservation department is always quick to respond and answer any questions you have.
They arranged our private transfers to and from the airport without any drama.
The car was a 6 person MPV with plenty of space and room for people and luggage (just in case you shop a fair bit in Hong Kong).
Our room this time was a triple share room - 2 beds and a great portable bed that was placed in the room.
There was plenty of space and plenty of room for all three of us and our luggage.
The room had a large bathroom by Hong Kong standards - it had a bath and shower and great toiletries were replenished daily.
We booked a room with "E-Club access" - this is a special room that provides a comfortable lounge setting to eat breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner cocktails and nibbles.
This is all inclusive in the room cost when you ask for this type or room and addition.
This permitted up unlimited Wi Fi in or room, the Club room and throughout the entire hotel.
The Wi Fi was excellent and very speedy even with multiple devices running.
The bedding was great - our room had three beds as previously described.
The linen was of high quality and the beds were firm and supportive to sleep on. Extra pillows were provided by housekeeping without any issues.
Our room has a desk to work at - a large TV - access to over 100 channels in different languages and programming.
The room had a lovely couch to relax on and had a large cupboard area for storage of clothes and luggage.
In addition there were drawers in the room and tea and coffee facilities provided.
There was a daily complimentary supply of water provided to the room.
The location is great!
5 mins walk to the Jordan metro station.
Central for shopping areas.
Across the road from Temple Street Markets (we found these markets better than the Mongkok ones and most vendors had prices displayed that could still be negotiated on if you purchased multiple items).
We ate in all the restaurants in the hotel - and were upgraded to the breakfast in the Metro buffet area.
It had a great selection of American and Chinese breakfast selections. In addition an egg chef created whatever you felt like each morning. Staff were always attentive and assisted in making your breakfast experience great.
As explained we booked a room with "E Club" access that gives you access to a large room to check in and check out and snacks across the day. We were hosted by Mimi here.
We met up with the previous manager "Marilyn" who now greets guests at the 1865 check in area in the main lobby. She again provided us with some great information and service. She is a very professional worker and will assist you with any information that you may need during your stay.
In summary, the Eaton is a centrally located hotel.
It has large rooms.
All rooms have recently been renovated and upgraded.
Value for money and great facilities and restaurants.
They have tai chi classes each morning (free)
The have free tours to Temple St Markets and the Jade Markets daily (free).
Close to Jordan Metro.(5 min walk).
A Laundromat is two blocks away if you need washing done for you at a cheap rate. On Chi Wo street - three blocks away. Usually done on the same day.

The hotel has now got Family Rooms - I had a viewing of these rooms on my departure day.
I have included these photos as well - to show the spacious room.

The Eaton is one great hotel in Hong Kong - for the price and the location I don't think any traveller would be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can afford a little more - pay for the "E Club" access room for all the little extr...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gcrefs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 December 2013

To look for a space that can cater to 2 adults and 3 kids in HK is not easy. Room size is always small so I was really pleasantly surprised that Eaton Hotel was able to creatively work out a wonderful room space that can work for family travel.
Guess what I got for a family room? I was actually only expecting a larger bed and a sofa area but not, I got more than that. I actually got a room carved out for the kids to be away from the adults. In total, there was a bunk bed that can cater to my 2 older ones and a sofa. In the kids' room, there is even a TV just for them! Hurray to being able to watch a movie beyond an animated one :) The main bedroom had a queen sized bed to cater to my husband and myself. The space worked out so well. The kids loved being able to not have to squeeze with us and we all have a great rest at Eaton.
Location wise, the hotel is about 5-7 min walk to Jordon Station and 2 streets away from Temple street night market. 7-11 just across the street for any needs and local eateries all around. I love the place. It's in the heart of Kowloon without the buzz like Mongkok.
The staff service is great and what I like most: polite. Special thanks to the duty manager Singer who helped with directions when I was there.
Definitely will check in there again on my next visit to HK!

Room Tip: Reserve early. The family room units are limited
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EstherYeo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is my second time to stay at this hotel, this time I booked a larger room than last time, the last one is like a cubicle with barley any room to move around. This time is much bigger with a couch to sit on. overall I like the location the most because you can pretty well walk to most destinations, like MTR stations, shops and restaurants everywhere. i was tried to rebook into the hotel after a trip elsewhere but can't bcos the hotel is so fully booked. Services is decent, efficient is the word. Room is cleaned except the shower stall has metal bracket left behind which is dangerous to avoid hitting the head while showering.The hotel bustling with guests everywhere and effeciency is the name of the game to get what you want. Will return, Recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My (now) fiance and I stayed here from December 5th to the 9th. The hotel itself is in a wonderful location. The Jordan subway stop is about a 5 minute walk due south and Temple St night markets are pretty much on the other side of Nathan rd. Even the breakfast buffet (should you opt for it) is quite good. The rooms themselves are clean and the wifi was fast and efficient. My gripe and the sole reason I will not be staying here again is due to the fact I nearly missed my return flight home because the front desk failed to book my hotel shuttle to the airport. My departing flight was at 8am and at 430pm the night before I approached the front desk to arrange for an airport shuttle. I was told the shuttle left on the top of the hour. We opted for the 5am shuttle since we had no bags to check. So we got up at 4am and by 445am we were checked out and across from the concierge desk awaiting pickup. At 5:10am we inquired if our shuttle was arriving late. The man behind the desk told us that no reservation was called in but that it was on its way. Around 5:25am the concierge told us that the assistant manager, VINCENT WONG was coming down to assist us. Mr Wong led me back to the front desk, and refunded my charge for the shuttle that wasn't booked...BUT DID NOT PROVIDE US WITH A COMPLIMENTARY CAB. When I told him that his hotel's negligence would make it difficult for us to check in at a proper time and that the Eaton should foot the bill, he looked offended. He couldn't understand that simply refunding my shuttle fare was not enough to make things right. 5:35am my fiance and I got into a cab and raced for the airport, arriving at 6:05am. Had we left on time at 5am all we would have to do is scan our passports on the kiosks provided, get our boarding passes, and board (since we had no bags to check). Not in this case. The kiosk told us, "we were too late to check in and to see an agent for assistance". The line to see an agent was excruciating. By the time we got our boarding passes and cleared security screening we ran to the gate just as our flight was boarding.

Customer service is about going above and beyond to ensure that not only does your clientele return for repeat business, they recommend their friends to offer their patronage should they ever be in the area. Mr Vincent Wong and the Eaton's actions accomplished neither. Anyone who travels understands the benefits of getting to an airport early, leisurely strolling to their gate, and even getting in some airport shopping or a bite to eat before their flight.

There are literally DOZENS of hotels in the Jordan/Tsim Sha Tsui/Yau Ma Tei area. Surely you can find one where if a hotel forgets to book your shuttle and you're standing around for 35 min, they can pay for your cab for inconveniencing you for your time. The staff of the Eaton needs to take a class in customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Eaton H, General Manager at Eaton, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guests

I am sorry to read of your disappointments in your review. I have looked at this incident with Vincent and understand that he explained to you at the time that the shuttle bus company lost your booking in error. We should have been following that up for you however and not waited for you to come and tell us. I agree also that we should have done more when the problem was realized and showed more urgency in our dealings with you. I apologise sincerely for this and I assure you that we are using your feedback to improve our service.

On the other hand I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.

Thank you again for posting your review.

Sincerely yours,

Shane Pateman
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 December 2013

New and reasonable priced hotel. The interior design was great and the rooms comfortable. Great if you need a clean, new and comfortable room for the night. The rooms are quite small, but if u're going to spend most of the day outside, it doesn't really matter. Next to temple street, so it;s quite convenient at night if you need shopping and dinning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham,England
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Eaton has good facilities with a gym and swimming pool and bar/restaurant but the main attraction is its location in the heart of bustling Kowloon.Our room was a very small double with no view to speak of .The food and drink at the hotel is standard price for a hotel (about 65HKD for a beer) but if you get out into the surrounding streets there is much to enjoy.Across the road is a locals cafe that does an excellent breakfast for 30 HKD,there are numerous restaurants selling good,cheap local food and small bars selling beer for 15 HKD.The grew attraction is of course the bustling Nathan Road and all the local markets.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The Eaton hotel is centrally located, close to the Jordan MTR station (about 5 mins walk). It is off the main Road so it is no too noisy. Lots of choices to eat around the hotel and also a night market very close. Hotel has a quite nice gym and swimming pool. Rooms were a bit small but adequate for a city trip when you are not spending most of your time in the room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family